Newbie alert

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG Sedan
Newbie alert

G'day Everyone,

I've had my 2009 C63 sedan for about year now, and joined shortly thereafter, but have resisted posting pics until I got my setup the way I wanted it.

Nor have I posted anything here, so of course, this is my first. Long story short:
  • Steel Gray
  • Smoked Headlamps & Taillamps
  • AMG logo - front windshield
  • XO "Miami" Wheels: 20x10.5 (R) and 20x8.5 (F) from http://www.xowheels.com/
  • Pirelli P-Zeros: 285/25ZR20 (R) and 235/30ZR 20 (F)
And that's about it, though I have - I know, crazy - considered some lowering springs. Then again, the AMG folks have already put it down 15mm, if I'm not mistaken, so maybe not.

Anyway, I'm in the Greater Fort Lauderdale, Florida area, and look forward to seeing some you South Florida cats one of these days, amongst others from wherever.

Nice to meet everyone, and I'll be posting some pics shortly..............probably on the picture thread as well as one requesting gray/black setups. Hope ya like what ya see.

Take care, and with all the insane power the nutbags in Affalterbach have provided us - I love it!! - please do not forget Road Rule #1:

Safety first; no tickets; keep 'er outta the damn ditch. Please.

He gone!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
To Newbie:

Welcome!

From,

Oldie
Old 08-09-2012, 02:08 PM

2009 C63 AMG Sedan
Thanks, oldie. Here's a quick look:
Attached Thumbnails Newbie alert-dscn0844.jpg  
Old 08-09-2012, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Looking good. What is the offset on those wheels and any rubbing?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Diamond White C63 Coupe
I live about 10 minutes from you, nice to see a fellow South FLer!

Car looks good man!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by Bo954
Thanks, oldie. Here's a quick look:
Very nice look. Love the contrast.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:58 AM

2009 C63 AMG Sedan
Thank you all.............'preciate the kind words.

Now, Sincity, I would have to refer you to XO Wheels/Good Roads (not really the same company, but more of business alliance...I think) to get that offset information.

But I'll try to speak to the installers - Dale's Wheels & Tires in FTL - to see what I can find out.

Otherwise, no rubbing whatsoever, neither brakes nor anything in the wheel well, which was part of the delay in finding a suitable wheel.

Was gonna go 19s with Vossen CV3s (virtually indentical) painted gloss black with the machined stripe left intact. But Vossen - no offense, Vossen - couldn't seem to get the fitment right around the brake package. I'd waited about 5-6 months, and quite frankly got tired of waiting for the engineers to get it right.

Thankfully someone had at a very economical prices. Translation: Coulda paid $4-5-6,000 and gotten some 2-3 piece, super high-end wheels sooner. But, the cats a Dale's specialize saving customers some cash, and with the half-decent stock wheels it was easy to be patient. The less you spend on wheels the more you have for other stuff is my policy.

And just in case you're wondering, the ride is just fine on those 25-series rears & 30 fronts. Then again, that's coming from someone that's - shall I say - "suspensionally" ignorant to what a bad ride feels like. I just can't tell. Feels great to me. Whatever, right?

Anyway, I'll see what I can find out re: offset. Kinda curious, as well.

OlegKouz,

That's cool!! Well, if you see me on the street, 'cause I do travel often between Miami Dade-Broward-Palm Beach Counties.............HOLLA!!

Stay alert, as with that discreet little AMG logo, you just might miss me.

Oh, and if there are any get-together you hear about, please let me know. Now that I've got my *&^% right, I'm ready to check out everyone else's great work in person.

Not that mine's all that hot, but we're all car guys that can appreciate a sweet setup.

Which leads me to my final shout-out..............take care.

PetroC63,

Thanks again. Of course that was my vision, however stolen from a last-gen M3 I saw one day a few years ago. In fact, I still love M3s and plan to get one eventually (no, not trading or givin up the 63; that would be ridiculous).

Another fact is that I was considering three M3s and one Lexus IS F available in S. FL at the same time.

BUT, being a huge DTM fan since living in Europe for about 4 years in the late 80s/early 90s, and getting a chance to check out the F1 & DTM scene in person - Hockenheim, Monza to name a couple - it was a no brainer.

That woulda been idiotic.

So, yes I stole the setup, but it clearly translates well to the AMG.

Not quite murdered-out, but kinda like manslaughtered. Or maybe 2nd degree murdered out?

Who knows. Just glad the matte blacks were outta stock. Gloss seems much more appropriate, as all my friends are telling me.

Everyone take it easy.

I'm out.