C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Innotech IPE Exhaust

Old 08-18-2012, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML63 AMG, 2018 C63S AMG, AUDI RS6
Innotech IPE Exhaust

My saturday morning was one that left me torn between decisions on wether if i was going to go ahead replacing the already fantastic AMG exhaust. I suppose it wouldnt hurt to proceed with the fitment of these IPE Innotech Exhaust!

Another reason why i love the estate is because you're able to lug your own baggage to and from the workshop to get them IPE's on.

Will post some decent videos in a couple of hrs or days give the long weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Innotech IPE Exhaust-img_2195.jpg   Innotech IPE Exhaust-img_2196.jpg   Innotech IPE Exhaust-img_2192.jpg   Innotech IPE Exhaust-img_2193.jpg   Innotech IPE Exhaust-img_2191.jpg  

Old 08-18-2012, 11:52 AM

12 MB C63
Thanks Mischievous M. I already emailed them for the detail. Did you get the full exhaust system with the headers and the front pipes? Are you replacing the tips with the original one?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:03 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by AMGFANs
Thanks Mischievous M. I already emailed them for the detail. Did you get the full exhaust system with the headers and the front pipes? Are you replacing the tips with the original one?
Hi matie... was my pleasure to help you out. let me know if you have problems with communicating with them. I took on the full complete system inclusive of headers as i wasn't too keen on cutting part off my OEM pipe and further to my dismay i was not able to reuse the original AMG tips without cutting em off and welding them back on.

Was fortunate my mechanic was able to complete the installation of everything in 7.5 hours today single handedly. I have to say though... the C63 sounds absolutely rude and mentally loud in a good way it kept a silly grin on my face as i prowl the roads home with no drone

Quick vid of start up and lil throttle blips
http://youtu.be/hxzfs9qkh2Y

Last edited by Mischievous M; 08-18-2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: YouTube link
Old 08-18-2012, 12:52 PM

12 MB C63
Is it fully opened in the video clips? Did you have they figure out the valve open and close?
Old 08-19-2012, 01:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63
I'm just about to buy this system, looking forward to more videos and your thoughts on the system.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:56 PM

Smile Before i get slagged of... this is NOT a Black Series

Originally Posted by GKC-063
I'm just about to buy this system, looking forward to more videos and your thoughts on the system.
I'm utterly loving the IPE system on my vehicle... with the valves closed it sounds similar if not the same as the already awesome stock AMG exhaust BUT with the valves opened it just sounds insane in a good way when you're up for spirited drives.

Originally Posted by AMGFANs
Is it fully opened in the video clips? Did you have they figure out the valve open and close?
Hey buddy, in the initial video i had used a wire to clamp the actuators open for the evening as i did not have time to fit the control unit at home. I've just installed the control module and am enjoying the setup.

Only thing that i have done differently is wired up the system in the rear boot space of the estate when the battery terminal is and have decided not to risk the ECU tap on pin 81 as indicate in their manual to avoid any complications. That way i have either ON or OFF at the press of the button.

Video comparison of my previous E92 ///M3 (now taken by my sister) against my new toy 2013 C63 AMG!

Natasha's M3 (Active Autowerke X-pipe + Vorsteiner exhaust)
http://youtu.be/AhnHwUluVIU

My C63 AMG (Complete IPE Innotech Exhaust inclusive of manifold)
http://youtu.be/B_i4sGz20pY
Old 08-20-2012, 10:18 PM

12 MB C63
Originally Posted by Mischievous M
I'm utterly loving the IPE system on my vehicle... with the valves closed it sounds similar if not the same as the already awesome stock AMG exhaust BUT with the valves opened it just sounds insane in a good way when you're up for spirited drives.

Hey buddy, in the initial video i had used a wire to clamp the actuators open for the evening as i did not have time to fit the control unit at home. I've just installed the control module and am enjoying the setup.

Only thing that i have done differently is wired up the system in the rear boot space of the estate when the battery terminal is and have decided not to risk the ECU tap on pin 81 as indicate in their manual to avoid any complications. That way i have either ON or OFF at the press of the button.

Video comparison of my previous E92 ///M3 (now taken by my sister) against my new toy 2013 C63 AMG!

I feel when is opened, it sound similar to stock. Do you feel is louder than the stock amg setup? video don't justify
Old 08-21-2012, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Great write up! Thank you! I was strongly considering this exhaust but went with a res delete to satisfy my craving until next year! I will be holding this system up high when Im looking again in the spring!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:05 PM

c63
pm sent. my system did not come with any install instructions and vendor is not replying to my pm and emails! i need instructuins and wiring diagrams to mount the canister and ecu/remote valve system.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by ds2k
pm sent. my system did not come with any install instructions and vendor is not replying to my pm and emails! i need instructuins and wiring diagrams to mount the canister and ecu/remote valve system.
Who did you buy from?
Old 10-11-2016, 06:04 AM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to thread jack here, but I have the opportunity to buy a iPE Exhaust system for a nice price (and I mean a GOOD price here in Brazil), and been searching for members who have installed it and what's their oppinion about it.

On second topic, I have some other questions, if someone could step in I'd appreciate it:

I plan on putting a Stg3 Weistec SC in the future (maybe 5yr). I've been thinking about putting the FULL iPE exhaust, from headers to mufflers. Any lessons for me on that matter?
Old 10-11-2016, 08:44 AM

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
W204 C63 saloon
Originally Posted by Vpatriota
Hey guys, sorry to thread jack here, but I have the opportunity to buy a iPE Exhaust system for a nice price (and I mean a GOOD price here in Brazil), and been searching for members who have installed it and what's their oppinion about it.

On second topic, I have some other questions, if someone could step in I'd appreciate it:

I plan on putting a Stg3 Weistec SC in the future (maybe 5yr). I've been thinking about putting the FULL iPE exhaust, from headers to mufflers. Any lessons for me on that matter?
Can't go wrong with IPE. Just do it.
The headers will be needed when u have stage 3 Weistec.
The following users liked this post:
Vpatriota (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by sirius9
Can't go wrong with IPE. Just do it.
The headers will be needed when u have stage 3 Weistec.
Thanks mate!

I know iPE is a very solid company out there, but I must confess I'm afraid of the droning. I had a SLK 55 AMG with some aftermarket exhaust. On higher rpms, the beast was insane, a neck breaker. But on low rpms, climbing the hill, the droning with the hardtop closed was a tiny step close to unbearable. I had to take the exhaust off, as I couldn't stand the droning anymore.

My doubt for the scholars on exhausts here is: do I get too much droning if I install the full exhaust, from headers to mufflers? I understand iPE already has that option, but I was thinking more like the mid pipe + valvetronic catback.. What do you guys think?
Old 10-11-2016, 09:35 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
W204 C63
I have the full IPE, I put in 200CEL Cats myself afterwards.

You'd be hard pressed to find ANY aftermarket exhaust which doesn't have some drone when you're climbing up a hill at low RPMs.

I live in Hong Kong, so we have plenty of hills. And I can tell you, yes, it does drone a bit. Is it that bad with the valves closed? No. You just need to drop down a gear or two, and the drone goes away.

If you get just the Catback & Mid-pipe, I reckon that it would "drone" significantly less.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mischievous M

Friend, did you get any different tone with the iPE exhaust, or you still have the unique AMG sound?
Old 10-13-2016, 12:50 AM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
I have the IPE headers and mid pipes on order. Can't wait for it to arrive and get it fitted. Will tune the car after fitment, and will post the results.