06 CTT-S
another BS for sale..

just incase anybody here looking for a BS.. here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...t_49418wt_1182
Old 09-01-2012, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
if I was in the market and had the cash for it I would be all over that one in my fav colour and has the options I want.

kinda overpriced still tho... but hey, whatever the market can bear
Old 09-01-2012, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Wow...$140k?
Old 09-01-2012, 10:10 PM

Segway
Another: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012-...#ht_886wt_1160
Old 09-01-2012, 10:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

Does this car have EVERY option?
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
The black car (first link) looks to have every single option. $140k isn't bad, it options out to around $128k, add prep delivery, it's around $130k+tax. Not sure what the tax is like in Texas.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
IIRC, it's around 8.25% or something.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 542 Likes on 359 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by rage2
The black car (first link) looks to have every single option. $140k isn't bad, it options out to around $128k, add prep delivery, it's around $130k+tax. Not sure what the tax is like in Texas.
The silver, on the other hand, is a pure cash grab.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:56 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
both crazy.... over MSRP for a BS with 2k miles on it?.... love how the description goes on about how rare the rear seat delete is on that car, but then lots of pictures of the car WITH the backseats...

I wonder if any of these people asking for sticker or better for their used mileage/titled cars are getting it... I mean, not hating on free market, if they get it, all the power to them...just saying.... still plenty cars coming in, being ordered, etc... although limited there are 2013 BS cars.... I would think the market would bear all these inflated prices much better if there wasnt still another model year run coming...

6.25% tax here by the way...

Last edited by jtrichel; 09-01-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 542 Likes on 359 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
And you know those 2k miles were a complete and utter flog-fest.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
Originally Posted by jtrichel
both crazy.... over MSRP for a BS with 2k miles on it?.... love how the description goes on about how rare the rear seat delete is on that car, but then lots of pictures of the car WITH the backseats...

I wonder if any of these people asking for sticker or better for their used mileage/titled cars are getting it... I mean, not hating on free market, if they get it, all the power to them...just saying.... still plenty cars coming in, being ordered, etc... although limited there are 2013 BS cars.... I would think the market would bear all these inflated prices much better if there wasnt still another model year run coming...

it's not really another model year, they're simply left over from '12, and it's not that many, maybe 30 more for U.S??

and there aren't plenty of cars either. my dealer could sell 2 or 3 new right now, today, someone even offered over 10K over msrp, and still can't order one.

ask green lantern how hard it was to get one
Old 09-02-2012, 03:46 AM

A snail...
100 cars total for the US production run is pretty rare. Not everybody is as lucky as you JT (can still order/spec). I have one pending buyer for my car, not sure if it will go through, but higher than your price. So we'll see.

With that said, if you're selling a car like this, at least get your options right. LOL!

Old 09-02-2012, 04:22 AM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
SLS
Originally Posted by Even Money
ask green lantern how hard it was to get one
Indeed. It drove me or perhaps I was already crazy to begin with in order to keep at it as I did.

As far as I'm aware, exactly 26 cars are coming to the US for MY2013. And yup, carryover from the 2012's. Supposedly converted Ducati editions that carried over when Audi bought Ducati and the Ducati / AMG love fest fizzled.

The one at BJ Motors is listed on their website for $135k, which I believe is only $4k over MSRP based on options. The Silver one (private sale) is also listed at $140k on Cars.com (formerly listed at $145k), with an MSRP of $108k if my calculations are correct. I'm tracking 3 others, all above MSRP, all but one are optioned out a bit. A base Silver car (MSRP of $108k) asking $116k -- probably hoping to recover sales tax, a Mars Red one loaded up with a bunch of options asking $133k, and another Silver one with matte black wheels (although I can't be sure of other options) asking $131k.

And there's the two at Platinum Leasing that have been on the market forever. Note that if you're interested in them, their mileages are no longer 64mi and 74mi, despite what their website states.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:07 AM

2013 C63 Black Series
Not to be argumentative, but GreenLatern turned down other BS cars that werent equipped the way he wanted (which I totally understand and agree with). When I got serious about looking I found 2-3 BS cars at sticker with dealers. Lots of the available cars are not on eBay/autotrader/etc. Then I found the 2013 allocation. Not saying the car isnt rare, it is...and that is part of the allure to me. And with every passing week, it gets a little harder to find one. Certainly arguably impossible to find one exactly like you would have ordered it now, I agree with that.

My only point is this -- you can parse words about what are "left over" cars from 2012, etc. But the reality is that there are 2013 VIN C63 Black Series cars in the U.S. with new (slightly increased - my dealer verified) prices coming. How many? I dont know? But when I first started reading about these cars several months ago, it was that they were 100% sold out. Then there were magically several out there. Then there was magically another model year run, etc. Is it possible that what we will magically find next is 2013 cars ordered by dealers without customer names? Available? Dont know.

When all the dust settles it will still be an extremely limited production run, no doubt. But this is like asking for an over-MSRP premium for a 2k mileage 2007 GT3 RS when the 2008 GT3 RSs were still coming off the line. The only reason to do that is the impulsive "I cannot wait, I must have one today, and I dont care what it costs, dont want to wait, etc." I figure that there is probably a price indifferent customer demographic out there like that, I suppose those are the individuals targeted with these over MSRP premiums on used mileage BS cars.

Having said all this, I am a free market fanboy, so I am hugely supportive of whatever the market will bear. For that reason, I wish anyone luck in selling their cars! We'll see...!

Last edited by jtrichel; 09-02-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:23 PM

SLS
Not to be argumentative, but GreenLatern turned down other BS cars that werent equipped the way he wanted (which I told understand and agree with).
Indeed. I made two very serious mistakes here when it comes to buying an extremely limited edition car (and I, apparently, have a history of making this same mistake -- but I think I've learned my lesson now). 1) I waited too long to commit to buying one (if I had started the pursuit 6 months earlier, I'd either already have one now, or it'd have been locked in with minimal hassle), and 2) when I finally started, I was too damn picky (I turned down 3 nearly sure shots for the chance at getting exactly what I wanted). When I finally found what I wanted, or something close, I committed, and thought I could trust the dealers. Each time I did that, time was wasted, and more and more allocations were spoken for.

The unfortunate thing is that I'm not sure how I could've had the foresight to pull the trigger on a car that wasn't spec'd out exactly as I had wanted. It's not bad advice to give: "If you're spending this much on a brand new car, you should be able to get it how you want it."

My experience with MB dealers has taught me otherwise (but then again, I've worked with a lot of unscrupulous Porsche dealers too, so it's tough to say that this is the lesson I'm learning for limited edition AMG cars only).

Either way, those who wish to take their chances on new 2013's with dealers that refuse to put your name down and will, instead, call a list of interested customers to see who will be the highest bidder, you can PM me and I'll point you in the right direction. I've been in touch with almost every single one of the 26 dealers that has 2013's incoming.

Those who pick up one of these low miles 2012's on the market, you'll probably love every minute of driving one of these (from what I hear, heh).

Oh, and a final tidbit... According to Affalterbach, the reason why the US got so few C63BS's compared to CLK63BS's is because lots of people complained we got too many CLK's and they were hard to move and/or depreciated heavily after purchase. I bet the SL65BS's didn't help either.

(Disclaimer: I love the CLK63BS. And I love the SL65BS, though I've never owned one.)
Old 09-02-2012, 06:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

GrnLantern....Are you still taking the NEW Iridium car?
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:46 PM

SLS
Originally Posted by Pickles
GrnLantern....Are you still taking the NEW Iridium car?
Cheers, Pickles.
My plans haven't changed. Unlikely to change them given how much pain I went through.

(But, I'm an obsessive shopper, and still track the market, heh.)
Old 09-02-2012, 10:29 PM

C32, 911 Carrera S(991), C63BS
Originally Posted by GrnLantern
My plans haven't changed. Unlikely to change them given how much pain I went through.

(But, I'm an obsessive shopper, and still track the market, heh.)
It will be worth the wait. I just returned from a 700 mile road trip. Can't seem to wipe the grin off my face.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:35 PM

SLS
Originally Posted by LangeOne
It will be worth the wait. I just returned from a 700 mile road trip. Can't seem to wipe the grin off my face.

Seriously looking forward to it.