C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Canadian Lease Return Experience

Old 06-15-2012, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Canadian Lease Return Experience

Hey guys my lease is almost up on the C63 and is not sure about how strict MB Vancouver is on the lease return. So couple questions for you guys who have leased with MB Canada

1. How much tread must be left on the tires and whether they have to be exactly the same oem size and brand as the original.
2.How strict they are over interior condition (I have the cream interior which tend to get dirty easily)
3.I am also wondering how picky they are over small flaws such as dings and dents and small crack under front bumper.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
They send you a little lease return booklet in the mail that answers all your questions. I'll try to answer them from memory, it's been a while since I've done a lease return.

1. There's a minimum depth, a little more than the wearbars.
2. Not strict at all. It can be dirty, they don't care. It's the rips in the leather that they worry about. But see #3.
3. There's a credit card sized card that comes in the booklet, with a huge section dedicated on what's acceptable or what's not. Generally, if the flaw can be covered by the card, you're good to go. Exception is the windshield, no cracks allowed, and there are some chips that are allowed if they haven't grown into a star.

My last lease return was a SLK32 AMG in almost pristine condition (well looks anyways, the car was rear ended twice sitting at the lights). I fixed all the flaws with the car before I got the booklet, so I wasted $1k. The dealer asked if I even drove the car lol.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:55 PM

2012 MB C63 Coupe
For what it's worth, we just recently returned an S550. The car had obvious signs of wear; multiple door dings, a few scrapes on the side skirts and front fascia, few scuffs near the trunk/bumper area, etc. Tires were right around 40-50%, brakes were around the same. Interior had a few light scratches on the trims, moderate side bolster wear...the interior certainly reflected a DD car with 90,000km on it. On top of that, the car was in a relatively major accident, which was fully repaired, and as well fully disclosed.

With all that said, we had zero issues returning the vehicle.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Good thread,

I'm on a 4 yr lease with my wifes GLK... the usually DD dings and scuff marks are present. I bought that 1k option for issues so I'm not worried.

however, I noticed in another thread here talking about warranty that the new car warranty is 4yr and 80k kms.. but i took out a 4 yr lease @24k kms per year.... does that mean I am leasing the car but have no warranty for the 80k to 96k kms I'll be driving?

sorry for going a bit off topic
Old 06-15-2012, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
I believe the tires need to be a minimum of 4/32nds. The sizes have to match what's written in the door jam, as for the brand of the tires, this doesn't matter as long as they are in pairs. Your two front tires should match and your two rear tires should match. As for the dings etc as long as they're small they won't care. They also charge for damaged wheels, any rock chips etc.

Last edited by ssonss1; 06-15-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
#1 question: Will you be getting another leased car from them? If yes then they wont care much unless the car is wrecked.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by propain
#1 question: Will you be getting another leased car from them? If yes then they wont care much unless the car is wrecked.
this is very true. if you repeat, they are much much more lenient.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:07 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
MBvancouver is a lot more strict now. They check for under the front bumper damage.

Tires are another thing they are **** about. Doesn't have to be OEM but if you replace it with brands like HANKOOK they won't like it and charge you money. It also has to be performance tires that it came with.

Cheers