C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Pick a side...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:57 PM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
Pick a side...

Off topic, I know, but I expect there will be opinions on this one...

Old 08-09-2012, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
the cop was a punk for leaning into the car when the kid started to drive--he didn't tell the kid to not move or not drive away, until after he shoved his foot under the tire--d!ck head cop IMO.

He was just looking for trouble. The kid was douchey for trying to drive away with the cop standing there--the kid pushed it too far and got smacked Hopefully the cop has to pay for punching the door, that'll put a dent (no pun intended) in his pay check.

The rich kid will get a top notch lawyer and get off, the cop will sit home on workman's comp for a couple months drinking his Coronas--the way I see it, a big waste of taxpayers money.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
here's the full story.

http://jalopnik.com/5932561/acquaint...bnoxious-poser

The guy deserved it lol.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
In Toronto, it ain't a ticket until its in your windshield. The meter maid can't impede your vehicle just so that he can complete his ticket and hit his quota.

He saw the guy getting in the car and thought it was more important to issue his parking tax rather than letting vehicle go and restoring "traffic progress"

It doesn't matter who was driving the car
Old 08-09-2012, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
What kind of a tool tries to drive away when a cop is partially in front of the car writing a ticket. That is just asking for trouble. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by callmiro
In Toronto, it ain't a ticket until its in your windshield. The meter maid can't impede your vehicle just so that he can complete his ticket and hit his quota.

He saw the guy getting in the car and thought it was more important to issue his parking tax rather than letting vehicle go and restoring "traffic progress"

It doesn't matter who was driving the car
The point though is who in their right mind tries to drive away with a cop standing in front of their car? Whether the cop should have let him go or not, the guy was really dumb to do what he did. The cop might have been being a jerk (who knows) but the guy did something incredibly stupid regardless.

Last edited by gthal; 08-09-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by gthal
The point though is who in their right mind tries to drive away with a cop standing in front of their car? Whether the cop should have let him go or not, the guy was really dumb to do what he did. The cop might have been being a jerk (who knows) but the guy did something incredibly stupid regardless.
People drive away from meter maids all the time. The real stupidity is the meter maid sticking his foot under the tire

If you get in your car, the meter maid can't hold you to complete/issue the ticket. They are completely quota based
Old 08-09-2012, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 coupe
People drive away from meter maids all the time. The real stupidity is the meter maid sticking his foot under the tire

If you get in your car, the meter maid can't hold you to complete/issue the ticket. They are completely quota based
Don't think it was a meter maid... wasn't the guy a cop? Also, are the laws the same in NY and Toronto? I still stand by my comment that regardless as to who is right or wrong, running over a cop is a dumb *** move and just shows the guy was a douche. You can't tell me that if a cop was partially standing in front of your car (whether he could or not) that you would push by him to get away from a ticket. No one in their right mind would do that because the implications could be too high.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:06 PM

2013 Fiat Abarth
even with a cop, i would have done the same, the "im leaving, im leaving" move that everyone makes. Its just a parking ticket, the cop could have avoided being a jealous ***** cause thats what it was, jealousy, and told him to get outa there, end of story ! i can't believe anyone would take the cop's side, sooo uncalled for !!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by c63edition1
even with a cop, i would have done the same, the "im leaving, im leaving" move that everyone makes. Its just a parking ticket, the cop could have avoided being a jealous ***** cause thats what it was, jealousy, and told him to get outa there, end of story ! i can't believe anyone would take the cop's side, sooo uncalled for !!
You're right... cops are all jerks. Fight the power. That guy was a nice, respectful young man who was being tormented by the cops for parking illegally.

Maybe, the cop was just annoyed because someone parked where they shouldn't because they think they are something special. You say jealousy, I say annoyed and fed up. Not everyone has an "us vs the cops" mentality. Believe it or not, not all cops are out to get you. This cop might have been a jerk but none of us knows either way. Based on what I saw and the Jalopnik article, I do suspect the guy in the 458 was a jerk though... maybe I'm wrong?

Last edited by gthal; 08-09-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
If you watch the video, the guy doesn't run over his foot. The car inches forward and then the cop shoves his foot under the tire to prevent the car from moving forward, like a tard. The car doesn't move after that.

The cop then sees the camera and begins to limp around afterwards.

Watch the video again

Does NYPD write parking tickets? It's not illegal to drive away from a parking ticket. They can send it to the registered plates address

The worst part of the video is that the cop limps around afterwards on the wrong foot

Last edited by callmiro; 08-09-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig

That wasn't a meter maid.. It was NYPD and he ran over his foot after he told him to stop. Oopppss..

He parked there, he deserved the ticket. He was a douche for trying to leave as the cop was writing it. He got what he deserved.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
I'm a cop in Fl and all I can say is I fell off my chair when I saw this.

It really looks like there was a misunderstanding on both sides. I don't know the policy in NY but I would have told him DON'T MOVE THE CAR PLEASE. I wouldn't have let him start it until I was done in order to avoid that mess.

Last edited by Mikegpr03; 08-09-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:02 PM

2013 Fiat Abarth
^ exactly, the way he banged on the window, and the way he pulled him out, took it too far, like relax, obviously its a rich kid that isn't a trouble maker, we're not in the hood where there is a threat youd be caught in the middle of a gang fight. btw, apparently the car was valet parked too.
i guess im on the driver's side cause i would have done the same thing, except im stubborn, i wouldn't have gone down without a fight :P
Old 08-09-2012, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by c63edition1
^ exactly, the way he banged on the window, and the way he pulled him out, took it too far, like relax, obviously its a rich kid that isn't a trouble maker, we're not in the hood where there is a threat youd be caught in the middle of a gang fight. btw, apparently the car was valet parked too.
i guess im on the driver's side cause i would have done the same thing, except im stubborn, i wouldn't have gone down without a fight :P
Twice the charges... that would have made their day. They would have enjoyed beating your ***.

He took it a bit far... maybe. The blatant disrespect by the driver would have pissed me off just as much too and I would have probably ripped him out of his little rich boy car by his little purple sweater too.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
The only thing I can see from the video ( and please forgive me because right now we are all Monday morning quaterbacking ) the cop told him stop more than once...that's assault with a motor vehicle. But then again we weren't there. Rich or poor smart or slow as molasses if a cop tells you stop don't move the car and you fail to obey a lawfull command when he is lawfully within the scope of his duties then Mr. Prancing horse bought it..

On a side note they sure are nice in NY... For that we tow the car.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
They're both idiots and each got what they deserved...
Old 08-09-2012, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Old 08-09-2012, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mikegpr03
It's the cycle of life
Old 08-09-2012, 10:56 PM

09 c63 p30 mars red
Jealous cop + stupid rich punk = bad news --- same old sh-t
Old 08-09-2012, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
In NYC, I know for sure they can even issue you a ticket even while you are driving down the street slowly looking for a parking space, then send it to the plate's registered address. By the time you receive it, it's already past due date and you are slammed with overdue fee as well. How do I know?...Cuz that's what happened to me around 2004-5.

...Just one of the reasons I hate all those major metropolitan areas. Glad I don't live there anymore.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:00 AM

07 S8, 07 A6 (Sold), 06 STi (Sold)
I recently got a parking ticket in nyc parked too close to the fire hydrant (4 feet away ticket says) this past sunday. Whooping $115. I can feel for this guy getting a ticket...but the difference between him and I are....he is super rich...Just pay the fine. You are rich enough to own that car, but can't pay couple hundred parking ticket??? I heard cops was also writing that he didn't have a front license plate and the sticker on the front windshield.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2000 E55
That's correct. In NYC you dont have to physically be there to get the ticket. They can write it and mail it to you...(how nice of them). Supposedly, before the guy started recording the cop told the driver to remain on the sidewalk. I think it's fairly unwise to disobey a cop especially when you're driving a 300K car...you know the cop is gonna jump on any opportunity to get you.

Both of them were jackasses in their own rights but I would have definitely let the cop write the ticket...give it to me. Then I would thank him and happily drive off in my 458.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
imho, the driver was definitely a tad douchey for not stopping when the cop kept telling him to. but, although it looks to me like the cop placed his foot in front of the tire to make the driver stop, it doesn't look like his foot actually got run over. if it did, how would he be able to walk away from the tire with such ease? also, i've had my foot run over before, and nothing happened to my foot ... i think the limping was a bit of showmanship, especially since he didnt start limping until he looked up at the camera lens.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
which idiot sticks his foot in front of a car to stop it from moving then punches the window....cop should be fired for being a complete fool. I think kid is a douche but he doesnt have to be a professional nor wait for his ticket

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pick a side...