C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 Mod advice

Old 09-22-2012, 02:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 C63 Sedan, 2018 C63S Coupe, 2018 E63S Estate
C63 Mod advice

Hello,

I am new to this forum and am a first time C63 owner. I was hoping to get your thoughts on some mods I am considering. I have a C63 sedan and had the ECU flashed by Kleemann. After speaking with Cory at Kleemann (who was extremely helpful) I am considering making a couple more changes to the vehicle. First, I was planning on adding the Kleemann shorty headers (I think long tubes may be too loud, as this is my daily driver and part-time family vehicle) I read in a forum that the Kleemann shorty headers were more of a mid-length header - is this true and is there a big difference? What are your thoughts of the Kleemann shorty headers in general? I was also considering adding the akrapovic slip on titanium exhaust (call me superficial, but I saw a set and thought they looked beautiful) for their appearance and sound. The shop that I am talking to would charge $1265.00 for the header install and $460.00 for the exhaust install. Do these sound like reasonable charges for the work? Any other ideas and thoughts for (reasonably priced) upgrades would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help!