Here's why I love my bodyshop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Here's why I love my bodyshop

I have a solid relationship with my bodyshop guy, Mark. He is super cool about anything that I've needed whether it be shipping my wheels to HRE for me, experimenting with Opticoat, custom painting various parts of my car, etc.

Since I'm now on my 3rd bumper, (he has it and will install it when my Vorsteiner lip comes in next week) he wants to experiment on my current (2nd) bumper and lip. The frame of the bumper is cracked and the lip is cracked in 2 places. I asked him about possibly doing a light coating of truck bed lining on the underside of the lip to protect it. He told me that within the last year, one of the bed liner companies came out with a CLEAR application. He actually asked me if I would allow him some experimentation to see if he could "clear coat" my old lip with it and possibly the whole bumper.

I doubt he'll charge me for it since it's purely experimental, but what do you guys think? I'm hoping it'll hold up really well to potential scrapes and debris.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
It's always nice to have a good Bodyshop as a "friend". Mine painted my rear spoiler & helped me several times to install some of my CF parts for free. I always reffered them friends & family though.

As for ur experiment, if it's free & is on ur damaged bumpers.. Go for it & u can report to us.. Maybe some members will follow path if that clear coat is more durable.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Roswell
It's always nice to have a good Bodyshop as a "friend". Mine painted my rear spoiler & helped me several times to install some of my CF parts for free. I always reffered them friends & family though.

As for ur experiment, if it's free & is on ur damaged bumpers.. Go for it & u can report to us.. Maybe some members will follow path if that clear coat is more durable.
Will do! I've referred him a few folks from this board. And I think just having the car at his shop brings him more business. A CLS63 is waiting for a new Vorsteiner kit and HREs. So far, the Opticoat does a good job wicking away the water, but I'll have to test it again since I can't apply it to the freshly painted body panels.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Coupe Edition 1
dang u need a new bumper and front lip. did you hit a pot hole or something?
Old 12-22-2012, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
It's in another thread, but basically, SF tore up Stanyan in the Haight and my car found a graded part of the road the size of a moving truck. There were several on that street.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
It's in another thread, but basically, SF tore up Stanyan in the Haight and my car found a graded part of the road the size of a moving truck. There were several on that street.
So I guess you are trying to repair your current bumper and lip and see how it goes before replacing?
Old 12-22-2012, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
No, either way, the front end us getting replaced. We're just going to toy with ideas to protect the older parts.