C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Trade in or keep?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 - C63 AMG
Trade in or keep?

I bought my 2011 C63 in February of last year and financed it for 5 years at 1.9%. It is black on black with carbon fiber spoiler, red calipers, custom carbon fiber from MACarbon inside and of course, the AMG Development Package. I have been saying that I want to keep this car forever because it is my first MB and frankly, I love it. I am really thinking about getting all the carbon fiber exterior and interior parts I want but from a financial standpoint, it doesn't make much sense given that those dollars start to become sizable very quickly.

So with that being said, I am starting to think that keeping it long term is not the best idea and maybe I should trade it in after 5-6 more years with the assumption that I will try to get into a E63 or equivalent... What do you all think? Spend the money on the mods and keep it for 10+ as a third car after year 6 or trade it in in 5-6 and save the money on the mods?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
something better will always come out
cars always depreciate

there will never be an answer to your question.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
something better will always come out
cars always depreciate

there will never be an answer to your question.

+1

i dont think we can help you much here. there are some members that will move on after their 3 or 4 years is up while others will hold it for as long as they can. and plus its 5-6 years from now, who knows what your mindset and financial position will be then.

imo then break up your wish list. just do the highest priority CF bits and call it a day. I only did a handful of CF.. didnt break my bank and i'm happy to have a more unique look.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:30 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, GLC63S
I feel your pain, I also made a post about selling my girl. I drove the new CLS, E63, looked in to the new C63, GTR and the BS. At the end I'm keeping her

The CLS and E63 both have allot of potential due to the turbo's however at the end and after 7 different test drives I started to feel board with both of them. As I said before they are both very fast cars and even faster with a tune however, I always felt as if I was driving a school bus around turns.

GTR- made allot of calls on this and at the end to get a GTR done
Right your looking at 50k due to the trans issues. The best year to get on this car is 2012 or newer but that comes with a cost and the mods after that. Not worth the money at least for me as I'm building another car.

As for the new c63, you do get a better trans. However I personally love the looks of the pre 2012 models and most will think I'm crazy but I hate and I mean hate the new dash.

At end I decided to keep my girl...

Just don't make an implosive move, in fact if your not sure that means your not yet ready so take your time...

Last edited by 4ramin; 02-15-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
I have ALWAYS sold cars after 2 years.

This isn't the most expensive car or the fastest, etc. But for some reason, I just love driving it. The feel of it, is just perfect IMO.

Be like Jay Leno and just keep every car you have ever bought, WHY NOT!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:13 AM

2011 C63 Calcite White
lol i don't think there's such thing as long term thinking for cars enthusiasts like us. we think about mods and keeping the car forever; next thing you know the next year you change your mind when you see better cars come out.

Just do the mods you like now and enjoy the car to the fullest, money can always be made. And who knows maybe you'll get a financial upgrade in a few years and be able to get GT level cars.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:45 AM

c63
Originally Posted by 4ramin
As for the new c63, you do get a better trans. However I personally love the looks of the pre 2012 models and most will think I'm crazy but I hate and I mean hate the new dash.
agree except that the MCT kicks you out of M due to the temp issue. apparently that is only an issue at the track though. something else that bothers me about the MY2012+ is that the color HUD has a lag when trying to operate it w the steering wheel buttons. that bugs the ever loving sh** out of me.

unless the new c63 or m3 wows me, i'm going to keep mine for the balance of the warranty. i don't really care for the appearance of the new e63 and nor the LED look of the 2012+ MYs so for now I am really happy with what i've got.

Last edited by _timothy; 02-15-2013 at 05:48 AM.