C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

'10 Sedan Interior Rattle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 AMG, 2011 Mini Cooper (work)
'10 Sedan Interior Rattle

I know there have been a few threads about rattling in the past but it doesn't seem that it was every corrected. In my car in particular, the driver/passenger window buttons rattle whenever I listen to bass-y music (keep in mind I listen to an annoying amount of EDM). Also, the cover to the pop up display likes to rattle over bumps as well as the plexiglass in front of the speedometer. Now if i touch all of these things lightly, they will stop rattling... hence why i know where the sound is originating from.

Lastly, whenever I have the AC on high there seems to be a hissing noise coming from the vent under the front window. I don't know if everyone has this or mine is plugged up but I can't see anything blocking it. Any insight on this too?

Other than this, my car is perfect! I just really hate rattling, it drives me absolutely crazy.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Try shoving a piece of paper or clay between stuff to stop the movement.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
this car is a rattle snake. get used to it imo.

you could always risk having a dealer or 3rd party take the dash apart, though.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG
My 2011 has a few rattles that really bug me. They come and go but are around more than I would like. I have a bad one from the drivers side B pillar somewhere near the seatbelt, makes a clicking type sound. I also keep hearing a faint noise coming from maybe behind the speedo and finally my drivers seat starting creaking drives me nuts.

I have thought to have the dealer fix them but Either they say they can't reproduce the sound and I am afraid that if they take a part the b pillar or dash that is opening a can of worms for more rattles and creaks.

So ultimately I have come to appreciate the rattles and creaks and turn up the radio and smash down on the gas pedal to take my mind off of them.