Again....MPower, Houston,TX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Again....MPower, Houston,TX

I posted a couple months ago about MPower in Houston. I had never used them and wanted some feedback. On some review pages on the internet, there were some pretty harsh things said. You guys here, on the forum, had some pretty good things to say. As I trust all of you exponentially more than random reviews, I put my mind at ease.

I have to say, I am having a bad experience. All done at Mpower:

First Install- Headers
Second Install- Pulley
"- Springs
"- LSD
"- CF Front Spolier
"- CF Rear Diffuser

First time, there was an exhaust leak from the header install. I do realize that they work on cars worth 2-5 of mine, but still. Seems a straight forward install. So, Ted is cool about it, although never seemed sorry or that apologetic. Eh.....

Second install, about 45mins outside of Houston, on the way back to Austin(yes, I have my car worked on and tuned in Houston), my whole drivetrain blew, there was no connection between the throttle and axle. The gas peddle revved the engine, but I could go nowhere. The exhaust was smoking so white, that some of the other traffic backed away from me. Next, there was black fluid all over the entire underside and rear deck of my 63. Then, lost drivetrain power. There was no more "go". I am not sure what happened, but Ted said it was the axle and not related to the LSD install. NOT RELATED TO THE LSD INSTALL???? Are you kidding me?? Totally related. Well, I had to leave my car in Houston for another week. Very frustrating.

The install on the front lip was horrible. Amateur at best. It was NOT a profession install. It was just screwed in, from the bottom, with various screws, NO nuts. There are no nuts in it at all. I would expect that someone would, especially a business priding itself on high-end vehicles, use decent hardware and install a really nice carbon-fiber spoiler on a really nice C63. I hope it doesn't fall out!!!! The spoiler definitely has to be re-installed, it looks for lack of better phrases, "ghetto". Really sloppy and half-hearted.

Anyway, I'm back in Austin and now I have an engine leak as well as some ticking from the engine. There is also some noise and jerking in super, low-end, i.e., backing out of my driveway, creeping down my street., and parking lots.

All I can say is that my car had no, ZERO issues before MPower handled it and now I feel cheated and frustrated. My car is not how it was before they had it. And this engine leak, not cool. There is fluid all across the bottom of my car. It's continuously being spewn across the bottom from the leak, back.

I am just venting and now searching for help from someone in Austin or Houston that takes pride in their work, in does a pro job. Any help or anyone else had a so-so experience with MPower??

I want my car back and would love some feedback. Thanks,

-jordan

Last edited by jordanaf; 05-22-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Man this is terrible news...really sorry to hear about your troubles. I'd be fuming if I were you and demanding my money back as well as compensation on the repairs.

Maybe you can bring it to Eurocharged in Houston and have them diagnose everything for you.

Best of luck!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Eurocharged in Houston sent me to them. Jerry, at Euro, had been FANTASTIC!!!! He is helping with things that they do not do at his shop. He has started the ball rolling on things that their shop doesn't even do. Eurocharged, in Houston, primarily does ECU and the computerized end of tuning. They do not do fab or mechanically updates or upgrades.

Sucks, don't it!!!

Last edited by jordanaf; 05-22-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:05 AM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 E400 Coupe
Originally Posted by jordanaf
Eurocharged in Houston sent me to them. Jerry, at Euro, had been FANTASTIC!!!! He is helping with things that that do not do at his shop. He has started the ball rolling on things that there shop doesn't even do. Eurocharged, in Houston, primarily does ECU and the computerized end of tuning. They do not do fab or mechanically updates or upgrades.

Sucks, don't it!!!
Feel sorry for you mate. Best advice is reach for a lawyer and follow due process (this is coming from a lawyer). It will take a lttle time because the law works so slow in these matters but it does continue to move. Document everything and you will end up fine. All the best.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
I've seen your C63 a few times at M-Power when I would go in for service, everytime I have dealt with Ted he was very straight forward with me and I would point out things that were wrong. If I didnt like something he would take care of it, he was a man of his word and stood behind his work. I know he did not touch your engine because I asked him what was being done to the C63, I was also there when he fixed your exhaust leak and said he would not charge you.

What I can say is that you should speak to Ted directly with any issues you are having, I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with M-Power but I am 100% sure that they will help you with anything you need. He has installed LSD's on several AMG's without any issues (Mine will be soon) and serviced plenty of Mercedes's and all types of euro cars. That was one of the main reasons why I went to him with my AMG.

I don't think Ted is a member on here to reply to help you out so the best bet would be to call him. Sorry about hearing this hope you get it resolved.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:17 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
This seems so out of character for M-Power, I've used them for everything from scheduled service to headers to coilovers and everything in between. The shop even went out of their way to fabricate new downpipes when the header flanges didn't line up correctly. I've seen several cars bounce between Eurocharged and M-Power with zero issues. I'm not saying something can't go wrong, as we see here things do. How were you driving the car when it happened? Highway cruising speeds, hard pulls, top speed run?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chris.bachman
This seems so out of character for M-Power, I've used them for everything from scheduled service to headers to coilovers and everything in between. The shop even went out of their way to fabricate new downpipes when the header flanges didn't line up correctly. I've seen several cars bounce between Eurocharged and M-Power with zero issues. I'm not saying something can't go wrong, as we see here things do. How were you driving the car when it happened? Highway cruising speeds, hard pulls, top speed run?
I dropped my car off yesterday for the A/C issue (Sorry ) and saw your car there..
Old 05-22-2012, 11:20 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Originally Posted by aghakauve
I dropped my car off yesterday for the A/C issue (Sorry ) and saw your car there..
It's ok Kevin, I still love you.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chris.bachman
It's ok Kevin, I still love you.
Hahaha same here.

But back on topic OP there have been a lot of members on here that have gone to M-Power, and they will all tell you to speak to Ted if you have any issues.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:48 AM
b16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
White smoke? Maybe infamous headbolt issue? Any CEL's?
Old 05-22-2012, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN

Maybe you are confused, and maybe everyone has seen a different car. I was in Austin yesterday working at my restaurant. It was impossibly my car. I have not been to MPower in over a month.

I know that people have had good experiences, but things can go wrong. Human error is a big part of mechanical failure. Also, many of you are directing me to speak with Ted. I am a reasonable man and semi-intelligent. Of course I have addressed this issue with the company that I am curious about. All that I was doing was inquiring about other MPower customers.

There is something horribly wrong with my C63 and I did not have these issues before Ted did ANYTHING. My 63 was completely sound and soild. I used to enjoy worry free driving. Now, I worry about driving my car. It's very sad. A project meant to enhance my driving experience, has really soured me.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by b16
White smoke? Maybe infamous headbolt issue? Any CEL's?
Nope, not headbolt. My rear axle broke. (Suppossedly)

It was definitely tied to the LSD.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
........he fixed your exhaust leak and said he would not charge you.....

Why would he charge me? He is the one who installed the headers and left the exhaust leak in the first place. If it was his mistake, should he not fix it?

He installed the headers really quickly and left a leak. It is definitely his obligation to fix it. If he had charged me, I would have been out of there.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Let me know if I can be of any help in resolving your issues with the shop.
I personally know Ted and he will be more than happy to assist you in any way.
I am going to send you a pm with my phone number so you can contact me if you please.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Maybe you are confused, and maybe everyone has seen a different car. I was in Austin yesterday working at my restaurant. It was impossibly my car. I have not been to MPower in over a month.
I was not talking to you in that post I was talking to Chirs sorry for the confusion.

Why would he charge me? He is the one who installed the headers and left the exhaust leak in the first place. If it was his mistake, should he not fix it?

He installed the headers really quickly and left a leak. It is definitely his obligation to fix it. If he had charged me, I would have been out of there.
And I was just stating it that he did do the right thing by fixing it for free! That is why I am saying I am 100% sure he will work with you! I was trying to help but it seems that you have it figured out. Best of luck to you!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Sorry, I do appreciate the help. As I am trying to get feedback from past customers, as well as some different perspectives. Didn't mean to come off cocky. I am far from. Thank you to anyone who has helped out thus far. I welcome all the help that I can.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry, I do appreciate the help. As I am trying to get feedback from past customers, as well as some different perspectives. Didn't mean to come off cocky. I am far from. Thank you to anyone who has helped out thus far. I welcome all the help that I can.
No problem, I've done business with them several times and I know he will help you out. Let us know how it goes.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
want E55
I'm gonna have to agree with aghakauve on this.. Ted is a more than reasonable guy, very friendly, honest, and helpful. It doesn't seem like MPower at all.. Ive had all kinds of work done with him n no issues at all. They have done emaculate work and their customer service is always on point. That being said I know mistakes can happen n I understand ur frustration.. Ur car like mine is probably ur pride n joy. Take a few deep breaths n give Ted a call n see how u can come to a resolution to get ur car running like top again! Shoot me a call if u need some assistance man. I'm confident that they'll help u out, n try n get this all sorted for u. 832 seven six eight 5 zero 33
Old 05-22-2012, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by jukebox
I'm gonna have to agree with aghakauve on this.. Ted is a more than reasonable guy, very friendly, honest, and helpful. It doesn't seem like MPower at all.. Ive had all kinds of work done with him n no issues at all. They have done emaculate work and their customer service is always on point. That being said I know mistakes can happen n I understand ur frustration.. Ur car like mine is probably ur pride n joy. Take a few deep breaths n give Ted a call n see how u can come to a resolution to get ur car running like top again! Shoot me a call if u need some assistance man. I'm confident that they'll help u out, n try n get this all sorted for u. 832 seven six eight 5 zero 33
Interesting that this was your first post. You are no doubt connected to MPower. Ted and I will try to come to an understanding. But, it's hard to look over the fact that my car was there three times, and three times it came back to me with issues. I do completely understand human error, but 3? Wow!!