C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Got Pulled Over!

Old 06-02-2012, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Got Pulled Over!

So tonight I was driving back to Waterloo and I was going 100km/h on cruise on the 407 HWY (Speed limit is 100km/h and its a toll rd)... why you ask? Well I was trying to beat my fuel economy from last week - https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...linders-o.html . Anyways it was getting dark out an there was a black unmarked police car with the laser gun out. Well as I passed the officer stared and then pulled out with the lights on. Having 12" numbered racing stickers on the side of the car might have brought attention!!! LOL I pulled over and when the officer asked what the stickers were for I said it was for the track tomorrow. Then the officer asked where my "Detector" was and proceeded to inspect the car. I don't have a detector in my car which I mentioned but the officer said that I was clearly speeding from out of range. (I was in the right lane going 100 the whole time hahaha) At this point I asked for the officer's badge number and that really didn't sit well. Another officer in an SUV drove up and just sat there -didnt come out. Finally I was allowed to leave without any consequences.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
LOL. That kind of things only happen to you ! Detectors are illegal in ontario ? How about jammers ?
Old 06-02-2012, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
The officer had nothing on you. Thats why he let you go lol. He probably heard you from a distance and was thinking ok we got a live one here.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by - Guilty -
LOL. That kind of things only happen to you ! Detectors are illegal in ontario ? How about jammers ?
HAHA yah it seems that way! Detectors are definitely illegal! -I think its a $300 ticket and 3 points if you get caught with one. I would assume jammers are illegal too.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Get Laser Interceptor dude, it's invisible, they won't see it, have the sensors installed in your grille., and when you get shot with a lidar gun, it will tell you so you can shut it down and slow down. (the cops will get your fake speed). If he pulls you over anyway, he's not gonna know what to look for, and even if he finds the sensors on your grille, you tell him it's a parking aid system. When you start the car, the jammer speakers says : Parking Aid System Enabled or something like that, you can show him lol

It won't protect you from regular radars though..but it only costs $500 !
Old 06-02-2012, 11:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, GLC63S
Glad to hear you got off, funny story
Old 06-03-2012, 12:31 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Get Laser Interceptor dude, it's invisible, they won't see it, have the sensors installed in your grille., and when you get shot with a lidar gun, it will tell you so you can shut it down and slow down. (the cops will get your fake speed). If he pulls you over anyway, he's not gonna know what to look for, and even if he finds the sensors on your grille, you tell him it's a parking aid system. When you start the car, the jammer speakers says : Parking Aid System Enabled or something like that, you can show him lol

It won't protect you from regular radars though..but it only costs $500 !
something I definitely need. My radar doesn't do much in nyc as most of the cops are unmarked cars. No places to really post up and point.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
I thought the police could not LEGALLY search your car without probable cause. If they see drugs, weapons, etc. through the window, the law grants them rights to ask you leave the car for a search. But if obviously there's nothing in plain sight that could have triggered the alarm, I doubt they could do the search legally. But hey, with that said the cops always get away with these kind of behavior by using scaring tactics. What do I know!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:42 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,350 Likes on 2,806 Posts
2012 CLS63
clearly speeding from out of range.

I think this assumption he made saved your butt

if you're out of range, how can ANYTHING be clear?
see what I mean?
Old 06-03-2012, 09:36 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Show him your fuel consumption lol!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:49 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by balthaser
I thought the police could not LEGALLY search your car without probable cause. If they see drugs, weapons, etc. through the window, the law grants them rights to ask you leave the car for a search. But if obviously there's nothing in plain sight that could have triggered the alarm, I doubt they could do the search legally. But hey, with that said the cops always get away with these kind of behavior by using scaring tactics. What do I know!
He said INSPECT not SEARCH.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
They are asking to search. Not sure about Canada, but in the US, you have the right to refuse, but they also have the right to detain you while they obtain search warrants if they have probable cause. At the same time, even if you have nothing to hide, it is still a violation of your right to privacy.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:01 PM

2010 C63
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
So tonight I was driving back to Waterloo and I was going 100km/h on cruise on the 407 HWY (Speed limit is 100km/h and its a toll rd)... why you ask? Well I was trying to beat my fuel economy from last week - https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...linders-o.html . Anyways it was getting dark out an there was a black unmarked police car with the laser gun out. Well as I passed the officer stared and then pulled out with the lights on. Having 12" numbered racing stickers on the side of the car might have brought attention!!! LOL I pulled over and when the officer asked what the stickers were for I said it was for the track tomorrow. Then the officer asked where my "Detector" was and proceeded to inspect the car. I don't have a detector in my car which I mentioned but the officer said that I was clearly speeding from out of range. (I was in the right lane going 100 the whole time hahaha) At this point I asked for the officer's badge number and that really didn't sit well. Another officer in an SUV drove up and just sat there -didnt come out. Finally I was allowed to leave without any consequences.
I had something similar happen to me a few weeks ago when I was coming home at around 1:00 am had the wife and kids in the car and I get pulled over and when I asked the cop what I was getting pulled over for he replied that they got a call for street racing and that my car fit the profile....
I was pissed so after exchanging some words I told him, listen here buddy my rims are worth more than you make in a year, so if your not done harassing me and my family let me know so I can get my lawyer on the phone with your boss...lol...he wasn't happy, and after making me wait in the car for about 30 min he let me go.....
Old 06-03-2012, 12:03 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
They are asking to search. Not sure about Canada, but in the US, you have the right to refuse, but they also have the right to detain you while they obtain search warrants if they have probable cause. At the same time, even if you have nothing to hide, it is still a violation of your right to privacy.
Please tell me where the word "search" is located in the original post. He never said they searched. He said they inspected, two different things....
Old 06-03-2012, 12:04 PM

2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
"Clearly speeding from out of range."

This is why people need dash cams. The cop may be dumb enough to say this (Don't get me wrong I have the highest level of respect for what they do but they really aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer). But a judge would have a FIELD DAY with a quote like that.

I can picture it now.

Judge Hardass: "Officer, you state the reason for the stop was that the driver was clearly speeding but was out of range of any speed measurement device when he did so?"

P.O. Liesalot: "Yes, your Honor."

"Officer, would you mind explaining to me how this was made CLEAR to you?"

"I uh.. well.. I.. You see the car had racing numbers on it"

"And this is an indicator of speed?"

"Well, I.. the decibel level of the exhaust... mumble mumble"

"No reasonable suspicion to stop the vehicle, ticket dismissed. Thank you."

*Swings gavel*
Old 06-03-2012, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Search and inspect amount to the same thing....
Old 06-03-2012, 12:29 PM

2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
Originally Posted by crazy1469
I had something similar happen to me a few weeks ago when I was coming home at around 1:00 am had the wife and kids in the car and I get pulled over and when I asked the cop what I was getting pulled over for he replied that they got a call for street racing and that my car fit the profile....
I was pissed so after exchanging some words I told him, listen here buddy my rims are worth more than you make in a year, so if your not done harassing me and my family let me know so I can get my lawyer on the phone with your boss...lol...he wasn't happy, and after making me wait in the car for about 30 min he let me go.....
Pissed because you were stopped by a man doing his job? Pissed because he made you wait 30 minutes after you flat out disrespected him? Even if he was being overly aggressive or a douchebag, does it fix anything to stoop to his level? And worst of all, you let your kids hear you degrade another person like that... over MONEY?

It's upsetting when you see people make a little money for themselves and use it as a way to insult someone else. Straight hatin'.

"Yeah, they makin money... workin on waaalll street. But in they mouth, is where the ***** meet." - Eric Kelly, trainer, Church St. Boxing.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:32 PM

2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
Originally Posted by balthaser
He's in Canada. Make sure not to apply our constitution to other countries. Honestly, I'm not sure what the po po are entitled to do in the GWN.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:32 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,350 Likes on 2,806 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by dcjwlee
"Clearly speeding from out of range."

This is why people need dash cams. The cop may be dumb enough to say this (Don't get me wrong I have the highest level of respect for what they do but they really aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer). But a judge would have a FIELD DAY with a quote like that.

I can picture it now.

Judge Hardass: "Officer, you state the reason for the stop was that the driver was clearly speeding but was out of range of any speed measurement device when he did so?"

P.O. Liesalot: "Yes, your Honor."

"Officer, would you mind explaining to me how this was made CLEAR to you?"

"I uh.. well.. I.. You see the car had racing numbers on it"

"And this is an indicator of speed?"

"Well, I.. the decibel level of the exhaust... mumble mumble"

"No reasonable suspicion to stop the vehicle, ticket dismissed. Thank you."

*Swings gavel*

a more detailed comment than mine, but same sentiment
Old 06-03-2012, 12:37 PM

I have a simple rule: I'm pleasant, smile, but say little to nothing. It's none of your business where I"m coming from, where I'm going or why I have numbers on my doors.

Officer: "Why are there numbers on your door?"
Me: "What seems to be the problem officer?"

Zero reason to answer the question.

Pull me over, tell me why and do what you're going to do. I feel zero compulsion discuss the situation with the officers. He's not the judge.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:38 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dcjwlee
Pissed because you were stopped by a man doing his job? Pissed because he made you wait 30 minutes after you flat out disrespected him? Even if he was being overly aggressive or a douchebag, does it fix anything to stoop to his level? And worst of all, you let your kids hear you degrade another person like that... over MONEY?

It's upsetting when you see people make a little money for themselves and use it as a way to insult someone else. Straight hatin'.

"Yeah, they makin money... workin on waaalll street. But in they mouth, is where the ***** meet." - Eric Kelly, trainer, Church St. Boxing.
+1 your rims cost more than his salary? I doubt it, douche.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:40 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
Search and inspect amount to the same thing....
Nope, not in the US atleast. I guess the original poster is the only one that can say if they "searched" his car.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:47 PM

http://ccla.org/wordpress/wp-content...s-Booklet1.pdf
Old 06-03-2012, 01:00 PM

C63 AMG
Looks very similar to the US.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 63'd
Nope, not in the US atleast. I guess the original poster is the only one that can say if they "searched" his car.
HAHA calm down guys! Im not mad at all! I really had no where to be which is why I wanted to get good fuel economy in the first place (nothing like saving a few $ jks -I spend over $150 a week in gas) I thought it was pretty hilarious that they would be so stupid to go after a young male in a nice car which just growls even though I was obeying the law more than the people going 130 in the left lane! As far as inspected vs. search the officer poked inside the window looked around walked around the car bent underneath the front. I wanted to take a picture but I thought oh **** what would happen to me if they saw!

Last edited by VaclavSV; 06-03-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over!