C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

CEL came on today after 2,500km

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 AMG SLS, K&N Air Filter, Cargraphic Exhaust, Klassen M51R Wheels
CEL came on today after 2,500km

I have been using octane booster everytime when I fill up the tank, and the car has been running perfectly until today.

I was cruising around an average speed of 110km for around an hour, just few minutes before reaching the toll booth the CEL came on. At that time the car was stilll running normal until when I stopped at the toll booth, then the engine became to shake or rock like one or two cylinders were dead. I then quickly pulled the car aside and switched off the engine, after 10 minutes later I restarted it and the shake got worst. I switched it off immediately and waited over 2 hours to get it toll away for a check up.

After another 30 minutes on the tow truck, it finally reached the MB service center and then I restarted the car again, this time it was back to normal again but the CEL was still on. I will need to wait till tomorrow and find out the problem.

In the mean time does anyone have an idea of what's going on? Maybe I have overdosed the fule tank with octane booster and that's why causing this problem.

Your input would be much appreciated thx.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
too much enhancer. enough with the 'roids...