C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Steering not as still as I would like, do I have any options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
Steering not as still as I would like, do I have any options?

Hey all, Im new to the C63 and I love so many features of this car except that the steering isnt as tight as Im used to or would like.

I was thinking maybee a nice coilover suspension upgrade could possibly give me the effect I was looking for, but was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and improvement with coilovers and possibly stiffer control arm bushings etc.. What companies are the best for this? I was thinking of looking into some more focused companies such as renntech, but any advice would be much appreciated!!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:55 PM

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
if you want a real answer you need to tell us exactly what your car is not doing that you need it to do. there are 100 things you can do to make the car feel tighter, but that doesn't mean it will be faster. are you talking about street driving or are you pushing the limits on a track? do you want to sacrifice a good ride all the times you are not wanting a stiff feel or is this a race car?

personally, I wouldn't touch it. the car understeers too much, IMO, and I hate the staggered setup of the wheel and tire sizes. the best thing you can do is improve traction up front, making it tighter will reduce traction up front, or you can make it tighter in the rear and balance the car out.

I would not make the suspension stiffer. it won't help the handling.

if you mean strictly the way the steering wheel feels when you turn it, you need a different ratio gearbox, not tighter suspension. good luck with that!