C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Need Help - Bought 2009 C63 from NJ MB Dealership but can't get Plates and TITLE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Need Help - Bought 2009 C63 from NJ MB Dealership but can't get Plates and TITLE

I need some big time help here. I purchased (paid cash) a 09 C63 from a NJ MB dealership on March 27. Got my temp license plate and drove off. 30 days past and no registration. Dealership says they are having trouble obtaining the title from the previous owners lien holder. They put me in a loaner for a week and now they are paying for a rental car until this is resolved.

I am pissed - paid cash and can't drive my freaking C. I am quite sure they broke a law considering they sold me a car and represented good title yet they didn't have the title in hand. Has anybody experienced anything like this? Does anybody know a good lawyer or how to file a compliant. Maybe NJ DMV?? The NJ dealership is well known and I know many people that have had good experiences. Just super frustrated at this point. Don't know how long it will take to resolve this mess either!!!

Thanks guys for any advice!!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by dfabricant
I need some big time help here. I purchased (paid cash) a 09 C63 from a NJ MB dealership on March 27. Got my temp license plate and drove off. 30 days past and no registration. Dealership says they are having trouble obtaining the title from the previous owners lien holder. They put me in a loaner for a week and now they are paying for a rental car until this is resolved.

I am pissed - paid cash and can't drive my freaking C. I am quite sure they broke a law considering they sold me a car and represented good title yet they didn't have the title in hand. Has anybody experienced anything like this? Does anybody know a good lawyer or how to file a compliant. Maybe NJ DMV?? The NJ dealership is well known and I know many people that have had good experiences. Just super frustrated at this point. Don't know how long it will take to resolve this mess either!!!

Thanks guys for any advice!!

If they were reselling the car for someone else they wouldn't have the title on hand until the sale.

Then they sold you the car and you paid cash and didn't sign a title? Sounds like your fault in my opinion. When you buy a car there is no deal until they sign the title over to you. You pretty much bought nothing unless they sign that title over to you. They most likely had to contact the person selling it and they probably cant find it. Now they need to get a dupe title made up and that takes time.

Edit: Thinking about it a little more....maybe not.... Its a dealer not a private sale. I don't think you sign the title when you buy a used car from a dealer. Either way, ***** happens and they most likely lost the title and need another one made up. Just relax and wait for it...