C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Dealership can't get my car?!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 P31 4 door family car.
Dealership can't get my car?!

Hey guys, little intro my name is mike, I'm a long time lurker of the forum currently have a FBO/meth BMW 335i. So I guess on to my problem just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this happening? This is an email I received from the dealer I ordered my c63 coupe from in sept. I received this email 1-14-13. Does this crap really happen to other people after they agree to price and put deposit down and wait 4months? Any thoughts or opinions welcome.. Thanks guys

Michael,

We are going to have to cancel your order due to Mercedes Benz not giving us the C63 allocation or order, they kept telling us that we had one and would get one and now we know for sure that we can’t. I don’t know what to do from our end. We can keep the order in the bank and see if they will ever fill it, but I know you want your car, the other option would be to call Mercedes Benz yourself and give them a piece of your mind. Our Mercedes Rep is Brianne.

Let me know what you would like me to do

Thanks
Bryan
Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
cancel your order and contact another dealer with better rep, which can handle orders.
I wouldn't deal with incompetent dealers
Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Just go to a volume AMG dealer and they can place the order for you. The dealer you are working with obviously has no pull
Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG S
sorry man, that happened to me with my e92 m3 (in a slightly different way). I put down a deposit and the sales person guaranteed me the car of my choice that was being built for a nearby "friendly" dealer in the area (who they had already spoken with and made a deal to get the car for me)...well, after a month or two of waiting I started getting antsy and asked what the deal was. they gave me the run around and I flat out asked the head of sales "did they sell my car to someone else?...it was supposed to be here a couple weeks ago..."...he said nahhh, no way, we are just having some communication issues with the other dealership.

next morning, I spoke to the sales person who "sold" me the car and he told me the other dealership sold the car out from under them (me)...lol.

their excuse was new ownership at the other dealership after having close ties with the old owners for the last 15 years....yea....right. either I am incredibly unlucky (apparently 1st guy in 15 year at this dealership to have this problem), or they are full of bull.

anyways, good luck on your c63 search...there were only 2 white coupes on the east coast available for purchase when I got mine (and I still had to wait over a month for it to be finished being built and shipped).
Old 01-15-2013, 08:56 AM

Thanks for all the feed back guys. It's kinda sad that this dealer can't deliver a car with me looking like that Frye meme saying "shut up and take my money". I did find another car with the options I wanted only its the sedan I'm thinking of going that route, really don't want to restart the whole order wait 6months for car again. Anyone "settle" for sedan when they wanted a coupe? Any regrets?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 AM

Slow Vehicle
That's sad especially you choosing to switch from bmw to mb, I passed by the dealer and also with my fbo 335i and they ran quickly at me trying to convert me lol. Hope everything gets arranged. I saw get you deposit back and go to an other dealer like kowalski said.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
Yes it is true, it is not incompetence. Every dealer has a certain allocation of models (even leather packages, etc) and when they are gone, they are gone. Mercedes does not produce Chevrolet volumes so cars sell out.

The 2013 GL is the Motor Trend SUV of the Year and they are very hard to find. In 2014 they will produce 350 total GL550s.....There are 375 Benz dealers. Hope you want a GL450, Mr. Customer because you aren't getting a 550.....

There are so many customers that want to give us their money and we can't take it. It makes the dealer just as sick about it as it makes you trying to find your C63. But let me tell you.....I think there are worse things in life aren't there? Talk about your 1st world problems!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:06 AM

2010 E63
Perhaps I can help, I have a great dealer and SA.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Sorry to hear about your misfortune... but do not accept a sedan if you want a coupe (as much as I love my sedan). Always buy the car you want, or else you will regret it in the long run.

P.S Unless you are leasing & changing cars every 3-4 years... and are in a hurry to get a car, I would wait for your coupe.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Sedan is 100% better looking IMO. The lines flow how they were designed. The coupe was cut and chopped to make it.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:02 PM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
Absolutely wait for what you want unless you were originally on the fence between a sedan/coupe. Start expanding your search to other dealers. You know what you want and I bet something close is out there. Yes, it may cost you a plane flight, but then you get to drive your new ride back! No better way to get through the break in period than a long drive back home.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by K_A_R_R
Thanks for all the feed back guys. It's kinda sad that this dealer can't deliver a car with me looking like that Frye meme saying "shut up and take my money". I did find another car with the options I wanted only its the sedan I'm thinking of going that route, really don't want to restart the whole order wait 6months for car again. Anyone "settle" for sedan when they wanted a coupe? Any regrets?
I actually had to "settle".

My issue was that I only had a 1 week window to buy my car. It had to to be done and since I was more adamant about the options packages and having a two-tone interior as opposed to whether it was a coupe or sedan this was the closest thing they could find.

Honestly, I'm very happy with my sedan and considering how many times I've hauled 3+ people those two rear doors came in very handy. Do I still look at coupes and wonder man, i wish i had that? No, not at all. Very happy with the sedan.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 PM

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
2012 C63BS 2009 Ferrari 16M 2016 Cayenne turbo S 2019 G63
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63
I actually had to "settle".

My issue was that I only had a 1 week window to buy my car. It had to to be done and since I was more adamant about the options packages and having a two-tone interior as opposed to whether it was a coupe or sedan this was the closest thing they could find.

Honestly, I'm very happy with my sedan and considering how many times I've hauled 3+ people those two rear doors came in very handy. Do I still look at coupes and wonder man, i wish i had that? No, not at all. Very happy with the sedan.
That's a shame. Has your present dealer offered to go online with other dealers who have a similar car either on order or in inventory. If they won't do that or you they are not worth ever dealing with
At this point, with the attention this site gets I would tell them u r posting their name if they don't trade for a car!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:23 PM

2013 C63 coupe PP31......BMW 330
Originally Posted by K_A_R_R
Hey guys, little intro my name is mike, I'm a long time lurker of the forum currently have a FBO/meth BMW 335i. So I guess on to my problem just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this happening? This is an email I received from the dealer I ordered my c63 coupe from in sept. I received this email 1-14-13. Does this crap really happen to other people after they agree to price and put deposit down and wait 4months? Any thoughts or opinions welcome.. Thanks guys

Michael,

We are going to have to cancel your order due to Mercedes Benz not giving us the C63 allocation or order, they kept telling us that we had one and would get one and now we know for sure that we can’t. I don’t know what to do from our end. We can keep the order in the bank and see if they will ever fill it, but I know you want your car, the other option would be to call Mercedes Benz yourself and give them a piece of your mind. Our Mercedes Rep is Brianne.

Let me know what you would like me to do

Thanks
Bryan
where is this dealer located?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
i dont know what is more sad, that a mb dealer cant get an allocation or MB's system of allocating build.

either way, glad you got the c63. if you do haul 3+ people frequently... i guess sometimes, somethings happen for a reason
Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 AM

I really appreciate all the feedback guys. Ill let y'all know how this all turns out, sedan might actually be better getting my son in and out. In response to where this dealer is it's in Lincoln,Ne we only have two dealers in the state. I'm trading in my 335i so a dealer somewhat close is preferred due to logistics of getting my car there and picking up a new one.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 C63 black series, 2015 C63 507 coupe, 2012 Porsche Cayman R 4.2L 404hp
Coupes are hard to find

I had the same problem with my dealer. Had to call around to find one that had an allocation. Try park place Dallas.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 AM

C63 AMG
One thing I guarantee you is if that were me in your situation, I'd rip them a new one and my car would be with me in a week. I'm semi in the industry and know how they work and I'm in the communications / PR industry as well so know if you speak to the right people, you get things done. I would really rip them a new one after 4 mths of waiting. I mean seriously they would have my car to me in a week.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by C-63AMG
One thing I guarantee you is if that were me in your situation, I'd rip them a new one and my car would be with me in a week. I'm semi in the industry and know how they work and I'm in the communications / PR industry as well so know if you speak to the right people, you get things done. I would really rip them a new one after 4 mths of waiting. I mean seriously they would have my car to me in a week.
lol.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:28 PM

09 C63 11 E350
They screwed you from day one. First,when they get an allocation for a "whatever model"-they are told exactly WHEN the car will be produced and they have only so many days to place an order.

I was offered a slot for a 2013 C63AMG coupe last month, they car was initially spec'd by their sales manager but I could change the order since the car hadn't hit the line yet.
It takes one day to build the car and approx. 30-45 days to get to the East Coast- Port Newark/Elizabeth for me. They wanted $2K for the order. They also wanted full retail. They can pound sand. Depreciation is brutal-paying retail or worse retail plus is throwing money in the trash.

They took the OP moneys and put it in their cash flow-oopps sorry dude we can't get you the car-here's your cash back. If you don't see the allocation ON PAPER from MB USA for your dealer-WALK OUT.

Last edited by Arclight338; 01-17-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:54 AM

2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by Arclight338
They screwed you from day one. First,when they get an allocation for a "whatever model"-they are told exactly WHEN the car will be produced and they have only so many days to place an order.

I was offered a slot for a 2013 C63AMG coupe last month, they car was initially spec'd by their sales manager but I could change the order since the car hadn't hit the line yet.
It takes one day to build the car and approx. 30-45 days to get to the East Coast- Port Newark/Elizabeth for me. They wanted $2K for the order. They also wanted full retail. They can pound sand. Depreciation is brutal-paying retail or worse retail plus is throwing money in the trash.

They took the OP moneys and put it in their cash flow-oopps sorry dude we can't get you the car-here's your cash back. If you don't see the allocation ON PAPER from MB USA for your dealer-WALK OUT.
A dealer is not told exactly when the car will be produced. I look at the pipeline every single day. At BEST you get an ESTIMATED WEEK for production. And that is when you actually HAVE an allocation.

Many times we have waiting lists....LONG waiting lists with the explanation to the customer that they may not be able to get a build through us. If they want to be on the list, they put money down by their choice, fully refundable of course. There is no OOPS.

Unbelievable how many know it all conspiracy theory types are out there. No, I take that back, it's not unbelievable at all. Its a shame.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 PM

09 C63 11 E350
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
A dealer is not told exactly when the car will be produced. I look at the pipeline every single day. At BEST you get an ESTIMATED WEEK for production. And that is when you actually HAVE an allocation.

Many times we have waiting lists....LONG waiting lists with the explanation to the customer that they may not be able to get a build through us. If they want to be on the list, they put money down by their choice, fully refundable of course. There is no OOPS.

Unbelievable how many know it all conspiracy theory types are out there. No, I take that back, it's not unbelievable at all. Its a shame.
Thank You-Higgs, that is the terminology I was searching for. I got a call that a coupe was to be built by a specific "decade" IIRC- of the month. I could put $2K down and the car would be ordered as I wanted it.

My point is why take a customers MONEY unless you are certain there is an allocation? I'm not a conspiracy theorist or a "know it all". In fact they called me-I didn't call them.

As far as taking cash for an order that may NOT occur. It isn't fair to put a customer's money into your working funds and return it without at least simple interest?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:35 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Thank You-Higgs, that is the terminology I was searching for. I got a call that a coupe was to be built by a specific "decade" IIRC- of the month. I could put $2K down and the car would be ordered as I wanted it.

My point is why take a customers MONEY unless you are certain there is an allocation? I'm not a conspiracy theorist or a "know it all". In fact they called me-I didn't call them.

As far as taking cash for an order that may NOT occur. It isn't fair to put a customer's money into your working funds and return it without at least simple interest?
they take your money to get on a list because of simple economics. as the customer, the choice to get on the list is yours. without having some form of down payment can you imagine how long the list would be of non serious buyers with no real commitment or intention of to sticking with the order? then how many high dollar amg builds show up with no buyer?

not to mention if you don't get on the list someone else will and you just won't have the car, basically..... ultimately it comes down to the customer making the choice to remove the money from their bank. you don't have to. you can wait for one to show up in inventory. in fact, I have a new c63 sitting in my showroom right now. want it?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:06 PM

09 C63 11 E350
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
they take your money to get on a list because of simple economics. as the customer, the choice to get on the list is yours. without having some form of down payment can you imagine how long the list would be of non serious buyers with no real commitment or intention of to sticking with the order? then how many high dollar amg builds show up with no buyer?

not to mention if you don't get on the list someone else will and you just won't have the car, basically..... ultimately it comes down to the customer making the choice to remove the money from their bank. you don't have to. you can wait for one to show up in inventory. in fact, I have a new c63 sitting in my showroom right now. want it?

Thanks for the offer. In fact, its better than the offer I got from my dealer after buying 3 new cars and sending them 2 customers a year for the last 2 years. Frankly,when they stated my replacement C63 would be sold to me at MSRP-they stated we could charge more if we wanted too. I also own a 2011 E350 with 4000 miles on it in showroom condition. I was curious,what the car was worth as a trade-towards a new SL550. They offered $35K. Uh, thanks but no thanks.

I'll be picking up a new 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S (new 991 model) some time next month. They can sell the SL and the C63 to someone else.I don't want a new AMG that bad.

Business must be great when a dealer can let a repeat customer committed to buy walk out the door and not even offer a loyalty discount. I don't take it personal-business is business and there are so many great cars from other manufacturers to buy. I fortunately live in an area where you can find a great variety- Aston Martin, Ferrari,Porsche you name it. 2 other area dealers HAVE C63's-both coupes and sedans. I'm not worrying about it. Its just a car. I do however appreciate-NOT EXPECT-to be treated fairly-the door lets you out as easy as you come in. That being said, I am disappointed but last time I looked my money is still green and can be spent elsewhere.

Last edited by Arclight338; 01-19-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:15 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Thanks for the offer. In fact, its better than the offer I got from my dealer after buying 3 new cars and sending them 2 customers a year for the last 2 years. Frankly,when they stated my replacement C63 would be sold to me at MSRP-they stated we could charge more if we wanted too. I also own a 2011 E350 with 4000 miles on it in showroom condition. I was curious,what the car was worth as a trade-towards a new SL550. They offered $35K. Uh, thanks but no thanks.

I'll be picking up a new 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S (new 991 model) some time next month. They can sell the SL and the C63 to someone else.I don't want a new AMG that bad.

Business must be great when a dealer can let a repeat customer committed to buy walk out the door and not even offer a loyalty discount. I don't take it personal-business is business and there are so many great cars from other manufacturers to buy.
yep that is a shame. it's too bad some dealers don't get it....

if I can ever help you just pm me!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealership can't get my car?!