C63 iPod / Aux Input

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
C63 iPod / Aux Input

Hey Guys,

New C63 owner here. Just picked up a 2010 with the basic package. I am having trouble locating the AUX input in the car. The manual says its in the back right but I don't see it?

I have the iPod interface, which what appears to be an AUX jack on that chord? but when I plug it into my phone and try to pull it up on the menu - I can't select it.

So my question is, where is the AUX jack? And how can I make this work? The iPod interface is useless to me because I use an iPhone 5, but I generally like just controlling my audio off my phone!

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
The Aux jack is attached to the Ipod Integration cable on my 2010. You have to initiate AUX first, then select the music to play from your Iphone. You can't select the songs from the comand screen. Don't forget to turn up the volume on your Iphone 5 or you won't hear any music from your speakers.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:53 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
C63
i think this should be exactly what you're looking for

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...aux-input.html
Old 01-14-2013, 02:53 PM

2010 C63
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
The Aux jack is attached to the Ipod Integration cable on my 2010. You have to initiate AUX first, then select the music to play from your Iphone. You can't select the songs from the comand screen. Don't forget to turn up the volume on your Iphone 5 or you won't hear any music from your speakers.
How do you initiate AUX? It is greyed out on my nav screen.

Also - I am trying to use the other half of the jack on the ipod connector right? Basically how the iPod connector has 2 halves one is the old ipod input the other is AUX correct? so thats the connection I use?
Old 01-14-2013, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by xcharlesy
How do you initiate AUX? It is greyed out on my nav screen.
Did you purchase the a 3.5mm audio cable? http://www.buy.com/prod/black-3-5mm-...ngId=124135712

I believe you need to connect the device to the AUX connector before you can select it.

Also - I am trying to use the other half of the jack on the ipod connector right? Basically how the iPod connector has 2 halves one is the old ipod input the other is AUX correct? so thats the connection I use?
Yes you are trying to use the other connector that is attached to your Ipod connector. I hope that helps.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM

2010 C63
Did you purchase the a 3.5mm audio cable? http://www.buy.com/prod/black-3-5mm-...ngId=124135712

I believe you need to connect the device to the AUX connector before you can select it.

Yes you are trying to use the other connector that is attached to your Ipod connector. I hope that helps.

Yeah, I have a 3.5mm Monster AUX that I used in my BMW, I have tried plugging it in and playing music but I can't select the option to switch it to AUX, I'm going to attempt to pull the part back like in the thread above (mentioned).
Old 01-14-2013, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, I have a 3.5mm Monster AUX that I used in my BMW, I have tried plugging it in and playing music but I can't select the option to switch it to AUX, I'm going to attempt to pull the part back like in the thread above (mentioned).
I'll try to take some pictures when I get home of how I connect to my AUX setup. The link that requires opening up the glove box is for the 2009-2009 white ipod cables. MY 2010 provided both an Ipod integration and Aux cable to attach to. Does your glovebox include both the black Ipod cable and black AUX input cable?
Old 01-14-2013, 03:24 PM

2010 C63
I'll try to take some pictures when I get home of how I connect to my AUX setup. The link that requires opening up the glove box is for the 2009-2009 white ipod cables. MY 2010 provided both an Ipod integration and Aux cable to attach to. Does your glovebox include both the black Ipod cable and black AUX input cable?
yes, I have the one split connector for the ipod / female 3.5mm connector, its a split connector

although I dont have any visible 3.5mm AUX inputs anywhere else (visible) I can however try and see if I can pull back the glove box, cause id love to route a wire around - under the seat - to the cup holder
Old 01-14-2013, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yes, I have the one split connector for the ipod / female 3.5mm connector, its a split connector

although I dont have any visible 3.5mm AUX inputs anywhere else (visible) I can however try and see if I can pull back the glove box, cause id love to route a wire around - under the seat - to the cup holder
I tried to select AUX without connecting the device first and it is grayed out. You have to connect the device first, then you can select it.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:25 PM

2010 C63
I tried to select AUX without connecting the device first and it is grayed out. You have to connect the device first, then you can select it.
I believe I have resolved this, I was trying to connect both the ipod and iphone at the same time, but aux wasn't showing, so by connecting it, then locating the menu its working.

However,

Does anyone have any issues with vibration of the back speakers? Mine seems to be vibrating with a bit of base on the left side in the rear.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 AM

2000 E320 2009 E550
iPod Intergration Cable

My iPhone 4s shows on the NAV when I attached the AUX cable and select AUX.

The phone does not charge. Do I need another cable to charge from the AUX cable?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E2233
My iPhone 4s shows on the NAV when I attached the AUX cable and select AUX.

The phone does not charge. Do I need another cable to charge from the AUX cable?
If you're using an Iphone 4s, you should connect it to the Ipod integration unit to charge and play the unit. If you're using the old white cable, you need to purchase an adapter to be able to charge your 4s. If you don't have the Ipod integration setup and only have the AUX setup, you will need to use a car charger in addition to the AUX connection.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 PM

2000 E320 2009 E550
iPod Intergration Cable

If you're using an Iphone 4s, you should connect it to the Ipod integration unit to charge and play the unit. If you're using the old white cable, you need to purchase an adapter to be able to charge your 4s. If you don't have the Ipod integration setup and only have the AUX setup, you will need to use a car charger in addition to the AUX connection.
I purchased the vehicle new with the Auxiliary Input Jack in the glovebox & Bluetooth Interface.

There are two black cables in the glovebox one for MP3 and the other for iPhone/iPod. The cables are connected to a module on the upper right side of the glovebox.

I recently purchased an iPhone 4s so this is the first time I tried the AUX cable. The iPhone shows on the display screen. I have not tried to use any of the iPhone applications. I wanted to check out the reason for phone not charging. I have an old iPod that I will try to see if that is charging.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:02 AM

2000 E320 2009 E550
iPod Intergration Cable

I spoke to Mercedes Support a couple of weeks ago about the iPhone 4S not charging. Support said that I need to purchase a power adapter that attaches to the AUX to provide additional power to the iPhone 4S.
Will the power adapter help with the display on the NAV Screen? The phone sometimes shows on the NAV Screen then disappears.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by E2233
I spoke to Mercedes Support a couple of weeks ago about the iPhone 4S not charging. Support said that I need to purchase a power adapter that attaches to the AUX to provide additional power to the iPhone 4S.
Will the power adapter help with the display on the NAV Screen? The phone sometimes shows on the NAV Screen then disappears.
Just get the latest iPod cable form MB. We posted about this recently with the part number, I just don't recall it offhand.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:20 PM

2000 E320 2009 E550
iPod Intergration Cable

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
Just get the latest iPod cable form MB. We posted about this recently with the part number, I just don't recall it offhand.
Will the latest iPod cable fix the display on the NAV Screen?
Old 05-07-2013, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Not sure. Mine always only showed on the speedo area, not the nav screen. In any event, you can go to the parts dept and try it out before buying it. That's what I did with mine.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 PM

2000 E320 2009 E550
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
Not sure. Mine always only showed on the speedo area, not the nav screen. In any event, you can go to the parts dept and try it out before buying it. That's what I did with mine.
Thank you I will try that.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
I've been fighting this ever since I got my iPhone5. Bought all the adapters and still cannot get the Command system to recognize my phone as a music source.
So I used the Command button to click on Audio and scrolled down to "BT Audio" at the bottom of the list.
Clicked on that and the system found my phone and now I am playing my iPod music and also Pandora using Blue Tooth. Do not notice any degradation in sound quality.

By plugging in my iPhone to the adapter in the center storage, I can also charge the phone.

My iPod Nano works fine as a direct plug in and also charges. I just cannot get the Command to recognize my iPhone. BT works just fine.