C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

A2DP Audio Streaming in 2013 C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
A2DP Audio Streaming in 2013 C63?

I just picked up my 2013 c63 yesterday, and I'm curious if I can stream audio via bluetooth? Since I have an iPhone 5 I can't plug it into the iPod adapter and play music that way. I know I could just use an analog cable in the headphone jack, but if I can stream via bluetooth A2DP, I'd rather do that of course!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
You can. Just pair the phone to BT, then go to Audio, Bluetooth, and you're good to go.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:34 AM

A250 Sports
Great A2DP Music Adaptor for Media Interface

Hi guys, I went for alternative solution. I have bought the Tune2Air WMA1000 wireless music adaptor which claimed to be compatible with Mercedes Media Interface (with iPod cable). Actually, it works great, the sound quality is great (though not better than connecting directly to iPod or iPhone) but still good enough for my everyday use and the wireless automatic connection with my phone is just amazing. I can browse the music list from my iPhone wirelessly which is probably the best function of this tiny device. I haven't come across anything like it on the market for this particular function. Initially tune2air wma1000 only supports Apple's devices. After upgrade the software now it is able to stream music from android phone as well. I have test it using my friend's Galaxy S3. However, unlike iPhone, android's music list does not show on the car screen though. I've also test it using Sportify music service which also works with WMA1000 but again does not support music list like the iPhone's iPod app.

Originally Posted by rage2
You can. Just pair the phone to BT, then go to Audio, Bluetooth, and you're good to go.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by williamhop102
Hi guys, I went for alternative solution. I have bought the Tune2Air WMA1000 wireless music adaptor which claimed to be compatible with Mercedes Media Interface (with iPod cable). Actually, it works great, the sound quality is great (though not better than connecting directly to iPod or iPhone) but still good enough for my everyday use and the wireless automatic connection with my phone is just amazing. I can browse the music list from my iPhone wirelessly which is probably the best function of this tiny device. I haven't come across anything like it on the market for this particular function. Initially tune2air wma1000 only supports Apple's devices. After upgrade the software now it is able to stream music from android phone as well. I have test it using my friend's Galaxy S3. However, unlike iPhone, android's music list does not show on the car screen though. I've also test it using Sportify music service which also works with WMA1000 but again does not support music list like the iPhone's iPod app.

you can use the steering wheel button to navigate music? basically, this device will connect your iphone wirelessly, but still function exactly the same as if the iphone were directly connected to the ipod connector? and can you change songs with the steering wheel controls with a streaming music app such as pandora?

Last edited by m a x i m u s; 04-12-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:52 PM

A250 Sports
Steering wheel buttons control only works with the iPod music in iPhone

Hi, the steering wheel buttons control seems to only works with streaming music from the iPod music list in iPhone or iPad. For online music service which I use Sportify and KKBOX the steering wheel buttons will not work because I think tune2air trick the head unit to by telling there is one song in iPod music list that allows the online music service to use the channel to stream the music but since there is only one song continuously playing therefore, there is no way you can control the music directly from the steering wheel because there is no other song for you to go to next or previous. You can only control from iPhone or iPad screen. Hope this info helps.

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
you can use the steering wheel button to navigate music? basically, this device will connect your iphone wirelessly, but still function exactly the same as if the iphone were directly connected to the ipod connector? and can you change songs with the steering wheel controls with a streaming music app such as pandora?
Old 04-17-2013, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
I just got one of these off of eBay and installed it in my 09. Works great, even with pandora (song titles appear in dash display and you can skip tracks with the steering wheel buttons). Incidentally, it also seems to still work with the older white tipped integration cable (I tested it) but I swapped mine out for the newer black tipped one anyway.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:48 AM

MY12 C63 P/P
Question for those that have the Tune2Air device in their C63.

Can you confirm whether you can also have the phone operate normally through the factory bluetooth connectivity?

i.e. Tune2Air for music and car bluetooth for phone?

Thanks...
Old 06-30-2013, 06:23 AM

C63 AMG
Standard Bluetooth stuff (phone) works on mine.

Anyone else have an issue where once connected it will play music nonstop? Once I pair it up, it starts playing music via my iPhone library and will even unpause to keep going if I try to stop it. I can override the music with pandora or a phone call, but it always defaults to playing.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:18 PM

MY12 C63 P/P
Originally Posted by jcmd
Standard Bluetooth stuff (phone) works on mine.

Anyone else have an issue where once connected it will play music nonstop? Once I pair it up, it starts playing music via my iPhone library and will even unpause to keep going if I try to stop it. I can override the music with pandora or a phone call, but it always defaults to playing.
Thanks very much for confirming this works for music and phone. I was concerned that I'd have to do one or the other but not both.

Cheers...
Old 07-02-2013, 06:42 AM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
I just got one of these off of eBay and installed it in my 09. Works great, even with pandora (song titles appear in dash display and you can skip tracks with the steering wheel buttons). Incidentally, it also seems to still work with the older white tipped integration cable (I tested it) but I swapped mine out for the newer black tipped one anyway.
What is the difference between the white and the black?

I have the white and its a PITA because it is too chunky to connect without taking off my Iphone cover and it doesn't charge. I recently took the route of connecting that little secret aux input and have been going direct.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:41 AM

2008 C63
Has anyone tried this with an '08 model C? Will it display the library on the screen using the aux input?