C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Advice sought re retrofitting DTR lights to 2008 C63 AMG W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG W204--and have owned and driven many other MBs
Advice sought re retrofitting DTR lights to 2008 C63 AMG W204

Hi there AMG lovers...Has anyone done a retro-fit of DTR lights to the front of their 2008/2009 C63 AMG? (I'm looking at utilising the small black plastic grills between the round bumper embedded fog-lights and the number-plate mounting.) I'm wanting the DTR lights operating only when the ignition is on--just like the latest C63s--but I've only managed to find reference to one type of retro-fit kit on Euro and USA MB sites, and the EURO site is selling them at an over-the-top price...620,000 EU! (Not to mention FUGLY!) I don't think so!!! Thankfully, I've got a great auto-electrician to help me install the kit--once I've got it--but that's only if I fail to install it myself. All is organised--and there's plenty of enthusiasm--but NO lights!!! Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh! Then I'll be closer to completing the bespoking of my C63...Have remapped the engine...WOW! incredible increase in power and torque, and have installed chrome door cups and mirror housings. I'm Just needing to install illuminating AMG sills, upgrade to 19" (or may be 20") chromed AMG wheels all round, install a reversing camera, hack the DVD player so it plays irrespective of speed traveled, and get red or may be (LED blue) leather inserts into the seats. (May be I've been watching way too much "Inside WCC"!) Anyway, is there anybody out there with any ideas abt acquiring suitable DTR lights? Thanks kindly. Brenda1129
Old 10-18-2012, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Merc C63, 2009 GL320 bluetec
Originally Posted by Brenda1129
Hi there AMG lovers...Has anyone done a retro-fit of DTR lights to the front of their 2008/2009 C63 AMG? (I'm looking at utilising the small black plastic grills between the round bumper embedded fog-lights and the number-plate mounting.) I'm wanting the DTR lights operating only when the ignition is on--just like the latest C63s--but I've only managed to find reference to one type of retro-fit kit on Euro and USA MB sites, and the EURO site is selling them at an over-the-top price...620,000 EU! (Not to mention FUGLY!) I don't think so!!! Thankfully, I've got a great auto-electrician to help me install the kit--once I've got it--but that's only if I fail to install it myself. All is organised--and there's plenty of enthusiasm--but NO lights!!! Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh! Then I'll be closer to completing the bespoking of my C63...Have remapped the engine...WOW! incredible increase in power and torque, and have installed chrome door cups and mirror housings. I'm Just needing to install illuminating AMG sills, upgrade to 19" (or may be 20") chromed AMG wheels all round, install a reversing camera, hack the DVD player so it plays irrespective of speed traveled, and get red or may be (LED blue) leather inserts into the seats. (May be I've been watching way too much "Inside WCC"!) Anyway, is there anybody out there with any ideas abt acquiring suitable DTR lights? Thanks kindly. Brenda1129

Pics ?