C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Front Seat Wiring Diagrams

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Volkswagen Jetta
Front Seat Wiring Diagrams

I'm looking to swap a set of 2009 C63 seats into my VW. What I need to find out from someone is a wiring diagram, or a pinout diagram, showing me exactly what each wire does. From my research it sounds like there is a control module in the seats, can anyone elaborate on what the control module does indeed control. When I looked at the seats yesterday I noticed four plugs, one large black one, a yellow one for airbags, and two other small four pin ones, which I assume provides power to the heat and lumbar/bolster adjustment functions.

I intend on building a handheld controller to operate the recline and seat base positions which can be switched back and forth between the driver and passenger sides and having the lumbar and bolster adjustments active full time. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by lessthanalex; 01-07-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 PM

2006 Volkswagen Jetta
Bump, picking up the seats this week, someone has this info.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
your going to have a difficult time. The seats have a seat control module that receives its inputs via the interior can system. The seat module also controls the normalization of the seat motors measuring the hall sensor for positioning in order to use for seat memory and movement calibration. First the signal is given from the seat switch to the door control module than to the interior can network. So unless you are extremely smart and have all these parts and more its not going to work like factory. Even than so you will need a central gateway t and other parts to be able to connect to the sds in order to normalize the movement limits/travel and calibration of the seat motors. You can however directly wire the motors up to switches and bypass the seat module. good luck, they are badass seats, let me know if you want to sell them
Old 01-17-2013, 09:04 AM

2006 Volkswagen Jetta
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
your going to have a difficult time. The seats have a seat control module that receives its inputs via the interior can system. The seat module also controls the normalization of the seat motors measuring the hall sensor for positioning in order to use for seat memory and movement calibration. First the signal is given from the seat switch to the door control module than to the interior can network. So unless you are extremely smart and have all these parts and more its not going to work like factory. Even than so you will need a central gateway t and other parts to be able to connect to the sds in order to normalize the movement limits/travel and calibration of the seat motors. You can however directly wire the motors up to switches and bypass the seat module. good luck, they are badass seats, let me know if you want to sell them
So I've found wiring diagrams for w124 power seat switches. I'm thinking I'll pick up two of those and match up the wires to the pins on the seats. To determine the seat pins I'm going to use a 12v power probe.
Old 12-23-2023, 08:58 PM

82 sec
Originally Posted by lessthanalex
So I've found wiring diagrams for w124 power seat switches. I'm thinking I'll pick up two of those and match up the wires to the pins on the seats. To determine the seat pins I'm going to use a 12v power probe.
Hey, I'm looking to pick c63 amg seats as well... Did you figure out the wiring?

I'm thinking straight connecting to the motors from the seat plug in my c126.
​​​​​

Let me know.
Old 12-27-2023, 06:09 PM

Received 220 Likes on 141 Posts
2010 C63 AMG RIP. 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2013 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by Sec82
Hey, I'm looking to pick c63 amg seats as well... Did you figure out the wiring?

I'm thinking straight connecting to the motors from the seat plug in my c126.
​​​​​

Let me know.
10 years later... some say, "he is still working on the wiring".
The following 2 users liked this post by sventastic82:
AMGSPY (12-27-2023), Joshinator99 (12-27-2023)