C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Wondering if I need new tires or the car is adapting to the Eurocharged tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Wondering if I need new tires or the car is adapting to the Eurocharged tune

I was driving around town on Sunday with a friend doing about 20mph and the tires screeched up to 30mph. I stepped on the gas a little harder than normal and the tires screeched for about 10 feet or so up to 30mph.

I didn't think anything of it at first, but the Prius in front pulled over and let me pass. I thoguht it was weird, but then my friend told me he had pulled over because of me. I was a little embarrassed and felt like a bully at that point. I didn't mean to scare (or **** off) anyone and I never even went over the speed limit.

I usually only get to drive my car on the weekends so it may be the car finally adapting to the EC tune or I need new tires. My tires are only 3k miles now so I hope it is not that. I'll need to take a look at them next time I go for a drive.

As far as the tune goes, I had to reflash to factory when I brought my car in for service and have driven it about 8 times since then.

How long does it take the car to adapt or re-adapt to a tune? And, will I see a large power gain during/after adaptation.