C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Need your opinion.. problem/mess with car title/registration..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CTT-S
Need your opinion.. problem/mess with car title/registration..

Got the car on June 20th from WA, car delivered in TX. This (same) car I was watching was originally from ID (from another non-MB dealership). I think I've seen this car in ID on April, been there (for sale) for about a month and disappeared. Then a few weeks later, resurfaced as a CPO on WA (MB dealer). Negotiated with the price and ended up getting it thru MB Financials.

Fast forward present day..

WA MB dealer still can't produce the title for the car. TX needs the copy of that title to register the car (so I can get the plates). WA MB dealer said they communicated with the ID dealer and was told they lost the title (or didn't/wasn't able to secure the title from the seller, etc, blah blah blah).

So right now, I'm on my 3rd application for temp tags in TX. WA say right now, the title issue is in limbo. I'm pissed right now because I saw another car a few weeks back and attempted to trade-in the C63 but due to this issue, I can't trade the car. If I try to refinance the car, I'm concerned that I'd be having this same issue (denied refinance) because the current lien holder do not have the title.

MB financial was no help as of now as they can only wait for the WA dealer to send them the title.

anything I can do?

*not sure how many times I can (be allowed) to apply for temp tags. the car has been in TX since July. Last time I applied for the temp tags, the clerk already asked for the reason why I'm applying for the 2nd time.

*communicated with WA MB dealer since August concerning this matter.

*anyone here in the forum that previously owned this car? maybe you can help me? car was originally placed for sale in Kellogg, ID (Dave Smith Mazda), later sold by MB of Spokane, WA (Liberty Lakes, WA).

*anybody here from these dealerships? I'm running out of patience!

TIA

Last edited by Paculdo; 09-12-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Use it as a Track car. JK
I don't see why you not getting help from MB dealer or MB financial when you bought the car from them CPO.
Call them talk to GM tell them your situation and if they don't help you go get your self a layer.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
tell them to get the title, this is ludicrous. they are in the business of selling cars, they should know what the deal is. first of all, you cannot have a legally binding contract for sale without the title, otherwise i could sell my neighbor's 911 turbo to you for a nice profit. maybe the title is with a previous leinholder (bank)? or maybe they lost the title (in which case they can go to the dmv and get a duplicate). demand that they clear this crap up this week or you are returning the car.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 AM

06 CTT-S
as much as i wanted to return the car, the dealer (that i got it from) is in washington state.. i'm in texas :-(
my biggest surprise is that MB financials let this happen (granting the loan without the title) from the dealer.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by mgbrillo
as much as i wanted to return the car, the dealer (that i got it from) is in washington state.. i'm in texas :-(
my biggest surprise is that MB financials let this happen (granting the loan without the title) from the dealer.
I can see you are being very patient. I personally would try to keep it simple. As a person who acted in good faith and paid good money you are entitled to some assistance and courtesy. This is very unlike MB overall. I would consider speaking to head office and getting their advice.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:29 AM

2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG PP (Weistec S3 Supercharged)
Clearly, this is a case where you should call your lawyer and you should be able to get a full refund of all monies paid being the sale technically cant be official without them having possession of the title. Seems fishy
Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
While I think you have legal recourse, here in Colorado, when a car is in the same position, you can apply for a bonded title. You have to jump through some super annoying hoops, but you end up with a title. A big reason that you might want to go after the original title is that a bonded title SIGNIFICANTLY drops resale value.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:32 AM

06 CTT-S
I decided to give the dealership a last chance so I asked assistance from their GM.
Fortunately, the GM helped me and promised that they will overnight the documents to the county office here. He sent me a copy of the documents they've sent out and hopefully by tomorrow or Friday, I'd be able to get my plates (if everything checks out). they've included a tracking number.

*Was wondering why the other staff couldn't do this for about 2 months while their GM have collected all documents and have it shipped in about 6 hrs?

*By the way, I did mention to my email to them that I'd be getting a lawyer to help me sort this issue. I was also advised by a friend to also file a complaint to their state (WA) attorney general. I also mentioned that I would return the car (but really, i don't want to go that far as it'll be more hassle returning this car to WA).

Anyways, I'm hoping for the best. Hopefully to get my plates soon.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Can't they just file for a lost title, get a replacement one, then send it to you? I don't see why it has to be that complicated.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:34 AM

06 CTT-S
i was initially told that the ID dealer have to file the lost title (and get replacement) but that dealer wasn't doing anything (or not cooperating). for 2 months and they couldn't accomplish anything.

looking around for that WA dealer reviews and it seems this (with them not releasing the title) isn't new. there have been complaints of the same issue.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
crossing my fingers that it works out for you. And good for the GM to do what is right.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:06 AM

06 CTT-S
Thanks Fung.

My temp tags expired today so I have to go to the county office to apply for the temp tags (3rd application). I called today and I was told that they might not allow me to get temp tags for the 3rd time. I'll try anyways and hopefully get another 30 day tag