C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Been away for awhile... but I'm back with a C63 BS!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been away for awhile... but I'm back with a C63 BS!!!

Hey guys,

Used to be around MBWORLD before when I had a C55. Just closed the deal on a slightly used C63 BS. Hopefully will be in my garage mid month. I actually wanted one 4 months ago, but was told there were none, and the few available in the nation - all were asking 10k-15k markup. So being an Audi guy, I ordered an S8 (I know, very different car but still amazing). Saw this ad and have been working out the deal and finally got it done.

It's got:
3.7k Miles
Matte Black Paint (Was on the fence about it, but I like the no nonsense look of it)
Aerodynamic Package (I'm one of the few that likes the wing - just my taste)
Matte Black Wheels
AMG Performance Media
Exterior Carbon Fiber Package
And I guess an engine signed by Mario Andretti (Seems like first owner was his neighbor is what I've been told).

Anyways, I'm real excited.. hopefully it will be in my garage mid January!
Attached Thumbnails Been away for awhile... but I'm back with a C63 BS!!!-28884965454.335527052.im1.03.565x421_a.562x421.jpg   Been away for awhile... but I'm back with a C63 BS!!!-28884965458.335527052.im1.07.565x421_a.562x421.jpg  
Old 01-01-2013, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Welcome back to the forum.. A big come back I must say!! Lol

Love the color.. Makes the car so aggressive. Do u mind sharing if u paid over or under msrp? Just curious to know if the market is dropping yet on these cars.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:14 PM

C63, 335i
Welcome back and congrats on the new car!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:17 PM

Thanks guys!! I'd rather talk about it offline - finishing the details (paying full on cash vs financing) right now and I promised the salesperson I would not reveal until after everything is completed and the car is in my possession. It's not the price advertised however.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Congrats, you got a real one, one with the aero package and rear seat delete. You will enjoy it, its a great car.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Congratulations! Great return to AMG!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:28 PM

'07 CLS 63 AMG
Congrats and what a way to come back to the AMG/Mercedes :P
Old 01-01-2013, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart
Congrats, you got a real one, one with the aero package and rear seat delete. You will enjoy it, its a great car.
Yeah, I track sometimes, so I'm actually looking forward to taking it on the track. Wondering how the tires will hold up though.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
congrats.. would be interested to know about pricing too once you have closed the deal.

if i was in the market for a BS, this would be exactly the one I would order too
Old 01-01-2013, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Fung63
congrats.. would be interested to know about pricing too once you have closed the deal.

if i was in the market for a BS, this would be exactly the one I would order too
Seconded. If I was shopping around for one this is EXACTLY it. All the right packages in the right colors.

Congrats!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:26 PM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
ch
Originally Posted by neoprufrok
Thanks guys!! I'd rather talk about it offline - finishing the details (paying full on cash vs financing) right now and I promised the salesperson I would not reveal until after everything is completed and the car is in my possession. It's not the price advertised however.
blah, blah, blah bla, I dont know why but I never liked when people dont want to reveal the price how much they paid or even such detail if it was over or under msrp.. I mean why? I always said how much I paid for the cars I bought, its somethimg I would like other fellow buyers to know because it helps them. I would understand if it was something unique or something like that but not when its just about a random sports car. Okay not really random but still its not THAT unrandom:-) anyways otherwise good luck with your new car and I wish you all the best with it in 2013.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Congrats, great car.

And dude, he clearly says he committed he wouldn't share the price until the deal is done. For whatever reason, that's his choice to make. Considering the deal isn't even done yet, frankly I don't blame him, commitment or no commitment.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:04 PM

2011 C63 AMG
sAw this car on ebay congrats!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, I track sometimes, so I'm actually looking forward to taking it on the track. Wondering how the tires will hold up though.
They do not hold up at all, they are great for the track but plan on replacing after a full day on a road course. There is an entire thread over on PL regarding the tire wear on track.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Djovovic63
ch

blah, blah, blah bla, I dont know why but I never liked when people dont want to reveal the price how much they paid or even such detail if it was over or under msrp.. I mean why? I always said how much I paid for the cars I bought, its somethimg I would like other fellow buyers to know because it helps them. I would understand if it was something unique or something like that but not when its just about a random sports car. Okay not really random but still its not THAT unrandom:-) anyways otherwise good luck with your new car and I wish you all the best with it in 2013.
Random car??? There were 76 2012 Black Series sent to the US, of them less than half were equipped with the aero and track package. If I am not mistaken there were only 21 2013s sent to the US.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:24 PM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
SLS
Thumbs up

Just closed the deal on a slightly used C63 BS. Hopefully will be in my garage mid month. I actually wanted one 4 months ago, but was told there were none, and the few available in the nation - all were asking 10k-15k markup.
Yeah, it was quite a pain getting one this late in the game. You probably handled it more smartly by waiting until things settled down a bit (like now).

Congrats on the grab! It's been my favorite AMG, so far, and I suspect you're going to have a blast!

Welcome back to AMG, and welcome to the C63BS club. We have cookies.

+1

Been eyeballing this one at Expo MC since it popped up on the market. Definitely a mean looking specimen, and a nice catch!

Originally Posted by Roswell
Love the color.. Makes the car so aggressive.
Not sure if you've handled matte paint before, but these guys are awesome: http://www.drbeasleys.com/shop/car-c...-car-care.html

They do not hold up at all, they are great for the track but plan on replacing after a full day on a road course. There is an entire thread over on PL regarding the tire wear on track.
Indeed, definitely read up on that PL thread for some good info (from folks who've burned a lot of rubber, and tried different options). I'm still on my OEM Conti's (non-Track Pkg), but will be facing the tire decision eventually.

Oh! And, yay! Another C63BS in NorCal. We definitely should do a meet + photoshoot + drive, at some point this year.

Last edited by GrnLantern; 01-01-2013 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Merging posts
Old 01-01-2013, 11:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB S63 AMG Coupe Edition 1 and McLaren 650S
Congrats! Awesome! You're going to love matte - it reveals its lines and gives your car a very unique look on the road.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Nice score! And welcome back
Old 01-01-2013, 11:39 PM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
SLS
Originally Posted by nexlogic
Congrats! Awesome! You're going to love matte - it reveals its lines and gives your car a very unique look on the road.
Agreed. And MB has some of the best and most durable matte paints on the market, as I understand it.

Funny, when I started my hunt for a C63BS, I was originally completely opposed to the matte color options. However, after seeing it in person, I am definitely a convert. I especially dig the SLS in matte grey (and am torn between Mystic White and Magno Allanite Grey for the SLS BS).
Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 AM

2008 G55, 2012 C63 BS
Congratulations.
Very nice love the color
Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 AM

2008 G55, 2012 C63 BS
Jrcart.
I'm also planing on taking my C63BS to the track, do you have a link to the PL thread I will like to read about the tire wear on the track.
Thank you
JV
Old 01-02-2013, 02:52 AM

Thanks guys for the welcome and great pointers so far! Like I mentioned earlier, the deal is not yet complete... so there still could be some pitfalls that may deep six the deal. I don't foresee it happening, but I've bought enough cars to know that sometimes things just fall through.

I do fully expect it to come and I'm incredibly excited to be involved with such a great group of enthusiasts and a small community of black series drivers. I hope I can provide some knowledge in the future.

A few questions:

1. I'm reasonably mechanically inclined (installed big brake kits, swapped turbos, and coilovers on my Audi), can I change the ride height of the car? Or is this not a possibility.

2. How do the brakes hold up to track days?

3. Where is this PL that you guys speak of?

Thanks again!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Thanks guys for the welcome and great pointers so far! Like I mentioned earlier, the deal is not yet complete... so there still could be some pitfalls that may deep six the deal. I don't foresee it happening, but I've bought enough cars to know that sometimes things just fall through.

I do fully expect it to come and I'm incredibly excited to be involved with such a great group of enthusiasts and a small community of black series drivers. I hope I can provide some knowledge in the future.

A few questions:

1. I'm reasonably mechanically inclined (installed big brake kits, swapped turbos, and coilovers on my Audi), can I change the ride height of the car? Or is this not a possibility.

2. How do the brakes hold up to track days?

3. Where is this PL that you guys speak of?

Thanks again!
1. Even if you have the skill, you may not have the equipment. Any ride height tinkering may warrant an alignment.

2. I've heard the stock brakes hold up decently. I imagine the BS would be even better.

3. It's the AMG sponsored community for owners only. They also have periodic giveaways. I have gotten decals, a massive calendar, and a Formula1 mouse pad in the last couple of months. You just need a VIN to register.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Agreed. And MB has some of the best and most durable matte paints on the market, as I understand it.

Funny, when I started my hunt for a C63BS, I was originally completely opposed to the matte color options. However, after seeing it in person, I am definitely a convert. I especially dig the SLS in matte grey (and am torn between Mystic White and Magno Allanite Grey for the SLS BS).
Was yours the satin guard done by Premier that I saw on 6speedonline? It looked incredible. Was partly my inspiration. Was thinking of doing it, just to protect the Matte Paint job... I'm assuming its a fairly pricey option. If you don't want to disclose the price online, could you pm me?

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 AM

c63
Originally Posted by Djovovic63
ch

people dont reveal price because all of the morons come out of the wood work and start posting something to the effect of "LOL bro you paid like 100k too much, my cousin invented AMG and he paid me to take the car, learn to negotiate"

OP... congratulations. I love it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Been away for awhile... but I'm back with a C63 BS!!!