C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Disspointed with Mercedes of Sacramento

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG
Disspointed with Mercedes of Sacramento

Today, I wanted to trade in my 2011 C63 for a 2012 fully loaded C63. So I walk into this dealership and thinking man I am will finally be able to get my hand on one. So here I go.
I walked in, this guy (who name is so insignificant that I dont really give a ****) came to me and immediately I stated to him to him pointing at the C63 in the showroom. I wanted that and I want to test drive it. What suprises me is he shake his head and said no, in order for me to test drive that car I have to lay out a deal with them and put down a deposit. They have a used one outside which is the older model that I can test on. I am like "Dude, WTF? Dont you see me coming in with the older model?" He still shake his head and say that he will need to keep the mileage down for it to keep its value. Ok, so just when I was about to stomp out the dealership, he and his manager (who was playing golf in his office at first" pull me back and insist I let them give me a good deal, check what my car is worth now and lay out a deal from then.
Ok, since I really wanted to get it, I sat down. I dont know what is out with their mind, but after 1hour of "Negoiating", they believe my 2011 C63, no crash, just serviced at 19000miles worth 43k at max in order for them to sell it and make a profit. The car I will be getting will have a sticker price of 83k and I will be looking at around 89k to get it out because it is "in demand".

I seriously wanted to flip them off at that point and they realize it and bring me another 12 C63, but with the AMG option and limited diff taken out. and tried to claim it to me it is the same and they will break their limb in order to sell me that car. What they will offer me is 25k+ my car for a sticker 12 C63 that is worth 67k. I am amused, I told them no, I have no intention of buying anything to help you out on the "end of the month day". Immediately, the ****hole change his attitude from a coaksucker to my boss, he said"What? You dont even have $25k to put down?" I am like...WTF? I just grab my key and paperwork from the table, stood up and tell him. If I work like you, I am sure I wont be driving what I am driving right now, xxxxface.

That was the most horrible experience I ever had in a dealership, that ****hole's face change from a ********** to a bully in a matter of second disgust me.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Never trade in a car. It always screws up the deal.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
You really shouldnt put the trade into the mix until you chop down the price of the new one....once you get to a price where you want the car to be, then you introduce the trade.

This way you at least have a baseline of what the new car is worth.

If you have the trade and the new one on the table, they end up just juggling the numbers back and forth between the two and you never really end up with a clear picture of what you can get the '12 for and what the true value of your trade is......
Old 05-02-2012, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by callmiro
You really shouldnt put the trade into the mix until you chop down the price of the new one....once you get to a price where you want the car to be, then you introduce the trade.

This way you at least have a baseline of what the new car is worth.

If you have the trade and the new one on the table, they end up just juggling the numbers back and forth between the two and you never really end up with a clear picture of what you can get the '12 for and what the true value of your trade is......
Agreeing with Callmiro here. Never bring in more information than required. Start with just talking about the car you want and the negotiate the price till it is something you are happy with. Then you can bring in discussions of trade-ins or upfront cash to close the deal.

That said, these guys at the dealership aren't very stellar, better that you walked away than buy a car from them. There are many many other dealers that can service you and make your purchasing experience greater
Old 05-02-2012, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
I don't blame them for wanting to keep the mileage down. I don't blame them for not wanting to showcase the car because they probably get 5 dumbasses a day asking to "test drive" the car, then someone like you who is really serious gets the car all beat down with unnecessary miles on it. You already have a 2011. You know (to a large degree) what's involved. What they have sitting there is a $80K car not a chevy cavalier.

I don't blame you for being looked at like a worthless time waster, but they are doing it to "protect" and "honor" the real buyer. but hold on, there is a flip side:

If you really wanted the car just cool down a bit, collect yourself and speak softly. More gets accomplished with honey than vinegar...

But I am sorry you are upset and dealt with that...no flame intended.