Odd "Jerk" sound from transmission while downshifting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe
Question Odd "Jerk" sound from transmission while downshifting

Hey guys

Past week or so I noticed something quite odd with the car. a very odd jerk sound coming from the transmission. I first noticed it while the car was on S+ and while coming to a stop (just at the end from 2nd Gear to 1st). A very noticeable "jerk" its very obvious and i can feel it. I said its probably because the car is on S+ the shifts are hard/fast while on that mode and i shouldn't worry to much about it.

However, the past few days i can even feel it on C its not always there but from time to time I can feel it. The car at the moment is just under 12000 and service is just around the corner. what do you guys think? should i worry about it or is it normal. or is it transmission fluid
Old 05-19-2012, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63AMG P31
Odd too it happen to me always i dont think its some thing major did service and still their i think its some thing come with the car but let the dealer check it
Old 05-19-2012, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Maybe it's the TCU adjusting to your aggressive driving habits? Or maybe it's just the computer acting up? You're well within the warranty period so just let them check it out. I doubt anyone could diagnose it on this forum without seeing/hearing your car.