Black Series Coolers - Road Racing C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Black Series Coolers - Road Racing C63

Hi,

I own a 2012 C63 Coupe that has a tune/intake/exhaust etc.

I plan on taking it on time attack courses this coming spring but as we all know heat and limp mode will cut my fun short.
I have already taken some pro active steps and installed thermanator gaskets, MHP thermostat, and radiant heat wrapped my airbox,manifold, fuel rails, and exhaust exposed in engine bay,

The next big upgrade is bigger coolers as the stock coolers are obviously insufficient. We really dont have many choices in this as the aftermarket is small for whatever reasons people want to jam pack as much power without worrying up cooling the car. Heat is an engine killer and heatsoak/limp mode is just no fun.

After doing some research i was happy to find out the black series coolers work with our cars and are decently reasonable prices. A few people have done them and love the results i want to do the same. Only problem is nobody has the parts number listed or how i can find the coolers? Can anybody point me in the right direction and offer some help?
Old 01-17-2013, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
PM Dads C63. He did it to his.

https://mbworld.org/forums/members/93989-dads-c63.html
Old 01-17-2013, 05:16 PM

C63 Coupe
The question was asked a few times on that thread about his Black Series coolers with no answers. Maybe he had the shop do the work and doesnt personally know the info I thought maybe someone out there could help me
Old 01-17-2013, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63
Originally Posted by Ezec63
Hi,

I own a 2012 C63 Coupe that has a tune/intake/exhaust etc.

I plan on taking it on time attack courses this coming spring but as we all know heat and limp mode will cut my fun short.
I have already taken some pro active steps and installed thermanator gaskets, MHP thermostat, and radiant heat wrapped my airbox,manifold, fuel rails, and exhaust exposed in engine bay,

The next big upgrade is bigger coolers as the stock coolers are obviously insufficient. We really dont have many choices in this as the aftermarket is small for whatever reasons people want to jam pack as much power without worrying up cooling the car. Heat is an engine killer and heatsoak/limp mode is just no fun.

After doing some research i was happy to find out the black series coolers work with our cars and are decently reasonable prices. A few people have done them and love the results i want to do the same. Only problem is nobody has the parts number listed or how i can find the coolers? Can anybody point me in the right direction and offer some help?
I am in the same boat, although I have not done what you have (thermanator gaskets, MHP thermostat, and radiant heat wrapped my airbox, manifold, fuel rails, and exhaust exposed in engine bay).

Thankfully, Dads C63 has done all the hard work already...perhaps he can shed some light on the overall cost, part numbers to order from, what really would be involved to retrofit this into a pre/post facelift C63, with the stock front bumper.

Link to his post:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-new-bs-2.html
Old 01-17-2013, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Guys,
I have offered the complete list of parts with the part numbers and costs to anyone that wants to make these upgrades. All I ask is that if you decide to make these changes that you get the parts from my MB connection. This dealer has helped me do all the home work and find the correct parts. I have no benefit in this other than to say thank you for all their hard work and trust me, many hours doing searches and finding parts. They can get you the parts.

What most don't understand is that in order for the coolers and ducting to work properly you need the BS front bumper. That usually stops most.

PM me and I'll give you the list and the contact information. They do a GREAT job and I am grateful.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 AM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Guys,
I have offered the complete list of parts with the part numbers and costs to anyone that wants to make these upgrades. All I ask is that if you decide to make these changes that you get the parts from my MB connection. This dealer has helped me do all the home work and find the correct parts. I have no benefit in this other than to say thank you for all their hard work and trust me, many hours doing searches and finding parts. They can get you the parts.

What most don't understand is that in order for the coolers and ducting to work properly you need the BS front bumper. That usually stops most.

PM me and I'll give you the list and the contact information. They do a GREAT job and I am grateful.
Yup that you did !! Didn't mean any offense by making this thread was just seeking some info and anxious to get this beast on the track without limping home lol .. I appreciate all the info and pioneering you've done with this and other ideas I'm not looking to back door anyone when the time is right in a few weeks I will send a message your way and well do the right thing and support the guys who set this up !
Old 01-18-2013, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
I will always help anyone whenever I can.
My pain is ya'lls gain.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:48 PM

C63 Coupe
I will always help anyone whenever I can.
My pain is ya'lls gain.
Thats why your the man !

We talked about it briefly thru PM's but maybe we can get more in depth and help inform others.
The black series trans cooler will bolt right into the c63 coupe right?
Now the c63 black series and c63 coupe have very similar front bumpers the only difference being the larger side vents and LED delete. Those side vents are obviously for the bigger BS aux cooler which would def require the BS bumpers.

The central oil cooler would obi go right there in the middle and the opening looks very similar to the regular c63 coupe. I know you have the pre facelift sedan which is different but hopefully this bolts into the facelift coupe I guess ill be the Guinea pig
Old 01-19-2013, 04:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 coupe
Please let me know on this as I will get the kit if it fits the coupe
Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Hey Guys,
My car is a 2009 and all the 2012 coolers, ducting, brackets, lines, etc..... all bolted right up. The bolt design and structure is apparently very similar if not exact. With the 2012 BS bumper it all lines up correctly. If you have the standard 2012 style bumpers I don't know if these will all line up. I'll be glad to give you the part numbers etc... if you want to try it. I'm here to help.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 PP, 2012 X3
Thanks OP and Keith. If the OP is going ahead with the update, I will wait to see the results. The tranny cooler looks like it bolts up, but with no fan, it likely needs better airflow than stock. The oil cooler, I am less confident will fit without adjustment, I hope I am wrong.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:13 PM

C63 Coupe
Hey Guys,
My car is a 2009 and all the 2012 coolers, ducting, brackets, lines, etc..... all bolted right up. The bolt design and structure is apparently very similar if not exact. With the 2012 BS bumper it all lines up correctly. If you have the standard 2012 style bumpers I don't know if these will all line up. I'll be glad to give you the part numbers etc... if you want to try it. I'm here to help.
So keith even just switching out the BS Transmission cooler will require the main big center fan to be taken out? What are the cons of not having the fans will my trans and oil temps skyrocket while idling or in traffic?

I also have doubts the oil cooler will fit without adjustments but i figured i can try and if it works it'll be a great mod for us '12+ coupe guys if not than I will already have coolers purchased and work my way to the bumper mod
Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
I'm not sure what you guys are looking at. The tranny cooler goes in the middle of the main radiator and attaches with some clips. The stock one has no fan and neither does the BS one.

Stock tranny cooler is on the bottom:
Black Series Coolers - Road Racing C63-43ca334a.jpg

BLACK SERIES tranny cooler:

The additional cooler that goes on the passenger side is an oil cooler. The stock one on my 2009 had a fan but AMG figured out that at high speeds the fan was actually prohibiting air flow so they removed the fan, enlarged the opening and made the cooler a little larger.

Other questions?? Go back and look at the first thread I did for all this.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:22 PM

C63 Coupe
I'm not sure what you guys are looking at. The tranny cooler goes in the middle of the main radiator and attaches with some clips. The stock one has no fan and neither does the BS one.

Stock tranny cooler is on the bottom:

BLACK SERIES tranny cooler:

The additional cooler that goes on the passenger side is an oil cooler. The stock one on my 2009 had a fan but AMG figured out that at high speeds the fan was actually prohibiting air flow so they removed the fan, enlarged the opening and made the cooler a little larger.

Other questions?? Go back and look at the first thread I did for all this.
DOHH ok good news it didnt make sense to me either. I thought he meant the main central fan that blows on the radiator. What your talking about is the side fan that goes on after your oil hits a certain temp and is crazy loud. Since i wont be doing the black series auxiliary cooler I dont have to worry about that for now
Old 01-22-2013, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 PP, 2012 X3
Ah... I thought the additional cooler on the side was the tranny cooler, I meant the fan on that one which goes ape**** when in traffic. Will go look at the original thread again.