C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Piano Black Interior trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63C Diamond White, BMW 325i
Piano Black Interior trim

Hi! So while trying to entertain myself in neuroscience class today I decided to build a R8 for kicks and giggles (V10 btw) but I came across the piano black inlay. i remember test driving a C63 with this trim but now when I go to the site it is not an option for trim nor did my dealer mention this to me as well when I ordered my car. Does anyone have it and have any reviews on it? And also do any of you know if I can order this for my C63? Thanks as always boys
Old 12-05-2012, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I think I saw some folks with piano black. Have you searched yet? I'd ask your dealer to see if you can get that on your ordered car.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Well technically our center console area is piano black and I am not a fan. Wish they had kept it Carbon Fiber like the rest of my trim. I can provide a pic if youd like.

Edit: Uploaded a pic. You can see it around the gear shifter and the ashtray cover as well as around the center volume knob. I can take a better pic later.

P.S. I just dont like it because fingerprints show way to quickly on it so I am constantly wiping it.

Last edited by SaphGreyC63; 12-05-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
It also scratches really easily - I'd stay away from it unless you're fine with specialized cleaning cloths / never spilling on it / etc.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
I dont remember there ever being a piano black trim option - only aluminum, CF, black ash (wood), or burl walnut.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 430 Likes on 353 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
I don't see it offered on the US site under Build Your Own but it is available on the Canadian site.
http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/...upholstery_tag
Old 12-06-2012, 06:46 PM

E55, 2013 C63 Coupe
I'm not sure about the C class, but the CL does have a Piano Black Lacquer trim option (W69). Like the previous posters mentioned, this would be a huge pain to keep clean. http://www.mercedes-amg.com/designo/...class_c216/en/
Old 12-06-2012, 11:29 PM

2013 C63 coupe PP31......BMW 330
wrap the piano black with clear vinyl....for protection
Old 12-07-2012, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Shayna-

You should be very excited, but patient as well. For once you get to the factory in
Germany, there are all kinds of options and goodies that await you. And you will be able to add/delete many options right then and there. And they will do it!!!

It is such a wonderful experience. And the AMG showroom awaits you with "magic" that the computers in the USA/Canada can't even see. You might come home with a completely different configuration. It must be an agonizing wait, but your day will come!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 AM

Hi guys! Sorry this is coming randomly late. I have been studying for finals and writing 2 20 page papers. I actually have my biochemistry final in 1.5 hours but I really don't care anymore

So yea it seems like from majority of your responses that this piano black will get dirty/fingerprint-markings pretty easily and that won't work because I am pretty OCD. Not that I am a mess or anything, I just can't deal with fingerprints, I would need to clean it all the time. That kind of sucks but it is really pretty. So I guess I will just have to stick with the aluminum. Btw any thoughts on the aluminum with the porcelain black interior? Or I guess better question does anyone prefer the burl walnut with that interior combo? I heard most order CF or aluminum but just wanted to see if anyone had anything positive to say in this regard. Thanks again boys

If you haven't seen that combo here's a link: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...33727153&Log=0
Old 12-12-2012, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
If you have cf ordered, stay with that. It looks amazing!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by jordanaf
Shayna-

You should be very excited, but patient as well. For once you get to the factory in
Germany, there are all kinds of options and goodies that await you. And you will be able to add/delete many options right then and there. And they will do it!!!

It is such a wonderful experience. And the AMG showroom awaits you with "magic" that the computers in the USA/Canada can't even see. You might come home with a completely different configuration. It must be an agonizing wait, but your day will come!
Hi jordanaf! Thanks for your inspiring response. But yea my parents officially cut me off to any adds to my car that will cost them after I added my LSD. LOL.I started out with a $75k budget and now I am at $85k. So when we get to that part of the factory my mom will probably be giving me the look, ignoring my comments, turning the other way, or zone out on her phone. haha. But nonetheless that sounds amazing. Yea this wait is driving me crazy, but it's funny you mention it. I was telling my cousin the other day that I kinda feel pregnant with this car since I've am going to wait 7 months for it. Hah. I have yet to find out what the gender is. LOL.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
You're debating something that doesn't exist. Piano black trim is not an option in the US, period. You will need to have it custom done at AMG and it will cost 1/8th of the car itself.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Fung63
If you have cf ordered, stay with that. It looks amazing!
I wish Fung, I have aluminum
My parents cut me off, they said no more adds that will cost them.
Oh and no more talks about wraps, wheels, and carbon fiber diffusers or mirrors, until the car is here. Isn't that harsh?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by rory breaker
You're debating something that doesn't exist. Piano black trim is not an option in the US, period. You will need to have it custom done at AMG and it will cost 1/8th of the car itself.
Interesting... I guess the car I saw with it was a custom order by the dealership? I didn't know it wasn't a option here since there use to be one in SD that was diamond white with the piano black trim back in september. I actually looked at but didn't like the solid black leather and no blind spot assist. But that's good info to know
Old 12-12-2012, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Dont get the CF from MB. I did and wish I got it through MA carbon since it would have covered the entire console not just the dash and doors.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Or get the factory CF and then have MAcarbon or DCTMS or any of those guys to do the center console in CF. Doesn't make sense to not get it even if it's partial since you can just have the other parts done in CF later.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
Or get the factory CF and then have MAcarbon or DCTMS or any of those guys to do the center console in CF. Doesn't make sense to not get it even if it's partial since you can just have the other parts done in CF later.
The only reason it makes sense is cost.

The entire MAcarbon kit for a coupe costs $2250 on their site (maybe contacting them might get you a slightly better deal)

Just for the doors and dash from MB costs $2590.

The other reason is if you are planning on doing the whole thing, by getting it all done from MA you know it will all look exactly the same.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
Originally Posted by sha1na_AMG
Interesting... I guess the car I saw with it was a custom order by the dealership? I didn't know it wasn't a option here since there use to be one in SD that was diamond white with the piano black trim back in september. I actually looked at but didn't like the solid black leather and no blind spot assist. But that's good info to know
Dealership would never spend the $ to get a one-off trim made. Either your eyes were deceiving you or if it was listed online, it was listed incorrectly. Black ash is an option, but never on a C63 in the US has piano black trim been an option 2008-2012. The only exception would be if it's so new to 2013 that the build site hasnt been updated.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by dboutros

The entire MAcarbon kit for a coupe costs $2250 on their site (maybe contacting them might get you a slightly better deal)

The other reason is if you are planning on doing the whole thing, by getting it all done from MA you know it will all look exactly the same.
While I do follow your logic and I had the same conclusion before I got my trim done. After I got my trim done (and for quite a good price) I'd still prefer the official OEM quality which is going to be perfect, whereas, aftermarket is near perfect. The twill pattern is the same so I wouldn't fear it not matching, and the pieces are separate from each other anyways.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:56 PM

C63
i have the piano black center console trim and i love it. I had full CF on my previosu M3 and didnt think of piano black until i got my c63. It goes well with the aluminum trim. love it
Old 12-12-2012, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
Originally Posted by Aresh
i have the piano black center console trim and i love it. I had full CF on my previosu M3 and didnt think of piano black until i got my c63. It goes well with the aluminum trim. love it
In the 12+ in the US every car has piano black around the shifter. None have piano black trim (where your aluminum is). 08-11 the shifter surround matches the dash trim.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

Black Ash is the standard C63 trim in Aus, but that doesn't include the console area around the auto shifter which is in Piano black....very shiny, & yes, it does show marks, but it's no big deal.....it looks OK, but I wouldn't want it in the rest of the car..door trims etc.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by sha1na_AMG
Hi jordanaf! Thanks for your inspiring response. But yea my parents officially cut me off to any adds to my car that will cost them after I added my LSD. LOL.I started out with a $75k budget and now I am at $85k. So when we get to that part of the factory my mom will probably be giving me the look, ignoring my comments, turning the other way, or zone out on her phone. haha. But nonetheless that sounds amazing. Yea this wait is driving me crazy, but it's funny you mention it. I was telling my cousin the other day that I kinda feel pregnant with this car since I've am going to wait 7 months for it. Hah. I have yet to find out what the gender is. LOL.
Hey-

Do not worry about your mom and her eye roll or her saying, "NO!" If you switch out the interior package at AMG, when you pick your car up, it shouldn't cost your anything. Unless of course you ask for some wild custom job. As long as you stick to the factory pieces, you should be fine.

I know you have a lot going on right now and shouldn't be worrying about this. Just keep this in the back of your mind and above all else, you will find out when you get to the factory to take delivery. Fantasize now, but you will see reality later!! Either way, you will come home, eventually, with a dope ride!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
While I do follow your logic and I had the same conclusion before I got my trim done. After I got my trim done (and for quite a good price) I'd still prefer the official OEM quality which is going to be perfect, whereas, aftermarket is near perfect. The twill pattern is the same so I wouldn't fear it not matching, and the pieces are separate from each other anyways.
Originally Posted by dboutros

Hi! Yea I was thinking of wrapping CF in the end if I really ended up wanting it but both of you present very valid and good points. And thank goodness it won't be here for a while so I have some time to chew over this and convince if needed. BTW xxGenericSNxx how much better would you say the quality of the OEM is? And dboutros have you seen the MAcarbon kit in person by chance? Just curious to know how it stands up against your OEM CF. Thanks for these suggestions it adds to the list of things I can think of until my car gets here. hah.

*Oh and I forgot to add... thanks dboutros for uploading an example pic of the piano black in the center console

Last edited by sha1na_AMG; 12-13-2012 at 04:55 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Piano Black Interior trim