Velos Tuning of my P31 Coupe - STELLAR!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Velos Tuning of my P31 Coupe - STELLAR!

Well last night I tossed on the Velos tune on my P31 and was pleasantly surprised with the performance. The car is much more responsive and feels much faster. One of my biggest frustrations with the stock tune is that while in "C" comfort mode it always seemed to be in the wrong gear and you would have to floor it to go - with the new Velos tune it seems to hold the gear longer and the when you depress the pedal the car really goes. It is now breaking loose under 40mph when floored (did not before). The best way to sum it up is "C" mode now feels like "S+" mode. And, I'm no longer feeling the urge to supercharge it (at least for now). I am very pleased with the new found power and feel of the car!

Thanks to Omar and Jean for all your help and taking my call at 11pm last night! LOL. Thanks guys.

More feedback to come once I log some additional miles on it!

Last edited by dragonAMG; 10-10-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
Well last night I tossed on the Velos tune on my P31 and was pleasantly surprised with the performance. The car is much more responsive and feels much faster. One of my biggest frustrations with the stock tune is that while in "C" comfort mode it always seemed to be in the wrong gear and you would have to floor it to go - with the new Velos tune it seems to hold the gear longer and the when you depress the pedal the car really goes. It is now breaking loose under 40mph when floored (did not before). The best way to sum it up is "C" mode now feels like "S+" mode. And, I'm no longer feeling the urge to supercharge it (at least for now). I am very pleased with the new found power and feel of the car!

Thanks to Omar and Jean for all your help and taking my call at 11pm last night! LOL. Thanks guys.

More feedback to come once I log some additional miles on it!
Thank you for the kind words, glad to see you're enjoying the car.