Need advice on C63 purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63
Need advice on C63 purchase

Hey all! First time poster here.

I'm looking into getting into a C63 pretty soon. There is a 2009 at a local dealership I saw online and was hoping to get some expert advice.

Here is the link to the listing:
http://www.stingraychevrolet.com/Veh...-FL/1823139093

The car is a Florida 1 owner car. Car fax reports minor accident back in Jan '09 but will inspect carefully when I test drive it. The car was purchased in Aug of '08 so being in service for over 4 years and only has 34k miles so that seems fairly low which is positive.

I was hoping someone with a trained eye could pick up anything from the pictures that might indicate any aftermarket parts. For example I notice there is a Kleemann badge on the back of the car. Also looks like there are some carbon fiber pieces on the front fascia. Another thing I wasn't sure of was the factory brakes... in the picture it looks like this car might have some upgraded brakes due to the slotted rotors... not sure if stock C63 rotors were slotted. What about the black wheels? probably Plastidip?

Just by looking at the car can you tell what type of packages this car may or may not have? The car is at a Chevy dealer so i'm sure the salesman won't know crap about Mercedes.

I did some research on the Kleemann parts and it seems like Stage 1 is Tune only. Stage 2 is Tune/Headers. and Stage 3 is Tune/Headers/Throttlebody. Is there any key indicators I could look for to visually identify what stage this car may be. This car could potentially have several thousand dollars worth of upgrades that would make the car even more attractive. Just need to make sure it wasn't beaten to death its whole life.

Any other tip/tricks/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Bro, avoid 09 or have them replace the head bolts as part of the deal (but I'm pretty sure that there is no way they will do that). Look at the stickies
Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Wait till you can find a 2011. They are not within the faulty headbolt engine range. Also read the sticky for more information.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:20 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
Agree with above, plus as a general rule avoid if has been in "minor accident" - I reckon no matter how good the repair to a trained eye never the same. Sure there are plenty of others out there.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
The headbolt issue is overrated. You will not get someone to change the bolts on that car. It is at least a $3.5K job. I agree that you should stay away from a car that has an accident record even if it's small and minor as it will hurt your resale value.
I am selling mine back to the dealer and if you are really interested, I will sell it for $41K. It has 36K miles, new PSS tires with less 1K miles. Never been in accident. CPO till 07/13. Click on my profile and see the pics.
PM me if you are interested. This would have to be done quickly as I am giving it back to the dealer next Monday.