Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Newer LED & bumper upgrade on 11 and Under

So-

Many people are fitting their pre-facelift models(08-11) cars with the 2012 bumpers that come with LED's. I am looking at the RevoSport F1 bumper that has the same LED lights. I am wanting to have my LED's function just like the OEM round fog-lights. I know that they can be wired to the ignition and act as the daytime running lamps, controlled through the display interface as Daytime running lights enabled/disabled.

I am wanting to wire my LED's to the original,OEM, for log wiring harness, so that they may function with the headlight control knob, as if they were the OEM fog-lights. A few people have done this and know that there is a "module" or something that helped them connect the two. Has anyone done the LED to fog conversion? And if so, what exactly needs to happen to have the headlight knob control the LED's. I do not want them as DRL. I, from day one, have disabled the DRL. But occasionally, I do use the fogs. I want to maintain the same feature/control that our cars have coming off the assembly line. Just replacing the fogs with the LED's.

Can anyone help?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
I know that it has been done and that there is some kind of "module", for lack of a better term, that allows the wiring harness from the LED's to connect with the fog log wiring harness. There are only a handful of members that have successfully done this. Any of you guys see this post? Or, does anyone have knowledge of this mod?

Thanks.