New C63C Owner in NYC and to tuning!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63C AMG
New C63C Owner in NYC and to tuning!

Hi everybody,

I've been reading this forum for some time while waiting for my new 2012 C63 Coupe!! I'm upgrading from a 07 335i so I'm super excited to begin a new chapter of my life (attending law school in august) with an absolute beast. I have a few questions regarding modding the exhaust and how it affects the warranty of the car.

1. I'm looking to do a resonator delete and a secondary cat delete with replacing with a x-pipe (i'm not sure if this is right but from what I've read this is the route most c63 owners go?). Will this mod void the warranty from the dealership?

2. Also, my first tune will most likely be a ECU Tune with Eurocharged with their flash programmer. Will the dealership detect the tune on the ECU? I know you can flash back the ECU to stock but I just want to make sure. I really don't want to have the warranty voided.

Thanks everybody and I can't wait to start driving. I'm picking it up tomorrow!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:56 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by C63Hova
Hi everybody,

I've been reading this forum for some time while waiting for my new 2012 C63 Coupe!! I'm upgrading from a 07 335i so I'm super excited to begin a new chapter of my life (attending law school in august) with an absolute beast. I have a few questions regarding modding the exhaust and how it affects the warranty of the car.

1. I'm looking to do a resonator delete and a secondary cat delete with replacing with a x-pipe (i'm not sure if this is right but from what I've read this is the route most c63 owners go?). Will this mod void the warranty from the dealership?

2. Also, my first tune will most likely be a ECU Tune with Eurocharged with their flash programmer. Will the dealership detect the tune on the ECU? I know you can flash back the ECU to stock but I just want to make sure. I really don't want to have the warranty voided.

Thanks everybody and I can't wait to start driving. I'm picking it up tomorrow!
It technically could void your exhaust warranty, but you would need a strict dealer to pick up on that etc.

Nope, you can flash it back to stock and they will never know! Also, the tune opens the throttle body more on the car and it actually sounds like you have had exhaust work done!

Old 05-30-2012, 12:32 PM

sl550
where are you in NYC? I have a 2012 c63 coupe with performance package in the city. I guess I won't be the only one riding around with one (ha!)
Old 05-30-2012, 03:18 PM

2012 C63C AMG
Originally Posted by bigsl550fan
where are you in NYC? I have a 2012 c63 coupe with performance package in the city. I guess I won't be the only one riding around with one (ha!)
Im in queens but i work around lower east side/soho. Ive never seen a c63 coupe yet in the city! Ill be in the black one avoiding every little bump and pothole in the city