C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Number Plate Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Number Plate Question

Yesterday I removed my number plate, cleaned up the mesh underneath and then sprayed it gloss black and clear coated it. Looks much nicer than the old plastic black/grey that was faded. As you can see it was a big improvement from the old one.

Anyway, while the plate was off I took the opportunity to clear off the sticky tape that was previously holding the plate on. Now that it's off, I am trying to get permission from the traffic department in Dubai to have a sticker instead as on the SLR in the attached. If not, I might plate a long plate on the mesh underneath where the normal plate is held.

I was wondering if anyone did this before and if so, if you had any photos?

Do all you keep the plate centered? It kind of hides the sharp corner on the center of the bumper.

Just thinking.

Thanks and hope you all had a great Christmas and enjoy the New Year.
Attached Thumbnails Number Plate Question-c63-number-plate.jpg   Number Plate Question-slr-gold-black-dubai.jpg   Number Plate Question-old-mesh.jpg  

Last edited by C-63AMG; 12-27-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:31 AM

your mom
No front plates. On any of my cars. No drilled holes - No tape. No BS. No nothing.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:33 AM

C63 AMG
Definitely much nicer and lovely garage!

Unfortunately we need to have both front and rear plates on by law as our speed radars are both front and rear facing.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:54 AM

your mom
we had a similar law where we "needed" to have front license plates in California.

But the penalty was $25 - which could be reduced to $10 if you fix it and show it to authorities. It was/is a non-moving violation. That means, they can't pull you over for just that. They could pull you over for speeding and then pile on the ticket for front plates, though.

At one point in time I had it like this

I got a ticket and so I hat to fix it. I had to put plates on for a couple weeks - used zip ties

back in California, my dealer drilled holes in the E550

Eventually, I ended up putting the plate holder, but still didnt want to put the white plates in front.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:02 AM

your mom
Sorry, for whoring your thread with pics.

I just came across some of these pics and have nothing better to do for next 6 hrs. So I decided to post some. Atleast they are related.

On a serious note, instead of drilling holes, you can use Zip-ties to secure the plates to the grill.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 AM

C63 AMG
Hahaha no worries and lovely photos. I wish I didn't need the front plate, it looks so much better without it. Just hoping I can get a sticker as the SLR has although not getting my hopes up for that.