C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

MCT transmission problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
MCT transmission problem

Well guys after reading numerous complaintes on people transimissions and how they are jerking I may have the answer..... Twice in the same day I shifted from drive to reverse while stationary and the car wouldnt go into gear. I had to turn the car off and back on to get it into reverse. There was no check engine light nor transmission light. I ended up taking the car in shortly after for obivous reasons.....It was also jerky from 1 to 2 while coming to red lights and stop signs. Dealer checked the car out and there was an error code in the transimission's computer. They accutlay had to replace the brains of the transimission. They informed me that this is the first 2012 that has had this problem but im sure there will be much more after this has been read by some members. FYI the car was at the dealer waiting for the part for 2weeks. Hope this helps out some people
Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML63 AMG, 2018 C63S AMG, AUDI RS6
Hey buddy, sorry to hear of your troubles... I've had some similar experience with my transmission in my VW Golf R. I know they're two seperate cars but it could possibly be the switch module in transmission box.

Last time round this occurred it was a 10min replacement because the pin had bent but then again it's a diff vehicle all together. Just try advising your service crew of the possibility and hope it helps