C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Question about internet browsing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 11:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
Question about internet browsing

I'm yet to receive my car and want to know, if the in car browsing is done using your cellphone as a hotspot?

what is MBrace?

tks.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Ask AnthonyMcKay. He's been using it on his.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Crazy4Cars
I'm yet to receive my car and want to know, if the in car browsing is done using your cellphone as a hotspot?

what is MBrace?

tks.
MBrace is a service offered by MB that gives you a few different features. I find it most useful for the app you can install on an iphone, and use to send an address to your car's Nav, lock/unlock it if you lose your keys, and locate your car on a map. It also provides you with the ability to use the apps built into the car (Facebook, Browser, Yelp, etc). There are also OnStar-esque abilities as well as a concierge service I think? and some other little things. This is a service you must pay for.

The car has a built in data connection. Pretty sure it's just Edge or GPRS. Either way, the apps available to use are crap, and the data connection is god aweful slow. Using the center console dial to input a URL/move a "mouse" cursor around, or "type" a facebook status update is a pain in the ***. All in all, the apps are more of a gimmick that exist for the sake of existing, but are basically useless. If I'm parked sitting in my car, and I want to check my facebook, or do a google search, I'll just use my smartphone...

Question about internet browsing-sdh2a.jpg

Last edited by anthonymckay; 12-11-2012 at 11:01 AM.