C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Subwoofer C63 coupe install DIY???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Subwoofer C63 coupe install DIY???

I found a couple threads pertaining to the install of a sub in the trunk, but nothing for a c63 or better yet a coupe. It should be an easy install since the battery is in the back and so are the wires. I do remember reading someone saying they tapped into the rear shelf speakers? Looking into my trunk i did not find any wires for the rear. Any have pics specifying which wiring to tap into? and how to access it. If there is, i may go ahead and do this install and create a more informative DIY.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C63 AMG Coupe
i have a 12w6v2 installed in a custom box and in the back right of my trunk. i'll have some pics of my car soon.

the shop used an lc2 and mounted it where the first aid stuff is. the amp is where the spare wheel was - i'm using an alpine PDX amp. sounds perfect. really fixed the sound quality.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:36 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Jason Anthony
i have a 12w6v2 installed in a custom box and in the back right of my trunk. i'll have some pics of my car soon.

the shop used an lc2 and mounted it where the first aid stuff is. the amp is where the spare wheel was - i'm using an alpine PDX amp. sounds perfect. really fixed the sound quality.
Thanks for your input, that's exactly how Iimagined it would be . If you could find out what wires and where the Lci is tapped into that would be awesome. As long as I know where the signal for the sub was taken and which wires. The install would be a breeze
Old 02-25-2013, 02:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63; 2011 E350 Coupe
I installed a Boss amplified sub and attached it to the underside of the rear shelf in the trunk.
Tapped into the rear OEM sub's four wires. Since the battery is also in the trunk, wiring the hot lead is simple. On the RH side of the trunk behind a panel is a fuse panel and grounding post. Used an add-a-fuse to wire the remote wire to Fuse #76.
The sub comes complete with a main fuse and all the wiring you need to hook it up.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:28 PM

C63
Originally Posted by NCBob
I installed a Boss amplified sub and attached it to the underside of the rear shelf in the trunk.
Tapped into the rear OEM sub's four wires. Since the battery is also in the trunk, wiring the hot lead is simple. On the RH side of the trunk behind a panel is a fuse panel and grounding post. Used an add-a-fuse to wire the remote wire to Fuse #76.
The sub comes complete with a main fuse and all the wiring you need to hook it up.
Which sub did you buy? I'm assuming it fit perfectly upside down? Also I looked and could not find the sub wires in the trunk

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
Old 02-26-2013, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Aresh
Which sub did you buy? I'm assuming it fit perfectly upside down? Also I looked and could not find the sub wires in the trunk

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
If you have the HK system, remove the grill work from the rear shelf on the inside of the car. There you will see the OEM sub with four wires. Two on each side of the speaker. I bought a wire-tap harness from Bazooka that makes the connection process easy. Go here for more info on the Boss Bass1200:
http://www.bossaudio.com/auto/10-inc...tt-sub-woofer/
Old 02-26-2013, 01:20 PM

C63
Originally Posted by NCBob
If you have the HK system, remove the grill work from the rear shelf on the inside of the car. There you will see the OEM sub with four wires. Two on each side of the speaker. I bought a wire-tap harness from Bazooka that makes the connection process easy. Go here for more info on the Boss Bass1200:
http://www.bossaudio.com/auto/10-inc...tt-sub-woofer/
Thanks for the input i took the grill off and saw red and black wires and yellow and grey. Which of these two did you use to tap into?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Aresh
Thanks for the input i took the grill off and saw red and black wires and yellow and grey. Which of these two did you use to tap into?
Both the OEM sub and the Boss Audio are dual coil speakers. Hence four wires. The Boss is marked R and L, +, -. As you are facing the rear, the wires in the OEM on the left side will be L and so on. You'll need to play with it to determine + and -.