C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

URGENT help needed with AP exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Fiat Abarth
URGENT help needed with AP exhaust

i contacted agency power several times over this but to no avail. the receiver on my exhaust system doesn't work, and i wanted a replacement but they cannot source the item individually. i am constantly terrorizing people on the streets (DC is a city afterall). Does ANYONE know where i can get a similar device from another company or by some chance has one they don't need.
i've spoken to agency power 4 times now and they still don't know what they could do.

any help is much appreciated
Old 01-28-2013, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Ask Vivid Racing. They are the same company, I think.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 MB C63
try IPE. I think they are the same company as AP..
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
I'm sorry to hear that. It cooks me that they charged you well for a product and now nobody can help you...someone should have thought to ask the vendor " hey when I sell my guys this and they have a warranty issue where are the spare parts?"

That's B S

Ill look around to see if I can find you a servor motor

Can you email me a pic of it?
Old 01-29-2013, 12:38 AM

2013 Fiat Abarth

my mechanic deduced that the issue the receiver, specifically, the fuse in it. we used a voltage tester on it, and it starter working, without it, it doesn't. i dont know if that pic is clear, but its that little black box. my car is straight pipes header to tips now, i literally have to wait until there's no one in the area before i start it on, and i still sometimes get a call from a friend that's in a building 3 blocks down asking me if im in the area because they heard my car :P ..

on another note, i just remembered and incident that happened to me at the gas station worth sharing, please tell me whether or not i was at fault. So, i was fueling my car, and when i was about done, a lady comes to the pump on the other side of me. I say to myself, there's no one else here, so ill wait for her. As soon as she's gets in her car, a guy pulls up to fuel his car behind me, so out of courtesy, i get out of my car, and in a VERY nice and friendly manner i say the following, "excuse me sir, i just wanted to warn you, im about to start my car and it's really loud, i didn't want it to surprise you". He gives me a very disgusted face, looks a way and then looks back at me and says " i think i can handle it". so at this point im like i walk towards my car and look back at him one more time, still smiling, and then he says "where you always this arrogant or is it something new". I laugh to myself, give him a thumbs up, get in my car, start it, and as expected, he jumped.
is it just me or was he the Ahole ?? i mean yes i have headers on my car but i was being courteous, wasn't i ?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:25 AM

BMW m5 2013
Originally Posted by c63edition1

my mechanic deduced that the issue the receiver, specifically, the fuse in it. we used a voltage tester on it, and it starter working, without it, it doesn't. i dont know if that pic is clear, but its that little black box. my car is straight pipes header to tips now, i literally have to wait until there's no one in the area before i start it on, and i still sometimes get a call from a friend that's in a building 3 blocks down asking me if im in the area because they heard my car :P ..

on another note, i just remembered and incident that happened to me at the gas station worth sharing, please tell me whether or not i was at fault. So, i was fueling my car, and when i was about done, a lady comes to the pump on the other side of me. I say to myself, there's no one else here, so ill wait for her. As soon as she's gets in her car, a guy pulls up to fuel his car behind me, so out of courtesy, i get out of my car, and in a VERY nice and friendly manner i say the following, "excuse me sir, i just wanted to warn you, im about to start my car and it's really loud, i didn't want it to surprise you". He gives me a very disgusted face, looks a way and then looks back at me and says " i think i can handle it". so at this point im like i walk towards my car and look back at him one more time, still smiling, and then he says "where you always this arrogant or is it something new". I laugh to myself, give him a thumbs up, get in my car, start it, and as expected, he jumped.
is it just me or was he the Ahole ?? i mean yes i have headers on my car but i was being courteous, wasn't i ?
karma. Jk i'm not gonna be a dick. Have you tried contacting different representatives or even management? Some people are sooo incompetent when it comes to things this.

Last edited by LosalPD; 01-29-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I think you were perfectly reasonable. There are too many idiots and jerks in this world to try to please them all. I have fair warning to my neighbor whose car I set off everyday. He was cool about it and is a really friendly guy.

I can't tiptoe everywhere I go so I don't bother.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 AM

AMG
I know Cargraphic also has this unit. I have one on my car. I think they can source this part only.

My contact in germany :

Michael Mergenthaler
m.mergenthaler@cargraphic.de

If this helps...
Old 01-29-2013, 10:06 AM

2013 Fiat Abarth
thanks kaiba i will shoot them an e-mail
Old 01-29-2013, 10:26 AM

your mom
Funny, this reminds me of an incident.

I had some relatives over on new years eve. And my 25 yr old cousin wanted to see the C63.

The car had been parked for the long weekend and the temperatures had dipped into mid 30s and I warned him: "The exhaust might just be a tad too sharp at start-up, more so in the garage."

He pointed at the GTO and said: "Not louder than that, right? Don't worry". The GTO has a bassani cat back running 3" all thru.

Got in and started and his whole body just shook - his father who was standing outside, almost **** his pants (very old guy).

Then the guy steps out and says: "My G37 sounds pretty sweet too".

So I replied: eah I know."
And he made me sit in his car and start and listen to it idling where it was quieter than me snoring.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Lets face it.. if there is a city that needs terrorizing via vehicle noise.. DC is it.. maybe people will get out of my way int he morning dammit (I take 50 to 295 to 295 from Annapolis to Balston every morning... I hate DC drivers)
Old 01-29-2013, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Can't be worse than Bay Area drivers and pedestrians. And I lived in the DC area for about a year.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM

2013 Fiat Abarth
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
Lets face it.. if there is a city that needs terrorizing via vehicle noise.. DC is it.. maybe people will get out of my way int he morning dammit (I take 50 to 295 to 295 from Annapolis to Balston every morning... I hate DC drivers)
i feel you, i go to GWU though, and we don't really have a campus, it's in the middle of the city, and people walk really close to the tips, so im always weary of when i start the car now that my valve is non existant .. i wait 20 mins for the students to go to their next class until i start it :P
Old 01-29-2013, 05:43 PM

Segway
Video
Old 01-29-2013, 06:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63
Try IPE it is the same part and they have been helpful with my issues in the past.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:12 PM

2013 Fiat Abarth
is there a local distributer ??
Old 01-29-2013, 11:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63
vixon@ipe-f1.com