Ordering a '13 C63 coupe, need some help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupe
Ordering a '13 C63 coupe, need some help

Hey guys,

I am about to order a '13 C63 coupe and need some feedback/help from everyone. This will be my second C63 I am sort of stuck with 2 options on the car, the color & whether or not to get the development package.

Color wise I am stuck between 2, Black or Mars Red? My previous C63 was black and I did love it, from pictures of the C63 in Mars Red it looks great, and insight from owners of a Mars Red one?

As for the development packages goes, I have done some research on here about it and really the only thing I want to know is this....I do not plan on modding the car other than removing the secondary cats & resonator.

With that in mind, will the development package really make that large or a change over the non development package car in terms of performance?

Thanks in advance for the helps guys
Old 01-28-2013, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Mars red is awesome and hides some of the imperfections that black would reveal. However, you do attract more attention - good and bad. Case in point: I bought my car at the end of Feb 2012 and since then, I've been pulled over 4 times - once for speeding (beat the ticket) and 3 times for illegal tint, no front plate, etc. I guess my point is that you're more noticeable, but if you behave and don't illegally mod your car, you should be fine. I'm just stubborn and refuse to change the aesthetics of the car because a) Vivid made it look badass and b) those laws I'm "violating" are pointless.

For the dev pkg, I have red mixed things by going OEM vs aftermarket. If you're 100% sure you won't mod anything other than the exhaust, then I'd say go for the DP. You'll appreciate the boost in hp and the LSD.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:59 AM

2012 C63 AMG Coupe
Thanks for the info, appreciate it. I understand what you mean with standing out, I currently have a red SRT10 viper and it gets a lot of attention. The only other color I was considering is polar white. My whole goal is, I want the red calipers & my dealership will install the red seat belts from the sport version at no cost, so I am trying to figure out which is the best route to go color wise without have too much of one.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I love my red because it's bold and I haven't seen another C63 in red. I have heard some folks swear that Diamond White looks better than Polar White. Check out biglee73's car. He has the Diamond White with red interior. Can't recall if he has the red seatbelts though.

Silly question...have you browsed the "Official Pictures" thread?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:14 PM

2012 C63 AMG Coupe
I have browsed them, just so many pages and also from a picture you cannot tell the true look of the car. Figured I would ask owners their opinions of the color. I also plan when I go to the dealership to check out the colors in person before making a final decision.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 C63C
I placed my order a few weeks ago, but decided not to go with the Development Package only because I'm going to have it tuned once it arrives. Still trying to decide between Eurocharged and OE Tuning, since both have the handheld units, but it will come down to price on that (if you guys are reading this )

I've read on here that the tuned car doesn't make much if anything more than the development package, so no real advantage there. I test drove a tuned one and a non-tuned one and there was a huge difference in performance, but some of it would be in the way the pedal response is modified. Basically they change the curve on the pedal input so it gives it a lot more throttle with the same amount of pedal input. Makes it feel a lot more powerful but less driveable without having wheelspin everywhere. I'm having them keep my pedal response stock. Polar White with red/black interior is an awesome combination to me, but I also tossed around Black on Black. Those red belts would really set it off!!

To answer your question, there is definitely a difference in performance from the non-PP to the PP version, and if you don't want to get the car tuned aftermarket, I'd say go with the PP version for sure.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Feel free to browse my garage pics.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 C63C
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Feel free to browse my garage pics.
Does look good in Red! Those CF mirrors, are they OEM or aftermarket? Where'd you get em? I heard there have been problems with the aftermarket ones splitting.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by fly2nite
Does look good in Red! Those CF mirrors, are they OEM or aftermarket? Where'd you get em? I heard there have been problems with the aftermarket ones splitting.
I got them off of a forum member, who reportedly bought them from eBay. I've only had them on for 2 weeks so we'll see how they hold up.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:50 PM

2013 C63 coupe PP31......BMW 330
Originally Posted by JT C63AMG
Thanks for the info, appreciate it. I understand what you mean with standing out, I currently have a red SRT10 viper and it gets a lot of attention. The only other color I was considering is polar white. My whole goal is, I want the red calipers & my dealership will install the red seat belts from the sport version at no cost, so I am trying to figure out which is the best route to go color wise without have too much of one.
how did you get the dealer to swap seat belts with no extra charge?...I wanted to do the same thing but dint know how to go about it......my car comes in Feb 14
Old 01-29-2013, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
I can warmly recommend the diamond white, although that wasn't of your options. It's an amazing looking color
Old 01-29-2013, 08:08 AM

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
2012 C63BS 2009 Ferrari 16M 2016 Cayenne turbo S 2019 G63
Hi. Had a Black C63 MY2010 with Devel Pkg. I dont believe in aftermarket tunes for warranty reasons, and the pkg. met my needs for power. IMHO the devel Pkg. is a great option form AMG.
I currently have a factory order Mars Red C63BS. I wanted the Red in the C63 but couldnt find one with the devel pkg so I got black, which obviosly is a lot of work but looks great. BUT Mars Red really pops out the lines of the car
Old 01-29-2013, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
Hi. Had a Black C63 MY2010 with Devel Pkg. I dont believe in aftermarket tunes for warranty reasons, and the pkg. met my needs for power. IMHO the devel Pkg. is a great option form AMG.
I currently have a factory order Mars Red C63BS. I wanted the Red in the C63 but couldnt find one with the devel pkg so I got black, which obviosly is a lot of work but looks great. BUT Mars Red really pops out the lines of the car
I agree
Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 PM

2012 C63 AMG Coupe
I was able to get some pull since this will be the 3rd car I am buying from them in the past year.

Originally Posted by justdjames
how did you get the dealer to swap seat belts with no extra charge?...I wanted to do the same thing but dint know how to go about it......my car comes in Feb 14
Old 01-30-2013, 01:29 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
Go the Mars Red I reckon great colour and you see very few of them so something a bit different