Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Opticoat Question/Feedback

Hey everyone,

So Ive read the threads about opticoat in the past and was wondering if anyone who did it can chime in.

How long have you had it on?
Did you cover the entire car and trim like rims?
How much did it cost you?
If you are in socal, where did you do it? Would you recommend the person who did it?
What are some advantages to having it and do you think its been worth it?

Im just trying to see if its really worth it before applying it to the car. Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I just had it done a few weeks ago and there hasn't been enough rain to truly test it. My body shop has also done the detailing after their work so I haven't tried to wash it either. I think they only did the body work. I'm not sure if it's recommended for the rims, but I know it is NOT recommended for the windows.

I was the guinea pig for my body shop so I got it done at cost. Can't speak for what shops will charge you, but I think I saw Guilty say it was under $200.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
I just had it done a few weeks ago and there hasn't been enough rain to truly test it. My body shop has also done the detailing after their work so I haven't tried to wash it either. I think they only did the body work. I'm not sure if it's recommended for the rims, but I know it is NOT recommended for the windows.

I was the guinea pig for my body shop so I got it done at cost. Can't speak for what shops will charge you, but I think I saw Guilty say it was under $200.
Do you mind asking your shop how much they would normally charge for any customer with a C63 sedan? Just so I can get an idea and know if I am in the right ballpark?

What have your thoughts about it been so far?
Old 10-30-2012, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I'll ask, but he's never offered it before. Maybe he'll cut you a deal if you drive up this way

I honestly have ZERO thoughts about it so far as I haven't been able to witness it in action. However, based on the YT videos I found, it looks promising...about as effective as Rain-X is on glass, but longer lasting.