New Guy looking for some advice.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Amg & Ford F150
New Guy looking for some advice.

Hello veteran c63 amg owners,
Just bought my first Benz after being an avid s4 owner forever, I must have been jaded for those years because this car is a blast to drive. Anyway I live in Boston the city of terrible streets and my girlfriend frequently takes the car and while her driving is fine she did have a minor slip up my previous s4 that had a pair of 19 inch iforged that fell victim to her not avoiding a pot hole so I'm a bit worried to have another $1,600 accident. My question is will I be able to fit a 19 inch rim with a good amount of rubber or just stick with the stock 18x9 et 54 and 18x8 et 45 setup and find aftermarket wheels to fit that size. If there are any guys running aftermarket 18 inch rims can I see some pictures?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 Tread Mill
I just put some 19's on as well. I'm using 235 on the front and 265 on the back.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:04 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Check out the aftermarket wheel thread to look for different wheel options and configurations.

IMHO, if you're going to spend on new wheels might as well upgrade to 19 inch rims. Unfortunately, the larger the rim, means you'll have to compensate by decreasing the height of the wheel. Most everyone with 19" rims go with 35 series tires in the front, and 30 series tire in the rear to keep the diameter similar to stock. As they say, " you have to pay to play"

1. Avoid potholes at all costs! Map your route if you have to.
2. Increase tire pressure to absorb bumps better. Decreases ride comfort.
3. Have a hear to heart talk with your significant other on how important/expensive it is to avoid potholes and wrecking your wheels.

Otherwise, stick with 18" rims. Stock wheels look great anyway. 18 inch rubber is also cheaper to replace.