C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Non-working driver's seat after 9500ci install?

Old 07-07-2012, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG coupe, 2010 Infiniti G37x
Non-working driver's seat after 9500ci install?

Hey I wanted to know if anyone has some advice on this.
I have a c63 amg coupe 2012. I recently had a passport 9500ci installed by a passport authorized installer (they are also a mid city engineering authorized installer) and they did a good clean job.
However, the second day the driver's power seat contols stopped working. Passenger still works as well as all other electrical. The problem is that right now the seat is set in my gf's position so I can't even drive the car lol!
The seat controls did work when we picked up the car, so I'm thinking it's a blown fuse caused by a short due to install?
Is the seat on its own fuse or are other components connected as well?
If anyone has done a 9500ci install, where is the most likely place where a short could have been created?

Obviously I'm gonna take it back to the place that installed it, but I can't get back there till next Friday b/c they're not open on weekends.
So any advice would be appreciated since I would like to fix the problem myself it's possible

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2012, 05:18 PM

'12 C63,
I don't know where the fuse is but I would just look at all the fuses see if one is blown I would also look under the seat and make sure the wiring looks good
Old 07-07-2012, 07:42 PM

2012 C63 AMG coupe, 2010 Infiniti G37x
Originally Posted by ArrogantZ
I don't know where the fuse is but I would just look at all the fuses see if one is blown I would also look under the seat and make sure the wiring looks good
Hmm I played around with the fuses (there are about 5 fuses for seat control and they are in the trunk) and none of them were blown. However, right after I did that I re-checked the seat and it started working again. I am thinking it may be possible they just didn't replace the fuse properly when they did the install. We'll see if the problem is solved, thanks for the advice!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Check the seat connector under the seat? Just a thought.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Originally Posted by coolraz
Hmm I played around with the fuses (there are about 5 fuses for seat control and they are in the trunk) and none of them were blown. However, right after I did that I re-checked the seat and it started working again. I am thinking it may be possible they just didn't replace the fuse properly when they did the install. We'll see if the problem is solved, thanks for the advice!
I had a similar thing happen in our R Class. The command system stopped working. I checked the fuses by removing them and putting them back when they all passed a continuity test. Re-seating the fuses seemed to reestablish their connection in the fuse holder slot. The fuses must get a little corrosion on them that breaks the connection. The problem never re-surfaced.