C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

A few questions. Still new to the forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
A few questions. Still new to the forum

Hi all. I'm still new to the forum and am SOOOOO glad that I joined to gather all of the insight I need for myself and my 09 C63. So a few questions, which I am sure that I can look up the answers to from previous threads, but I'd like to get some more info here on my own thread, if possible.

I'm coming up to about 50,000 miles... Is there anything that I should be concerned about for any of you who hit this mile range?

I do drive about 85% of the time in S mode and I do drive pretty hard. Some say that the car is built for it and some say it can handle it...how do you drive yours or feel? I got discouraged/extremely concerned a few days ago when a family friend said if I wanted to keep the car to drive it like a mouse otherwise I'm gonna ruin it? How's the tranny and engine hold up for you all?

Let me know! Thanks!!!

Last edited by BrettC63; 03-04-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:24 PM

C63
Damn...no help??
Old 03-04-2013, 03:35 PM

Ml 550
Well... This kinda depends really.
I drive mine like I stole it, most of us do. That's how it should be enjoyed anyway, or your better of with another car. I also track the car, and go to drag strips alot. Pushing the car is fine if you keep it probably maintained, just don't keep it in the high RPM's alot.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:47 PM

2012 C63 AMG
My C63 doesnʻt have many miles yet. However, I drive ESP-Sport and manual all the time. I love using the brake hold and the hitting the throttle so that I get the car rolling and the wheels start to spin, then hit second and hit the throttle a little hard until it starts to spin again then hit third and by that time Iʻm way past the speed limit and back off. I use Dynolicious to monitor this activity. I also use engine braking because of the sound the down shifts make.

I donʻt worry that Iʻm hard on the engine or transmission because of the experience I had at the AMG Driving Academy. One of the cars there had 55,000 miles. What is really impressive is that all these cars were getting abused by drivers learning the limits of their skills and the ability of the cars. We were doing full throttle starts and full brake stops almost all day in all different models. We had drag races and full brake stops so you could feel how long it took a model to stop and adjust your braking time. You had to beat the other car but you also had to stop your car within a box at the end of the drag strip. You didnʻt do these exercises once but many times in different cars. The autocross had drag race starts, corners and stop box after the finish line. If you stop too late or too soon and didnʻt stop in the box, your time didnʻt count.

We also ran on wet asphalt to learn how ESP On, ESP Sport and ESP off handles (lots of spin outs, cookies and doughnuts).

The point is, these cars performed in high performance mode all day long. This was only one day at one track. Consider how many days they have and how many tracks.

These cars take a very impressive amount of punishment. Remember that most of the drivers arenʻt as skilled as the few that take these classes every year.

They do maintain these cars, change fluids, maintain tires and tire pressures, etc. during breaks, at the end of the day and between tracks.

The AMG Driving Academy gave me confidence in the durability of all AMGʻs that Iʻm not worried that my driving style is detrimental to my car.

I went to an AMG Private Lounge event and talked to a Senior AMG Technician that said one of the worst things to do is rev the engines to the point where youʻre bouncing the revs off the rev limiter - donʻt do that.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
I'd change all the fluids at 50k. Have a pro clay bar detail it also.