C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Steering wheel wiring diagram

Old 06-15-2012, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Steering wheel wiring diagram

Does anyone have the steering wheel wiring diagram for both a pre-facelift and facelift C63?

I got a new facelift steering wheel but when I installed it the buttons,paddles and horn all do not work. As far as I know,if the steering column is the same the wheel should be plug and play except the lights.

Also, I realized that the brown connector has 5 pins on the new steering wheel whereas the old one(and steering column) has 3.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W205 C63S E.1
any update on your issue?

I got the same problem.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:01 PM

C63
Turns out the seller sent me a wrong wheel. I have since got a replacement wheel and it works fine now. I also swapped the column at the same time so everything is working great now. The steering column even came with a speed limiter on the cruise control stalk.

Anyway, the wheel I initially received was for a W231, W212, W207, W172, C218, X166 and W166 with vibration option.

Is your horn working?

If you can check the part number of the contact plate on your steering wheel, I will be able to help you out more.
You should have A 2184640117.

In order to access the contact plate, you will first have to remove the silver coloured plate. You will have to remove 3 silver torx bolts. I think it's T20. Can't remember. There's also another black torx bolt that is located in the middle. Once you remove the silver plate, you will be able to see the black contact plate beneath.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Why would you need a speed limiter on your cruise control stalk? And what is a "vibration option?" Sounds kinda dirty
Old 08-04-2012, 07:21 PM

C63
Haha..now that you say that, it does sound that way! I'm not sure about that myself. I think it will vibrate when the car senses that you're going out of lane.

As for the speed limiter I only found out its function today. Was wondering what it's for when I first got it. Maybe it's an Euro option. I got the steering column from Germany.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ms3008
Haha..now that you say that, it does sound that way! I'm not sure about that myself. I think it will vibrate when the car senses that you're going out of lane.
Isn't that what happens anyway? Like when you start hitting the road reflectors? Seems redundant, unless your roads don't have them. What about when the roads are super wet and reflective so that you can't even see the lines in the road? I wonder how the car registers that.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:10 AM

W205 C63S E.1
Turns out the seller sent me a wrong wheel. I have since got a replacement wheel and it works fine now. I also swapped the column at the same time so everything is working great now.
Everything including the shifting paddles?

Is your horn working?

If you can check the part number of the contact plate on your steering wheel, I will be able to help you out more. [/FONT][/COLOR]You should have A 2184640117.

In order to access the contact plate, you will first have to remove the silver coloured plate. You will have to remove 3 silver torx bolts. I think it's T20. Can't remember. There's also another black torx bolt that is located in the middle. Once you remove the silver plate, you will be able to see the black contact plate beneath.
I'll check that today and I'll let you know. Thank you man for the help
Old 08-05-2012, 04:55 AM

W205 C63S E.1
The horn is working when the key is in battery position & when the engine is running.

The part number will post it soon.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:33 PM

home the point

As for the speed limiter I only found out its function today. Was wondering what it's for when I first got it. Maybe it's an Euro option. I got the steering column from Germany.
Did you get the column from a website? Care to share? Also how much? I'm fine without the lights if it's too expensive. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:57 PM

C63
Originally Posted by cptdaz
Did you get the column from a website? Care to share? Also how much? I'm fine without the lights if it's too expensive. Thanks!
I got it from ebay.de. I think I got it for Euros 150 + 45 shipping shipped. I wanted it to be shipped via express so maybe shipping would have been a little cheaper. I still have the seller's details but he does not have any active listings now. PM me if you want it.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:03 PM

W205 C63S E.1
An update regarding my paddle issue:

I went to DCT motorsports and Ivan gave me a big help and sort this issue out

While examining my paddles and the other working paddles that DCT motorsport have, we found that my paddles (in Carbon Fiber) have different part number than the working one. CF paddles were the type for 2008-2011 steering wheels, so it has different wire termination than the paddles (silver) for 2012 steering wheel. The paddles has two cables (yellow and black), and the difference between the two models was they were in opposite side.
So we flipped the termination (black to yellow, and yellow to black), and it worked perfectly (what it's in the photo is the right termination).

Long story short, if the paddles were from the older model (2008-2011) and will be connected to 2012 steering wheel, the termination of the paddles cable need to be changed/flipped.

Big thanx to Ivan from DCT motorsports for his talent and help.