Were you able to spec edition 1 cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Were you able to spec edition 1 cars?

I just saw an edition 1 sedan with performance package. I thought edition 1 sedans dont have performance package? this is hte first and only one I've seen. Were you allowed to spec the edition 1s? I thought they had a set spec.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

http://www.benzblogger.com/2011/08/2...announced.html

and why is that dealer asking 81k for a used c63 lol
Old 07-17-2012, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
I thought only the edition 1 coupes came with perf package!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Havent seen that before - looks like it has a CF spoiler and red calipers, but not the alcantara wheel, instead it has the E1 wheel. Interesting...find it hard to believe someone would take the time to swap out the spoiler and paint the calipers, but you never know.

On another note, that price is absurd!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Havent seen that before - looks like it has a CF spoiler and red calipers, but not the alcantara wheel, instead it has the E1 wheel. Interesting...find it hard to believe someone would take the time to swap out the spoiler and paint the calipers, but you never know.

On another note, that price is absurd!!!
it has everything a PP has, even the engine has the darker paint on the manifold, and its def an edition 1! (seats, steering wheel, paint)

also, in the description, the dealer says this car has LSD. IRCC all edition 1 cars did not come with LSD (remember someone complaining about his PP edition 1 coupe not having lsd standard/wasnt an option)
Old 07-17-2012, 03:53 PM

2003 SL55
Why not show a picture of the edition1 label on the dashboard? Also what is the difference in the engine manifold? A non-E1 C63 has a lighter color to it?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:56 PM

2003 SL55
Whoa! Another Edition1 sedan for sale!
This one is a bit more reasonably priced though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...item4d03285c50
Old 07-17-2012, 04:00 PM

2003 SL55
Hmmm interesting pictures of the two engine bays. Notice the difference:

Old 07-17-2012, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by brooklync63
Why not show a picture of the edition1 label on the dashboard? Also what is the difference in the engine manifold? A non-E1 C63 has a lighter color to it?
no, the non performance package has a lighter colored intake manifold. this one def has the PP engine as it has the darker manifold
Old 07-17-2012, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The difference has to do with how much stock horsepower is under the hood! P31 cars with 487hp from the factory have the darker cover... mine has the titanium coloured cover instead of the silver because of the performance package.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 Audi TT RS, 2020 BMW X3M Competition
I saw that car or another edition 1 sedan with dev pack at a parking lot in DC a few months back. Looked fantastic! They are idiots on price....should be in the upper 60s.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No performance package...http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...se&&aff=criteo
Old 07-18-2012, 07:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
Yeah most edition one sedans don't have pp. I looked at 2, nearly got one but didn't want matte paint. they didn't have PP either and I thought all edition one sedans were speced the same.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Fiat Abarth
well, lemme shed some light on this. I picked up one of the very first 2012 C63's, and it happened to be the sedan edition1. Only thing i would have wanted to change was having PP. I asked my sales guy, and old man that knows nothing about his job obviously, whether i would be able to change a car or not, and he said absolutely not, these are "special cars that mercedes want to release in this shape and form".
to my surprise, 4-5 months ago, im driving to the gym, and as i usually do, stare at the AMG performance center at the dealership, only to find a Magno grey C63 sedan alot like mine (especially after i installed the carbon spoiler). so i drop by the dealership when i leave the gym, only to find that this has been a modified edition1, with carbon fiber interior, PP, and LSD which i also dont have. I go and grab the sales guy and ask him what the deal was, he said that they modified an order, not knowing it was the edition1 and this is what they received. they sold the car for around 80K to a lady <-- what a waste of car. oh and if you were visualizing a hot young blonde that has been to multiple track days and has raced go karts before she could walk, think again .. it was a mid 50's chubby southerner that barely fit in the seat (so ive been told). i hate it when people become rich all of sudden and want the best of a certain class of cars ?? does not make sense, that does not show wealth, shows that your nouveau riche is what i does. a fully loaded E550 coupe would have been a more suitable car, not a 6.2 liter with PP and limited slip diff .. ?? wtf
Old 07-18-2012, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^LOL ... There are a few asians in my area whose parents bought them AMGs because of the reason they are the most expensive car in the class. You wouldnt believe the look on my face when I saw a little asian girl barely weighing 75 pounds spin her C63 making a left turn! Yes she spun it into the median! I couldnt take a picture as I was driving and my iphone was conected in the center console. She would have been better off on a bicycle... Im pretty sure she bent the rims!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by c63edition1
well, lemme shed some light on this. I picked up one of the very first 2012 C63's, and it happened to be the sedan edition1. Only thing i would have wanted to change was having PP. I asked my sales guy, and old man that knows nothing about his job obviously, whether i would be able to change a car or not, and he said absolutely not, these are "special cars that mercedes want to release in this shape and form".
to my surprise, 4-5 months ago, im driving to the gym, and as i usually do, stare at the AMG performance center at the dealership, only to find a Magno grey C63 sedan alot like mine (especially after i installed the carbon spoiler). so i drop by the dealership when i leave the gym, only to find that this has been a modified edition1, with carbon fiber interior, PP, and LSD which i also dont have. I go and grab the sales guy and ask him what the deal was, he said that they modified an order, not knowing it was the edition1 and this is what they received. they sold the car for around 80K to a lady <-- what a waste of car. oh and if you were visualizing a hot young blonde that has been to multiple track days and has raced go karts before she could walk, think again .. it was a mid 50's chubby southerner that barely fit in the seat (so ive been told). i hate it when people become rich all of sudden and want the best of a certain class of cars ?? does not make sense, that does not show wealth, shows that your nouveau riche is what i does. a fully loaded E550 coupe would have been a more suitable car, not a 6.2 liter with PP and limited slip diff .. ?? wtf
what!?? so this is a special version ordered by the dealer? is it the only one like this then!?

its probably the same one you saw, since its from around that area.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:07 PM

2013 Fiat Abarth
^LOL ... There are a few asians in my area whose parents bought them AMGs because of the reason they are the most expensive car in the class. You wouldnt believe the look on my face when I saw a little asian girl barely weighing 75 pounds spin her C63 making a left turn! Yes she spun it into the median! I couldnt take a picture as I was driving and my iphone was conected in the center console. She would have been better off on a bicycle... Im pretty sure she bent the rims!
would have killed to see this, no joke! (takes her car to the dealership) i not sure waaay baat maa car turrn arooundd too faasst

natman that's not exactly what i meant, i was just tryna make fun of my stupid sales guy, but apparently any order could be modified if you catch it at the right time. my dealership receives cars they "didn't know were coming" on regular bases. this probably is the same one, but the same treatment could be done to others.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:23 PM

2013 Fiat Abarth
while we're on the topic of edition1 sedan, my dad who works in dubai sends me a link to this

http://www.autotraderuae.com/index.p...e&car_id=69690

thats almost 90k for my car, guess where im gonna sell mine now ?? :P
Old 07-18-2012, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
Originally Posted by c63edition1
I hate to flame, but I gotta say....what a judgmental a-hole thing to say. So because this person is a) a woman and b) maybe or maybe not overweight, she doesnt "deserve" this car?

So if this "chubby southern lady" takes her C63 to the track every other weekend, or modifies it, or does something else that in your eyes is "acceptable" does that make her "worthy" of the car? You hate it "when people become rich and want the best?" - are you for real? Is this a joke?

Sorry hate to go off topic but that negativity and prejudice has no place here.

Last edited by rory breaker; 07-18-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:55 PM

2013 Fiat Abarth
negativity and prejudice has all the place on the internet, id smile and act friendly when i see this lady, but yes thats how i feel, im sorry you dont share the same feeling, but we are all different on this earth.

and thanks for the sarcasm, in terms of taking it to the track and whatnot, but thats not what i meant, i meant that this car is not suitable for her, an 80k E coupe would be more suitable as i specified, same price but better message.

digest what i said how you like bud! best of luck to u !!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
It is amazing to me how you have never met this person, yet you know what is "more suitable" for them. In fact, everything you have written pretty much blows my mind ("negativity and prejudice are rampant on the internet" so it's OK!)

I dont mean to force my opinions on you, was just hoping you would see it yourself and adjust course accordingly, not for your benefit but for those around you. But hey, maybe Im the one who has it wrong, and I mean that wholeheartedly. Good luck bud.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:07 PM

2013 Fiat Abarth
thanks for the advice

i consider myself a stellar person, treat people with utmost respect, if on a car blog i write about why i think a certain person may not make the best use of a certain car, thats acceptable to me, its in reference to the car and by no means trying to be an a-hole, im genuinely sorry you perceived this the wrong way. I'm not ranting about who i think should and shouldn't own a C63, why do i care if you have the money. That being said, your perspective would be more suitable if i wire a column writer in the new york times, FULLY understandable. This is specifically MBworld, the C63 AMG section, and was posting about a specific car that i happen to own.

catch my drift ??
Old 07-18-2012, 01:12 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204

I don't know where you're from but where I am from C63's and M3's are only driven by kids hahaha =P

Here C63's and M3's are the Honda Civics of Vancouver.

We have girls here owning Aventador's MP4's and every exotic you can think of that are in high school or just out of high school.

I have seen a SLR driven by a (by look wise 15 year old) with a learners sign on the back
Old 07-18-2012, 01:15 PM

2013 Fiat Abarth
^ :| .. so how do you justify that ?? :P
speaking of SLR, happened to be watching the kardashians (dont judge, really is addictive), and in that episode kim was driving kanye west's SLR. I dont care how she drives, ill take the 2 for next christmas :P both her and the car !!
Old 07-18-2012, 02:54 PM
b16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
Are these parents adopting? If so, I'm available! Maybe I just need to move to Vancouver to find a bad *** job that pays me enough to buy my kids Lambo's and Mclarens. Imagine what I could have for myself!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jeffield
I don't know where you're from but where I am from C63's and M3's are only driven by kids hahaha =P

Here C63's and M3's are the Honda Civics of Vancouver.

We have girls here owning Aventador's MP4's and every exotic you can think of that are in high school or just out of high school.

I have seen a SLR driven by a (by look wise 15 year old) with a learners sign on the back
Im only 21... (some would say kid lol) but I bought my car myself fronted all of the cash I saved up for years. I havent asked my parents for a dollar since I was 14 although they have paid for my school, so I consider myself fortunae to have had the opportunities... it didnt come without hard work though like most of the 'kids' we see driving these cars!

P.S. Insurance must be insane in Vancity...

Oh and my background is czech, so yes the asian kids do look at me weird when I pass by them while they're in their parents bought R8 or SLS. Probably thinking I have an asian girlfriend and its her car LOL

Last edited by VaclavSV; 07-18-2012 at 03:59 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Were you able to spec edition 1 cars?