C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Dammit - I drove one!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Dammit - I drove one!

Having just sold my CLS55, I've started the process of looking for my replacement car. I was set on a 997.1 GT3 but thought I should try the other marques in that price range.

Got offered a run in the C63 AMG Coupe and well, I am in love with it - mostly the sound it makes. Its everything in a V8 I want.

So now I've been browsing here looking at some of the beautiful cars you lads have and had a chat with my friend earlier who also turns out to be interested.

One point he made was that he wants something that makes more noise and also liked the idea of ease of lowering. We both have lowered M3's that get stuck everywhere and he was of the impression that the C has air susp. He's wrong though - right? One thing I loved about the CLS was my renntech mod.

Loads of questions likely to follow and feel free to convince this would be a good choice for me.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Stock C63 suspension is not air or adjustable.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:41 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
C63 + KW V3 = Wins.

Sheep
Old 08-06-2012, 03:02 AM

CLS63
How do the v3s compare handling and comfort wise, particularly compliance with bumpy/ pothole roads.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by bryce
Having just sold my CLS55, I've started the process of looking for my replacement car. I was set on a 997.1 GT3 but thought I should try the other marques in that price range.

Got offered a run in the C63 AMG Coupe and well, I am in love with it - mostly the sound it makes. Its everything in a V8 I want.

So now I've been browsing here looking at some of the beautiful cars you lads have and had a chat with my friend earlier who also turns out to be interested.

One point he made was that he wants something that makes more noise and also liked the idea of ease of lowering. We both have lowered M3's that get stuck everywhere and he was of the impression that the C has air susp. He's wrong though - right? One thing I loved about the CLS was my renntech mod.

Loads of questions likely to follow and feel free to convince this would be a good choice for me.

Thanks
You're screwed now. Two different cars for two different purposes. Hard to compare them. 997.1 a two door/seater (I have no idea why they bother even putting in the rear seats), usually a stick. Lots of mod parts out there and lots of it bolt DYI. You have to work it to make it accelerate like a C63 but will eat the C63 for lunch in the turns. If you need a real back seat, 4 doors, aren't a modaholic, and don't like shifting, the C63 is a better choice. Lowering is a C63 an exercise in compromize as their is no rear camber adjustment and you end up with too much negative camber for the street on a car that is notorious for eating rear tires.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:13 AM

CLS63
Oh I realise they are both enitrely different cars and more or less incomparible.

I just quite fancy one and a nice stop gap til the GT3s come down in price again.