C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Front cover leaking oil

Old 12-16-2012, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLK63 AMG
Front cover leaking oil

This is the diagnosis from the dealer. I suspect worse but the engine comes out.

If this is the case. Can anyone tell me what to do, say, to the shop foreman regarding the headbolt and valve bucket issues with my m156.

I do not mind investing in preventative maintenance!!!

So, if an m156 engine is on a stand, how many additional labor hours is needed to replace the headbolts and valve buckets. From some of the pics I see, there are 2 bolts that attach to the front cover thru the heads, meaning that the valve covers have to be removed in order to remove the front cover. If this is true, can anyone who has updated/replaced the valve buckets and headbolts chime in on how many additional hours it will take to do this operation. I will be purchasing ARP Studs and SLS valve buckets and associated gaskets for the PM.

I see various times but I assume these are times for an engine still in the car. I have CLK63.

Sadly enough, this is my first post. But this is my first MBZ, had 993, esprits, EVOs, STI, Grand Nationals, E46 M3, and so forth. All I can say is this car is a blast and I want to keep it for many years.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Not sure about hours, but if your that far already, get it done ARP studs and SLS buckets like you said.

I know you could get the SLS buckets from online parts stores for cheaper.