C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

VELOS Handheld Tuner - Review of the entire purchase/install

Old 11-04-2012, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
VELOS Handheld Tuner - Review of the entire purchase/install

Hey guys,

Thought I'd share my experiences with the handheld tuner from Velos since others sharing similar info has helped me in the past...so here we go...

My car: 2009 C63 AMG - Bone stock other than the tune...(for now haha)...

So I purchased the tuner directly from Velos Designwerks...spoke with a gentleman there by the name of Omar, who was helpful and answered a bunch of questions for me....a few days later, my tuner was delivered to my doorstep

The kit came with the following:

- Handheld Tuner
- Cable to connect tuner to vehicle (OBD 2 socket)
- Cable to connect tuner to computer (Windows only..argh!!!)
- USB flash drive with install instructions, software, and all necessary info installed on it

So to begin with, I only buy MACs (except for my tablet)...so I had to use my brother's old, antiquated laptop through this process...Initially, I installed the driver and software, but there was an issue (I believe the USB might have accidentally been damaged during transit even though it was packed well)...So I called Velos and got in touch with a guy named Jean, who was AWESOME through the entire process...

So I had to download the software from the manufacturer's website directly. After that, things got easier, until I tried to connect my handheld tuner to the software via my laptop...ended up that I need to update the software on the handheld tuner (Jean led me to this conclusion)...Jean walked me through step by step over the phone without sounding like he was in a rush or had better things to do)...So with his help, I downloaded the info file from my ECU to the tuner, emailed him the file, and he got me the tune for my car within a couple days (Super quick!!!).....***TO ADD, Jean willingly and very happily helped me on the weekend on his OWN time while speaking on his cell phone***** - I can't say enough about the customer service....GREAT JOB VELOS!!! AND THANKS!!!!

Review of my drive after the tune was installed...:

So after installing the tune (simple process that only took 2-3 minutes while lounging in my comfy C63 seats)...I took the bad boy out after I got some nice weather. The first thing I noticed...THROTTLE RESPONSE!!! Woah! The car responded A LOT quicker than normal...And the car PULLS!!! I LOVE IT! Any sort of hesitation was gone...both from a roll and from a stop, there is a noteworthy difference in acceleration.

I will try to get a dyno within a couple of weeks and update this thread...

I'm very happy with the SOTP feeling (we all know it isn't the most reliable way to tell the difference haha)...but I'm sure the dyno numbers will be right along the same lines as others have experienced with Velos...

A few pics of the tuner and the cable to connect to the vehicle...Velos was also kind enough to include a key ring with the purchase for me...so Thanks to Velos, Omar and Jean...Stay tuned for an after dyno (I have no baseline but what really counts is where I'm at now anyways haha)

Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
I gained 10 hp from the tune with headers
Far away from the +50hp advertised.

EDIT : Omar is taking car of me. Great customer service , I hope the issue will be solved soon.

Last edited by Kaiba; 11-05-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
Are you serious????? WTF....I sure hope my gains are better...now I need to find a local dyno around here....any help would be great guys! Been a while since I dynoed
Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG
The 50+ HP advertised is for none performance package cars...

Its been shown here that performance package cars have minimal gains from a tune. And seeing how the black series is basically a performance pack car with a few extra changes you wont be getting much increase. Just look at the E63 with a tune you they are grabbing what an extra 10-20hp. Vs the C63 without PP you are basically unlocking it to what the E63 plus tune would be, hence the big gains of 50+ hp.

Someone posted a video here of a tune C63 vs PP C63 and they are basically even. Basically the PP car is a factory warranty $5k+ tune from MB since thats what the market wanted.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
Anyone know the cheapest place to get an accurate dyno done? I was looking at Edge in Dublin or 034 in Fremont....maybe Turbohoses Speed shop in Livermore?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:38 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Kaiba
I gained 10 hp from the tune with headers
Far away from the +50hp advertised.

EDIT : Omar is taking car of me. Great customer service , I hope the issue will be solved soon.
Did you use the tune for your Black Series?

As far as I know there is not one tuner out there who has ever advertised 50+ hp for any C63 with PP or BS.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
Anyone know the cheapest place to get an accurate dyno done? I was looking at Edge in Dublin or 034 in Fremont....maybe Turbohoses Speed shop in Livermore?
There is no such thing as an "accurate' dyno.. The best thing you can do is do a before tune and after tune, the important aspect is the change in power.

The best bet and cheapest is to just go to a the drag strip. my local one is $20 every friday and you can run as much as you want lines permitting. Usually get 5-7 runs in for that... As long as your trap speed and time is inline with others than you can be assure you had an appropriate power gain. Otherwise your going to be spending $100 for a dyno, that might be 20-30hp off.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:55 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG
Hey,

Have been trying to get to the bottom of this with the customer. He was in contact with one of the guys from our engineering team but it seems that his dyno operator / tuner mislead him and cost him additional money for no reason, not to mention they opened his ECU. He is obviously at an unexpected loss financially and we are now working on a resolution for him if the dyno operator does not assist him.

Just a heads up for all of you, when you get the personal tuner or a tune on this platform there is NO longer a need to have your ECU opened and if you have any questions it is best to contact us or whatever tuner you go with first especially when the dyno operator has some financial incentive.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:49 AM

AMG
Originally Posted by 2012C63AMG
The 50+ HP advertised is for none performance package cars...

Its been shown here that performance package cars have minimal gains from a tune. And seeing how the black series is basically a performance pack car with a few extra changes you wont be getting much increase. Just look at the E63 with a tune you they are grabbing what an extra 10-20hp. Vs the C63 without PP you are basically unlocking it to what the E63 plus tune would be, hence the big gains of 50+ hp.

Someone posted a video here of a tune C63 vs PP C63 and they are basically even. Basically the PP car is a factory warranty $5k+ tune from MB since thats what the market wanted.
Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63
Did you use the tune for your Black Series?

As far as I know there is not one tuner out there who has ever advertised 50+ hp for any C63 with PP or BS.
I don't speak English every day but I can read a website :

http://velosdesignwerks.com/products...es-c63-amg-bs/

Gains:

Horsepower: 53 Torque: 38

This is SPECIAL Black Series tune as per the website. However Omar told me lately the BS and standard tunes are the same !!!
And the gains are supposed to be with no other mods ! I have headers & mids.....

I have been fooled by wrong informations on the website and forums.
My car was dynoed on 2 different. 0hp the first time , 12 hp the second time !! And no torque !!

I think I'm in my right to ask for the Tune refund ( a 1400$ value !!! )

And to Velos , the 2nd shop opened the ECU to backup my local custom dyno tune as your tune didn't worked as advertised. No one ever tried to steal something that doesnt work ....

I can make a full thread with evidences if anyone is wondering whats the truth.

Last edited by Kaiba; 11-07-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:07 AM

C63

Gains:

This is SPECIAL Black Series tune as per the website. However Omar told me lately the BS and standard tunes are the same !!!
And the gains are supposed to be with no other mods ! I have headers & mids.....

My car was dynoed on 2 different. 0hp the first time , 12 hp the second time !! And no torque !!

And to Velos , the 2nd shop opened the ECU to backup my local custom dyno tune as your tune didn't worked as advertised. No one ever tried to steal something that doesnt work ....

Please post the dyno sheet for us to see. Let's see what your baseline was compared to your tuned run.

I'm sorry you went through this trouble, but there are a couple things that you need to consider first. Aside from the fact that they advertise 53 hp gains, that doesn't equate to 53 hp gain on the dyno. Albeit 53 hp should not equal +12 hp on a dyno. It is also my understanding that you will not see the results immediately. The ECU needs to adjust and over the course of a few runs you will see improvement. I'm not saying that is your case, but this is what I've read and been told before. Also, when we talk on the forums we usually talk in rwhp gains which may also add to the confusion. Some of us may have read your 50 hp gains as rwhp and immediately started talking about how the C63 without PP gains about 50 rwhp from a tune.

With regards to Velos, I've called them out before on their crappy marketing. They really should find someone to rewrite their content because it is full of contradictions and misinformation.

The first time I read "Velos Designwerks has been able to increase the Naturally aspirated V8’s power to 497 BHP and 477 lb-ft of torque (SAE Corrected). This is an increase of over 16% in HP." I was confused because they are claiming a 92 hp gain. Now if our car starts with 451 hp and we add 92 hp that would be considerably more than 497 bhp. BHP is brake horsepower and is what is measured at the crank, not the same as rwhp which is the power measured at the wheels.

Now read the following and tell me if you would buy an E63 tune from them.

The AMG E63 returned in the naturally aspirated form boasting 518HP at 6800 rpm but the team at Velos Designwerks was well aware of its full potential. The Velos Designwerks have been able to remap the cars software to enhance the overall driving experience by increasing the car's power output as well as making changes to the software to improve your everyday driving experience. Through countless house of dyno testing the Velos Designwerks has been able to increase the Naturally aspirated V8’s power to 497 BHP and 477 lb-ft of torque (SAE Corrected).

First, the E63 only had 507 hp from 2007-2009. They got the additional 11 hp in 2010. So which car was tested to achieve the 62 hp gains? If I were to tune a 2010 E63 would I only gain 52 hp? According to their text I would lose 19hp from adding their tune, but that is probably a typo since they seemed to have copy/pasted word for word from the C63 page.

I'm sorry, but WTF? Who writes this material? I don't feel like searching back through my posts, but I have brought up these questions in the past. The dyno sheets provided as examples are too small to read and they have posted dyno examples for a "stock" C63 showing considerable gains that turned out to actually have filters and exhaust work done. It's called false advertising.

Anyway, it all seemed shady to me and I would not buy from them. They seem to do much better when providing results for BMW tunes than Mercedes which is surprising to me since they give good quality information with dyno sheets and details of mods. So why aren't they doing the same with Mercedes or at least the C63?

Hopefully it all works out. I know how disappointing it is not seeing the results you hoped for. I'm in the same boat right now and trying to figure out what is wrong with my car. My first dyno will be on Saturday to see what I am getting out of my tune and LTH header setup. Either I'm doing something terribly wrong on the track (fastest is 11.913 @ 119mph) or there are other issues I need to be looking into.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:17 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

AMG

Gains:

Ok,

Here we go again. I have been trying to explain to the customer that he was clearly lied to by the "first" tuner/dyno operator in France. I told the customer that the software "Versions" between a Black Series and Normal C63 are the same. The information inside may be different but the actual version that you need access to is the same. Without going into too much an individual cannot tune any of these cars via the OBD2 port without access to these versions.

I have a long email trail with this individual where he clearly states that he has given me wrong information and that the dyno operator did not know what he was doing. He then goes on to say the software was "backed up" by the second tuner. I have also asked for our personal tuner back to begin any refund process and then he asked me to keep it because it is "useful". So to be clear I am being asked to refund a personal tuner which he still has in his possession and wants to keep or refund a portion even though the software was already backed up. Mind you we have independent tests as well as the quickest C63 with a tune only in the country right now.

At the end of the day I understand he was lied to and just want to work with him to resolve this but I can do nothing when he has everything he paid for.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:26 AM

AMG
Please see attached the dyno graphs.........
1st graph : stock ( 500 hp ) vs Velos ( 510 hp )
2nd graph : custom tune ( 536 hp ) vs Velos ( 523 hp )
No comments on the torque line !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a automotive addict , I just love to drive my cars. The website shows Horsepower : 53. I don't care about whp or bhp or whp. My car made 500hp stock , I should get 553hp or approx with only a tune. I have headers and mids on top of it and only get +12hp

Thats my point.

Website is giving wrong informations and pushing the customer to buy incorrect software.

I know they have very good C63 out there with fast times. Mine just doesnt work as advertised so I want my money back. Thats a fair request I think !

They are just hidding themselves behind the "they opened the ECU" false issue. Again , who would get a defective tune .....

They are pretty new to the AMG world and the "first" ( as they said... ) unsatisfied customer should not be beaten to death....

OP : sorry for hijack..
Attached Thumbnails VELOS Handheld Tuner - Review of the entire purchase/install-stock-vs-velos.jpg   VELOS Handheld Tuner - Review of the entire purchase/install-custom-vs-velos.jpg  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:30 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

AMG
The information advertised is correct and has been proven several times over and over. You are leaving out the part where the car was at a shop/dyno/tuner who first loaded the wrong file (according to your email) and then told you he loaded the correct file but it made no power. He somehow sat in the car and tuned it from the drivers seat and then the car made power. This is not possible because the tuning equipment to do that does not exist. He simply lied to you and then waited untill the time was right and loaded our correct file and ran the dyno.

Regardless I have offered you a refund if you return everything. Thanks.

Please see attached the dyno graphs.........
1st graph : stock ( 500 hp ) vs Velos ( 510 hp )
2nd graph : custom tune ( 536 hp ) vs Velos ( 523 hp )
No comments on the torque line !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a automotive addict , I just love to drive my cars. The website shows Horsepower : 53. I don't care about whp or bhp or whp. My car made 500hp stock , I should get 553hp or approx with only a tune. I have headers and mids on top of it and only get +12hp

Thats my point.

Website is giving wrong informations and pushing the customer to buy incorrect software.

I know they have very good C63 out there with fast times. Mine just doesnt work as advertised so I want my money back. Thats a fair request I think !

They are just hidding themselves behind the "they opened the ECU" false issue. Again , who would get a defective tune .....

They are pretty new to the AMG world and the "first" ( as they said... ) unsatisfied customer should not be beaten to death....

OP : sorry for hijack..

AMG
Originally Posted by VelosDesignwerks
Ok,

Here we go again. I have been trying to explain to the customer that he was clearly lied to by the "first" tuner/dyno operator in France. I told the customer that the software "Versions" between a Black Series and Normal C63 are the same. The information inside may be different but the actual version that you need access to is the same. Without going into too much an individual cannot tune any of these cars via the OBD2 port without access to these versions.

I have a long email trail with this individual where he clearly states that he has given me wrong information and that the dyno operator did not know what he was doing. He then goes on to say the software was "backed up" by the second tuner. I have also asked for our personal tuner back to begin any refund process and then he asked me to keep it because it is "useful". So to be clear I am being asked to refund a personal tuner which he still has in his possession and wants to keep or refund a portion even though the software was already backed up. Mind you we have independent tests as well as the quickest C63 with a tune only in the country right now.

At the end of the day I understand he was lied to and just want to work with him to resolve this but I can do nothing when he has everything he paid for.
Come on Omar .... You never advised me to send the Tuner back to being the refund.......
Then I told you I can pay the Tuner but not the tune as it is not working....

I want to get out of this but you never gave me a refund amount ....

C63
Let me be clear, I do not have a tune from Velos. I have a tune from Eurocharged. I believe the results from both tunes on the C63 are within a couple hp of each other depending on the car.

I am only calling out the misinformation on the website. I believe you guys have a strong tune and I know for a fact that you make BMW's run like beasts so I am not knocking your product or ability to provide the results.

What I am knocking is your website content and other marketing forum posts concerning the Mercedes tunes from Velos. They have caused confusion in the past and continue to do so for some people.

If you read your own content you will see that it either contradicts itself or just plain doesn't add up. You are a reliable vendor with a valuable product, but the information you are providing to prospective customers is incorrect. I'm not here against you. I am here providing you with constructive feedback AND examples of content from your website that is false and misleading.

Please consider this my response to your PM.

Last edited by HoozyerdaddyC63; 11-07-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:35 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

AMG
Come on Omar .... You never advised me to send the Tuner back to being the refund.......
Then I told you I can pay the Tuner but not the tune as it is not working....

I want to get out of this but you never gave me a refund amount ....
Check your email. Several options listed. FYI if I posted the email chain I would be considered an idiot for being held at fault for what your local shop did to you. I just hate to see innocent people taken for advantage and in this case we will take the loss. Here are the facts

1. Your shop lied to you and loaded wrong tune
2. Said it only made 10HP which is laughable (honest truth)
3. Another shop opened your ECU at your request and backed up your tune
4. You want refund but you want handheld
5. This basically means give me my money back but I want your personal tuner and the software is already on the personal tuner and has ALSO been backed up by another shop.

Thank you.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:38 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

AMG
Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63
Let me be clear, I do not have a tune from Velos. I have a tune from Eurocharged. I believe the results from both tunes on the C63 are within a couple hp of each other depending on the car.

I am only calling out the misinformation on the website. I believe you guys have a strong tune and I know for a fact that you make BMW's run like beasts so I am not knocking your product or ability to provide the results.

What I am knocking is your website content and other marketing forum posts concerning the Mercedes tunes from Velos. They have caused confusion in the past and continue to do so for some people.

If you read your own content you will see that it either contradicts itself or just plain doesn't add up. You are a reliable vendor with a valuable product, but the information you are providing to prospective customers is incorrect. I'm not here against you. I am here providing you with constructive feedback AND examples of content from your website that is false and misleading.

Please consider this my response to your PM.
Understood, will address. Thanks and hope everything works out with your car.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:41 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

AMG
Kaiba, we can finish this via email. I do not like discussing customers business publicly. Thanks.

BTW here is a review from a Black Series customer that does not like posting on the forums.

Hi Omar & Jean,

I just wanted to send over a review of your tune to you guys. I realize it's a little long too. On the other hand, it's 100% honest and completely how I really feel...and then some!

Cheers,

Txxxxx

I put my order for a C63 Black Series in the late summer of 2011 and so I had plenty of time to think about what tuning and mods I might add to the car (if any) and who I wanted to have do it. I knew there were a lot of tuners tuning the C63 and P31 and so I took my sweet time deciding which tuner to go with. I was looking for a tuner with a solid reputation for both performance and reliability and I didn’t want to do anything to the car that I could undo and maker stock later. In the end I seriously considered half a dozen tuners and though it took me three or four months to finally make my decision to go with Omar and Jean at Velos Designwerks, I couldn’t be happier with the result.

I received my tune (the “Performance Software for Mercedes C63 Black Series”), with the personal USB tuner, and was very impressed with how slick and easy the process was. The personal tuner plugged into the port—located under the steering wheel—and was able to get the original file read and sent to Jean via email in just a few minutes. I received the new Velos map later the same day. After installing the map onto the personal tuner and then onto the car (Jean talked me thru it on the phone) I was ready to see if this tune was for real or not.

It was. I don’t have access to a dyno nearby so I was forced to rely on my finely-tuned and highly-experienced butt to make the before-and-after assessment. Idle sounded and felt exactly the same as stock. I left the shift control in C (Controlled Efficiency) mode initially as I headed out the driveway and onto the road. Even in C mode—where the car starts in second gear and upshifts as soon as it feasibly can (and in generally a mellow way)—there was a difference. The greatly improved throttle response, more than anything, caught my attention. Whereas things were sluggish and easy-going before, now throttle response was crisp and instant. I had to learn to adapt by not pressing as hard on the gas for the previously desired result now. The change was significant and very noticeable. Everything just felt much tighter and more responsive.

I let the car warm up completely before I switched the shift control to S+ mode and came onto a long freeway onramp ahead of me. I pressed the throttle to the floor and BAM! The gear changes—which I had thought were great before, by the way—were completely transformed. Every upshift now was lightning fast and was accompanied by that marvelous booming noise you hear coming out of DTM C63s. I got massive wheelspin in the first upshift, of course, but now also wheelspin going into third and a nice loud chirp into fourth. And I live at 4000’ and therefore loose about 12% HP compared to sea level. Impressive to say the least! I felt like Jeremy Clarkson and wanted to start licking my steering wheel! But I refrained.

The with Velos’ tune over stock is just night and day to me. Of course, I realize my observations are subjective. But I’ve owned a number of very fast cars and my “butt dyno” tells me that the car literally feels like it has as much new-found power as the Black Series did over the stock C63 when I got it. Way more power and way more torque. But that’s not the best thing (I know, it should be). The best thing is the very real-world change to the personality of the car. It’s a Black Series so even stock it should be raw and brutal, right? But it wasn’t. Sure, it was fast but it never was in personality like my old Viper or my Porsche Turbo S was. Of course. It felt like the fastest Mercedes I’d ever owned and it fully lived up to my expectations as that. It was competent, fast, and refined. And classy.

After the Velos tune, however, I can honestly sense a strong schizophrenia about the car. It really does have two distinct personalities now: the extremely capable, refined, familiar Mercedes personality “C-mode” in which you can take your wife or mother somewhere and never arouse their ire… OR a nasty, brutal, barking, black-in-black personality I just can’t get enough of. And all from a tune? I simply wouldn’t have thought it possible. No way.
It has occurred to me a number of times since that had this tune been in place when Chris Harris, Clarkson and the other auto journalists had done their testing of the C63 Black Series there simply wouldn’t been the complaints of “Well, yes it’s just so marvelous but the gearchanges are just a bit of a letdown, just a bit too slow.” It would have been a different story, I have to believe.

Does the Velos tune turn the car into a Viper- or Lambo-eater? Of course not. Is it a second faster in the quarter? Again, of course not. Is it more fun to drive? Oh yes. Does it suddenly upshift and downshift like it means business? Oh yes. Does it put a big fat smile on my face now? OH YES!

I just couldn’t be happier. Thanks, Omar and Jean—you guys rock!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:59 AM

AMG
Omar you are definitely a smart guy so we will find a solution.

You never proposed me to send back the tuner to get a full refund. If sending the tuner back will get my 1700$ back , please send me the cnee adress right away.
My bad on the tuner , I didnt realized the tune would still be in the tuner....

The tuner def works. The tune doesnt. I can send you everything back but I want my money back. No way Im paying for something that doesnt work.

You keep telling the shop lied. The dyno graph doesnt...

Nice story from your customer. Still no dyno numbers... words are words.... happy he enjoys the car but that doednt help me. Where did you find the +50 HP advertised ??
Also the customer says he received the tune before sending the original stock file ??? And my file was never named "xxxxxx black series"..

Actually I dont care if the tune works on other car. Im sure it does !!! It doesnt on mind and I have dyno graph to prove... End of the line.

Im tired of fighting and just want to end this so please agree the tune doesnt work ON MY CAR , I send you the tuner back and you send my money back... end of it and we are all happy....
Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

AMG
Omar you are definitely a smart guy so we will find a solution.

My bad on the tuner , I didnt realized the tune would still be in the tuner....

You keep telling the shop lied. The dyno graph doesnt...

Nice story from your customer. Still no dyno numbers... words are words.... happy he enjoys the car but that doednt help me. Where did you find the +50 HP advertised ??
Also the customer says he received the tune before sending the original stock file ??? And my file was never named "xxxxxx black series"..

Actually I dont care if the tune works on other car. Im sure it does !!! It doesnt on mind and I have dyno graph to prove... End of the line.

Im tired of fighting and just want to end this so please agree the tune doesnt work ON MY CAR , I send you the tuner back and you send my money back... end of it and we are all happy....
Kaiba,

We have dyno charts posted everywhere on the site, flickr, independent results from members, 1/4 times.

You do not understand that the shop never dynoed your car with our tune until the end. He CANNOT tune the car sitting inside of it through the OBD2 port based on what you told me. You also said they downloaded the tune as a backup.

I understand you do not understand how the whole process works which is why it was easy for them to do this to you. Once again EMAIL me and I will do whatever I can to help you and your situation but in the end your car is no different than any other black series we have done whether in house or not.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:13 PM

C63
Understood, will address. Thanks and hope everything works out with your car.
Thanks and please fix your Velos Designwerks Performance Software Holiday Promotion post you guys posted yesterday. Same misinformation and confusion.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:36 PM

AMG
Kaiba,

We have dyno charts posted everywhere on the site, flickr, independent results from members, 1/4 times.

You do not understand that the shop never dynoed your car with our tune until the end. He CANNOT tune the car sitting inside of it through the OBD2 port based on what you told me. You also said they downloaded the tune as a backup.

I understand you do not understand how the whole process works which is why it was easy for them to do this to you. Once again EMAIL me and I will do whatever I can to help you and your situation but in the end your car is no different than any other black series we have done whether in house or not.
Many people advised that your charts are difficult to understand as too much different from one to another...

My shop will write you everything by mail. I told you that the backup made was for the stock tune.

As per your understanding , the shop inserted the stock tune in the car ( 0 hp ). Then following your logic , they made a backup of a stock c63 file !!!! Wow what a useless point...

Again i have the one of 5 black series in france. The shop will probably never see any black for 10 years... why would they care downloading your tune ??????

I can understand why you are trying to hold on but you have no proof where i already have two..... remember i used two dyno shops ... so the two lied ??? They are 300km appart ....

I dont want to talk by mail as you def. Dont want to refund me fo the whole part. You are asking me the tuner + my ECU for a 400$ refund ???? Wow...

I want to let everyone know so they can make their mind and maybe agree with me. Just to be sure im not crazy lol
Old 11-07-2012, 12:53 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

AMG
Many people advised that your charts are difficult to understand as too much different from one to another...

My shop will write you everything by mail. I told you that the backup made was for the stock tune.

As per your understanding , the shop inserted the stock tune in the car ( 0 hp ). Then following your logic , they made a backup of a stock c63 file !!!! Wow what a useless point...

Again i have the one of 5 black series in france. The shop will probably never see any black for 10 years... why would they care downloading your tune ??????

I can understand why you are trying to hold on but you have no proof where i already have two..... remember i used two dyno shops ... so the two lied ??? They are 300km appart ....

I dont want to talk by mail as you def. Dont want to refund me fo the whole part. You are asking me the tuner + my ECU for a 400$ refund ???? Wow...

I want to let everyone know so they can make their mind and maybe agree with me. Just to be sure im not crazy lol
I have to response because this is public.

I do not care about them opening your ECU. I also cannot sit here and try to explain to you how the entire tuning process works on this platform because it will just end up being really confusing. Your story has changed several times the only thing that remains is the following.

1. You have the personal tuner in your possession as we all all software files loaded to it. You asked me to keep this and I said I cannot do that.

2. What was alarming at this point is the fact that if the personal tuner still works which clearly it does the ONLY person that can send you files for it would be US. Meaning the file currently in your car is still our file regardless of what they told you.

3. I offered to discuss this via email because I am against going back and forth with customers publicly because no good comes out of it.

4. Fact is the person you went to had a FINANCIAL incentive to provide you with a "custom" tune. As most people know you can manipulate a dyno and even more so you can manipulate the personal tuner to pretend to load whatever file.

Fun fact... The OP in this thread loaded the incorrect file if I am not mistaken and was upset. It has also happened with BMW customers. Imagine how easy it is. I am not saying the dyno charts are wrong, I am saying the person did not run the car on the dyno with our tuned file.

After all of this I will try to resolve this somehow and refund you something.

You don't just email saying "Hey I went to dyno and your tune didnt work so I got custom tune after the same person used your information and now I want my money back"... while you still have everything.

p.s. I could understand maybe 20 or 25 HP but only 10 HP when we have some of the quickest cars out there. EVERY tune on the market will accomplish more than this on this platform.

edit: This will be my last post to you publicly out of respect for your situation.

Best Regards,

Last edited by oliver@velosdesignwerks.com; 11-07-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Oh t'es français lol
Old 11-07-2012, 12:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 coupe P31, '11 G37s, '12 RR Evoque Prestige '10 QX56
Basically the PP car is a factory warranty $5k+ tune from MB since thats what the market wanted.
The SLS parts (lightweight forged internals and lightweight crankshaft) and the upgraded AMG compound braking system are worth more than $5k. The 30hp and carbon wing are just plusses (but not "$5k" +'s).

The best bet and cheapest is to just go to a the drag strip... Otherwise your going to be spending $100 for a dyno, that might be 20-30hp off.
^This.

... remember i used two dyno shops ...
This could be the cause of your gripe. Two different dynos, different days/conditions, can equal vastly different dyno results.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VELOS Handheld Tuner - Review of the entire purchase/install