C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Edition 1 Sedan Matte Alanite Gray
C63 Advice

Hey guys, I am new to this forum, and am in the process of selling my 2010 Audi S5 to get a C63 amg. I am currently looking at a 2010, a 2011 and 2012. I meet with each of the owners/dealers next week. Anyways, I wanted to introduce myself, as well as get some mod advice from you guys. The 2012 already has a eurocharged v4 tune on it, which I have heard is a very reliable tune, the other two choices are bone stock. My roommate had some work done from mhp and didn't have a positive experience, maybe it was a fluke I'm not sure. So my goal would be to make 500rwhp or more in the most economical way, so any and all advice is much appreciated, I look forward to becoming a part of the amg community!
-Xander
Old 10-01-2012, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
If the 2012 has the lowest miles and best options, then why not go for it if you're going to tune it anyway? I'm not sure what your other priorities are in choosing which C63, but I'd have to know more about each vehicle first.

Also, are you sure you're not confusing MHP with MPH?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:54 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
Welcome! The Eurocharged v4 tune is a very solid box tune, most people are happy with just that. If you're looking for 500whp you are going to have to combine ROW Airboxes, Drop in filters, Long Tube Headers and a custom dyno tune.

As far as the different years go

2010-2011 - Very similar features, new mirrors exterior, one big one is the headbolt change in late 2010 and all of the 2011's so you wont have to worry about the leaky coolant issue. Better riding suspension compared to 08-09.

2012 - revised interior (better, Navigation screen, center console, seats etc), revised MCT Transmission (for better, some have complained about high track temperatures), newer navigation software and bluetooth software.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:59 PM

I might pick up the 2010 because its a damn good deal, 50k with 10k miles and all the options I wanted. The 2012 while it is gorgeous would be 66500 to buy the guy out of his lease. My top contenders for ecu tune are OE and eurocharged, both of which I have heard awesome things about. What headers would give me the best gains if matched with either of those tunes?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:48 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
Originally Posted by Xander941
I might pick up the 2010 because its a damn good deal, 50k with 10k miles and all the options I wanted. The 2012 while it is gorgeous would be 66500 to buy the guy out of his lease. My top contenders for ecu tune are OE and eurocharged, both of which I have heard awesome things about. What headers would give me the best gains if matched with either of those tunes?

I got mine with 10k on the odometer too. Pretty much my two options as well for tune OETuning and Eurocharged. I have had Jeremy from OE Tuning dyno tune my E55 and I was really happy with the outcome, so naturally I would have them have first crack at the dyno tune on my new car. Benzworks, MBH and MHP all have long tube headers and will net about the same amount of horsepower. It comes down to if you are going to have cats or not. For me personally I'm keeping the secondary cats as having no cats would just get too much attention. I already get confused looks from people while having a straight pipe on my resonator, i can only imagine catless.

Call Serge from Benzworks in Huntington Beach CA, he probably will work out a deal with an OE Tune and his Long Tube Headers for a pretty decent price.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:43 PM

Which headers would be best to go with if I wanted to delete the secondary cats? My roommate deleted his and it is loud, but the sound is intoxicating, and everyone stares and you when you drive around like a movie star in his new supercar. And of course it makes the mustang and camaro guys crap themselves haha. I am located in South Florida, does OE have any dealers around here?