How to secure grill?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
How to secure grill?

I was driving behind some guy the other day and he kicked up a piece of tire that I couldn't dodge in time.. Upon initial inspection, everything looked okay.. But a day or two later I saw the grill was like pushed it into the car. I was able to kind of get it back into place, nothing appears broken.. All the tabs were okay but it's not sitting flush anymore, and its a little bit loose.

It's hard to get around to the back of it to push the tabs in. i was basically pulling from the front to get it back on.

Any ideas? Is there a way to remove the cover on the inside so i can push it from there? I know the middle unscrews, but I can't seem to pull the sides off and I don't want to force it off if it's secured by something..

P.S. I guess now is a good a time as any to buy some plastidip to see how it looks black.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:27 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
C63
i also had a similar issue so i'm curious to see if there's a fix to this.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
You can remove the intake air flow panel without any tools. Remove the plastic fastener in the centre of the panel. Push back on the air intake tubes untill they are free of the panel and then pull them forward and off. Unhitch the wire for the hood release and coolant tubing from the clips on the rear of the panel. There are two holes in the panel where the hood supports rest. There is a clip at the front of each of these. Push down on the panel at the recess in front of these holes and you should be able to free the clips and pull the panel forward slightly to release. Now there are two clips at the rear of the directly behind the front locations and at the front of the clips that hold the hood release cables. You should now be able to tilt the panel up from the front enough to get the rear clips to unhook and lift the panel up and out. You will then be able to get your hand behind the grill to set the tabs at the bottom of the grill back into place.

GL
Old 07-18-2012, 08:58 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Best tutorial I found. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...hE47qLtrqRWHUA

It was made by a member in the w204 forums. In the beginning he goes over removing the panel and grill.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63AMG, NIssan NX2000, Pontiac Fiero GT
You don't need a debris hit to dislodge the grill. I accidentally did it while washing the the grill with a SPONGE. Very anemic setup. While loose it can also rattle at startup and sounds like dry lifters. Hardly MB attaboy.