C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

My new car pics and questions - 2013 C63

Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG - APX (Sedan)
My new car pics and questions - 2013 C63

So I know I promised pictures a while ago, but after I got my car I never got around to it. Some will say I was enjoying my car way too much although I'm still in my break in period.
Anyways, I have some crappy iPhone pictures for now for you guys to see and also some questions. They are as follows:

1. When starting my car on a cold day after 5 seconds of starting, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner turns on for 10-15 seconds and it goes off. To me it sounds normal but I'm curious if anyone has noticed this or know what it is???

2. My brakes seem to squeal when I don't slam them, any ideas?

3. I hear very faint ticking noise during cold starts intermittently, should I be worried?

I got my car the 24th of August, ordered it April 12th...over 4 months

I can also confirm that the keys come with the AMG logo on them for the 2013 as I got them with my car.

My car specs are:

2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Diamond White Paint
AMG Performance Package Plus (ASR, CF truck spoiler, CF interior trim, Engine upgrade, 2 pc breaks etc)
Premium Package
CF Mirrors
Black & Red Interior
Standard 18" AMG Rims

I would also like to know if you guys would think I should do the following to my car:

Tint all windows 21%
Vinyl wrap roof jet black
19" Vossen VVS CV3 Matte Graphite
CF rear diffuser
Attached Thumbnails My new car pics and questions - 2013 C63-img_1730.jpg   My new car pics and questions - 2013 C63-img_1731.jpg   My new car pics and questions - 2013 C63-img_1732.jpg   My new car pics and questions - 2013 C63-img_1733.jpg   My new car pics and questions - 2013 C63-img_1729.jpg  

Last edited by Magnom; 09-11-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:03 PM

2010 C63, 2014 E63
nice color combo white on red!
1. ive never experienced that
2. my brakes squeal as well but i still have 65% left
3. my ticking noise come and go sometimes its there sometimes its not
the things you wanna do to your car is perfect! when i got my white 10 c63 tinted and got the roof wrapped it definitely changed its appearance
Old 09-11-2012, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 ML350
1. When starting my car on a cold day after 5 seconds of starting, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner turns on for 10-15 seconds and it goes off. To me it sounds normal but I'm curious if anyone has noticed this or know what it is???

Smog pump, i.e. secondary air injector - runs on cold starts and pumps oxygen into the catalytic converter to reduce emissions upon cold starts in order to pass emission regulations. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner and runs for about 60 secs. Next morning, pop the hood then start the car. locate where the sound is coming from. the pump is black and about the size of a softball with one rubber hose running from it. That should be where the sound is coming from. Not a problem.

2. My breaks seem to squeal when I don't slam them, any ideas?

Can be a number of things but generally its a build up of brake dust and or the pad squeal between the rotor maybe needs added anti brake squeal glue.

3. I hear very faint ticking noise during cold starts intermittently, should I be worried?

Normal on the 63 motor can be the lifters or the exhaust flames hitting the cats usually goes away when everything gets to operating temp but can still happen even at high temps.

Originally Posted by Magnom
So I know I promised pictures a while ago, but after I got my car I never got around to it. Some will say I was enjoying my car way too much although I'm still in my break in period.
Anyways, I have some crappy iPhone pictures for now for you guys to see and also some questions. They are as follows:

2. My breaks seem to squeal when I don't slam them, any ideas?

I can also confirm that the keys come with the AMG logo on them for the 2013 as I got them with my car.

My car specs are:

2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Diamond White Paint
AMG Performance Package Plus (ASR, CF truck spoiler, CF interior trim, Engine upgrade, 2 pc breaks etc)
Premium Package
CF Mirrors
Black & Red Interior
Standard 18" AMG Rims

I would also like to know if you guys would think I should do the following to my car:

Tint all windows 21%
CF rear diffuser

Last edited by C63sydney; 09-11-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

"Squealing Brakes"?....They need bedding in....Go out & do 10 applications from 60 MPH down to 5MPH... HARD...in quick succession....BUT DO NOT STOP.
I would suggest that your brakes will then be OK.
Let us know how you go.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Congrats! Nice looking C63 there!!! You should definitely get the CF rear diffuser. As far as wheels are concerned, I think OEM wheels look the best on the C63. Its what makes a C63 look like a C63! but its personal opinion!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 PM

C63
congrats
Old 09-11-2012, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Replace breaks with brakes. Problem solved. Car looks great.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:29 AM

C63, 335i
Originally Posted by Magnom

2. My brakes seem to squeal when I don't slam them, any ideas?

My car specs are:

2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Diamond White Paint
Premium Package
CF Mirrors
Black & Red Interior
Standard 18" AMG Rims

Tint all windows 21%
CF rear diffuser
1.I get this noise as well shouldn't be a concern.

2.The brake pads on the C63 do tend to squeal quite often if you don't step on them hard. To temporarily get rid of the problem, find an empty space where you can really step on the brakes hard from about 60mph to stop 4-5 times. This should get rid of the brake dusts and get rid of any possible glazing over of the brake pad.
For long term solution, look aftermarket into ceramic pads. They dust less and are quieter but may not offer the same feel and/or performance.

3.I get the ticking noises occasionally too and it'll even happen after the car is fully warmed up. I've had the head mechanic at the dealership sit with me in the car when it was happening and he confirmed it was normal and nothing to worry about as long as it doesn't continue as you accelerate or are driving.

Tint at 21% should look great as long as cops don't have a problem seeing inside. On a white car the contrast will definitely go well with the blacked out roof. Something to consider is blacking out the shiny chrome trim around the window, grill, and trunk.

19's will definitely look better as it fills the wheel wells better.

Carbon Fiber rear diffuser will look really nice along with a carbon fiber splitter on the front of the car. Instead of getting a new diffuser, why not just have the original diffuser wrapped in carbon fiber.

Good luck with the car and happy modding