oem side skirts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
oem side skirts

I noticed that one of my side skirts is off a hinge/bracket. The problem is at the middle and everything else is nicely fitted. search function isnt giving me anything helpful so I am wondering if you guys can direct me to a DIY, tell me how, or install guide for our oem side skirt so I can fix this issue

thanks in advance!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:15 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
I had the same problem though mine is "off" at the rear, so that the skirt sticks out a little compared to the bottom of the passenger door.
Thinking it might be a simple fix I decided to have a go myself. I loosened the rear of the skirt by removing some of the clips in the rear wheel arch. I was able to loosen the skirt enough to see that there is a plastic clip thing that has either broken or come loose (I think the former). I was not able to clip it back in and I could see a short split starting to form in one of tabs on the skirt so I gave up fearing I would make an even bigger mess.
I asked the dealer to have a look on a routine service. They indicated the whole skirt would need to come off, indicated that it probably would not be claimable under warranty, that they would need to book the car in again etc etc - in the end I decided to leave it as it really is fairly trivial.

To answer your question the dealer told me the whole skirt would need to come off. This involves getting the car on a hoist, removing all the plastic stud things in the wheel archs and those 1 inch diameter plastic "screws" where the skirt bends underneath the lower edge of the car and unclipping the whole side skirt.
My Plan B is to try the dealer again at the next service, failing that I might drop by a Mercedes approved panel shop and get a quote from them - it really does look like it would take 10 mins if you know what you are doing.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...le-lights.html
Old 05-17-2012, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
thanks guys.

I also emailed my SA and he told me to bring the car in. I am hoping since I just bought the car, they will foot the bill.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2012, 02:03 PM

09 c63 10 c300 Nissan truck
Originally Posted by Fung63
I noticed that one of my side skirts is off a hinge/bracket. The problem is at the middle and everything else is nicely fitted. search function isnt giving me anything helpful so I am wondering if you guys can direct me to a DIY, tell me how, or install guide for our oem side skirt so I can fix this issue

thanks in advance!
anyone have a startek guide or exploded view that shows how to remove/install the side
skirt ?
Old 05-28-2012, 02:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AV6
anyone know how to remove?