C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

new 2013 c63 sedan

Old 03-11-2013, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 sedan
new 2013 c63 sedan

hello everyone, i just got my 2013 c63 sedan and have a few questions about it. my brakes squeak a little since i got it. is that normal? also, i was wondering how to activate the fog light and use the fog light spray cleaner. whenever i turn on the fog lights, nothing seems to happen. any input would be much appreciated.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
1. You need to bed in the brakes. A Google search will tell you how. M

2. You need to turn your lights to the "on" position and pull the knob out. An amber light should show near the knob indicating your fog lights are on.

3. The headlight spray is activated every so often when you use the windshield spray. You can't activate by itself.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:03 AM

2013 C63 sedan
thanks for the reply. as for the fog lights, are you saying it wont work unless you set the lights to the on position as to the auto position?
Old 03-11-2013, 04:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Thumbs up

Brakes?...No need for a google search, this how you do it.
Find some deserted road, or any road, where you can do around 10 HARD stops from 60MPH (100KPH) to about 5KPH....BUT DO NOT STOP....in quick succession.
Do that, let 'em cool down, & I'd say your brake noise will be gone.
Let us know how ya go?
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:13 AM

2013 C63 sedan
thanks! ill try that out when i get the chance
Old 03-11-2013, 05:14 AM

BMW
Used to do the Pickles method above to remove squeal from my Lotus Elise. Only worked for a time then the squeal comes back. Not sure about the C63 so worth a try as its free. Absolute BEST way to eliminate squeal for a long period is to take the pads out of the caliper, clean it all up and put COPPER GREASE on the back of the pad/shim. I have done this with every single car I've owned with great success. Works everytime.

BTW: how do you find the C63 compared to the 335i? Did you tune your 335i?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:29 AM

2013 C63 sedan
thanks for the suggestion. im not good with working on cars so i dont think ill be able to do your method. as for the car comparison, i dont think theres any doubt the c63 is superior to my 335i. i just wished the c63 came in stick shift, but i understand that the paddle shift outperforms stick shift. as ive mentioned im not good with working on cars, i didnt modify my 335i. i figure id just invest in a nice car instead of buying a car and modifying it. im sure theres enjoyment in making your car the way you want it, but i guess i just never got into that
Old 03-11-2013, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by badandy888
thanks for the reply. as for the fog lights, are you saying it wont work unless you set the lights to the on position as to the auto position?
They won't really turn on until you do that. They have directional triggers when you're turning at low speeds, but when you straighten out, they turn off.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
They won't really turn on until you do that. They have directional triggers when you're turning at low speeds, but when you straighten out, they turn off.
I think what you are talking about here is the convenience feature where your fog lights give you extra side-visibility when you turn left or right at low speed. Not too sure if the MY 2013 has it.
What OP is asking is how to activate the fog lights i think.
In regards to the headlight washers i think they get activated when you hold more than 2s the windshield wipers command like if you wanted to clean your windshield.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:32 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Hey congrats ,
Pretty sure the fog lights are always on with the standard headlights , I have a 12 , and there is a button for the fog lights that allows you to turn them off , so they are running unless you press the button , pretty sure ...
The tranny is sick just gotta let her brake in and then you will get used to it and forget about your 3 series stick shift.
Check the oil cause it burns it , it has 8.5 litres in the engine but will burn a litre in a couple or few K depending in driving , my dealer told me not to top it off during break in , but it needed a litre top off after the initial break n , if you wanna keep that thing you will need to feed her oil and not wait for the stupid light to come on ... Cheers bro enjoy , sometimes when u ask questions about the interior the suggestions may come from owners that had the previous interior
Old 03-11-2013, 04:37 PM

2012 C63 AMG
And the brakes always kinda squeak but only when the car is coming to a halt, these breaks are able to take track abuse and I guess the material squeaks at slow motion, ride them hard they say but sometimes when they get hot it gets worse, nothing wrong with the breaks though , sucks for around town
Old 03-11-2013, 07:19 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Congratulations on the new car badandy888!

The brake squeal is to be expected of sports cars with sports car brakes. Comes with the territory, you can bed them and try to see if it will go away, but the best way is to use anti-squeal on the pads. I suggest you embrace the brake squeal along with the mean exhaust growl. It's a fast car and it needs serious brakes.

I think forum members have been giving you wrong info on the fog lights. The method of pulling the knob is only for fog light equipped 2008-2011 C63s.

The 2012+ C63 do not have fog lights in the front. The fog light button is for the rear fog light found in European cars, and there's no way to see it unless you are behind your vehicle.

The headlight washer spray activates after 10 windshield washer uses. I don't think there's a way to bypass that.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
Brakes pretty much always squeek. It will come and go, often its the dust. A few threads on it here, but its one of the more annoying things about the C63. Even the manual says brake squeek is normal on the car.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:11 PM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
I have a 2012 and my brakes squeaks every now and then. Just brake later and harder and the noise goes away every time
Old 03-11-2013, 09:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

When we purchased our C63 a year or so ago, the salesman said that brake squeeling was an issue "for some". He said the main cause was that owners were being "too gentle" with the brakes, he said ya've really gotta "Use them"!
We are reasonably careful (gentle?) with our car, so with this in mind every so often, we give the brakes a hard hit. I think the reason that squeels occur is that a film builds up on pads/discs...if ya can heat 'em up with a bit of hard usage, I think this action can burn up the film & stop the squeel?
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Too many to list
Question no-squeaky

Congrat's on your new ride.

I am curious if the P31, or what's called the performance package, which includes red calipers and carbon ceramic brake pads, would Squeal more or less than the OEM C63 Stock Pads...?
Old 03-12-2013, 02:03 AM

2013 C63 sedan
thanks everyone! my original question was in regards to the fog lights and not the adaptive lights that turn as you turn. is it true the fog lights are usually just on? i just know that when i turned it on and off with the fog light button, nothing seems to happen. as for the P31 package, mine didn't come with it. it's actually kind of a long story, but basically i ordered one with P31 but my dealership, after 2 months of waiting, told me mercedes had a shortage of 6.3 liter engines and canceled my order. so i ended up just picking one out from another dealership in their lot.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
thanks everyone! my original question was in regards to the fog lights and not the adaptive lights that turn as you turn. is it true the fog lights are usually just on? i just know that when i turned it on and off with the fog light button, nothing seems to happen. as for the P31 package, mine didn't come with it. it's actually kind of a long story, but basically i ordered one with P31 but my dealership, after 2 months of waiting, told me mercedes had a shortage of 6.3 liter engines and canceled my order. so i ended up just picking one out from another dealership in their lot.
As Thrilla mentioned (and what i'm still not sure about) MY 2012+ do not have fog lights in the front. What they have is LED DRL for sure as I have a 2012 front bumper. The button you have on your dash is for the rear fog light. Can someone confirm?
As per the pre-facelift models our front fog lights are at some point adaptive at low speed when you turn and you have the convenience feature ON.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:25 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Originally Posted by abcut973
As Thrilla mentioned (and what i'm still not sure about) MY 2012+ do not have fog lights in the front. What they have is LED DRL for sure as I have a 2012 front bumper. The button you have on your dash is for the rear fog light. Can someone confirm?
That's correct. MY 2012+ do not have front foglights. I think badandy is mistaking the LED DRL as foglights, and therefore the confusion.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 PM

E63 AMG S
had my car for 4 months almost and brake still squeak...I have driven the car extremely hard in many circumstances...going to try that brake pad lubricant that a member here suggested...annoying, especially when in nyc where a whole city block can here the squeaking

like Grizzly said, the squeaking may go away for periods of time with more aggressive breaking, but so far for me always comes back. not a big deal, but would be nice to resolve the "issue"

Last edited by m3equals333; 03-12-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:38 PM

997.2 GT3
Brake squeal is pretty normal for performance oriented pads. I don't know if the problem can be resolved without switching to a less aggressive pad.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Congrats on your new C63. Amazing cars all around, enjoy
Old 03-12-2013, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I think what you are talking about here is the convenience feature where your fog lights give you extra side-visibility when you turn left or right at low speed. Not too sure if the MY 2013 has it.
In regards to the headlight washers i think they get activated when you hold more than 2s the windshield wipers command like if you wanted to clean your windshield.
Well, the newer cars might be different from my '09, but I have to turn my headlight knob to "A" then pull out one notch to activate the fog lights. My earlier point was that my fog lights come on when I turn at low speed if I DON'T have the fog lights turned on. So it's possible OP thought that they were on, then they shut off. My neighbor actually tried to tell me that one of my lights was out. I thanked her and told her that's a feature when I turn.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
They do. It's integrated into the headlight cluster though.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:06 AM

'12 C63 AMG,'11 Lexus RX450H,'10 VW Routan,'09 E92 ///M3 (Sold),'07 E85 Z4 ///M Roadster (Sold)
hello everyone, i just got my 2013 c63 sedan and have a few questions about it. my brakes squeak a little since i got it. is that normal? also, i was wondering how to activate the fog light and use the fog light spray cleaner. whenever i turn on the fog lights, nothing seems to happen. any input would be much appreciated.

I have a 12' and not Mr Tech Saavy.
However, in trying to answer your questions, here you go:

"my brakes squeak a little since i got it. is that normal?"

[I]Yes, you say a little. Mine did too."A little" and 13 months/ 7000 miles later, they still squeal from time to time.. "a little" I.e. Like the 1st few miles or so after driving in the rain the night before. No big deal IMO.
If they are doing as you say that is.. "a little", right? No worries...

If it continues, then call MB and take it in...should be covered under warranty.

also, i was wondering how to activate the fog light and use the fog light spray cleaner. whenever i turn on the fog lights, nothing seems to happen. any input would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Your foglight on/off BUTTON is located right there next to you headlamp swtich.
When "ON" the LED light strip underneath your headlights will illuminate, and when they're OFF, you will see the foglight icon illuminated next to your speedometer in the dash panel.
That said, IMHO, they suck... I see NO difference in with them ON or OFF.
I always have mine ON, but I just wish there was a way to turn them on without having to turn the headlamps ON. Meaning just the parking lights and FL's...
If you find out how to override it, and able to turn them on as you wish w/othe headlamps on ,please lmk!

use the fog light spray cleaner.
To my understanding, the headlamp washers activate every 50x you turn on your headlamps... As for the 2 sec thing, Im gonna try that"

ALL SAID, good luck and wish you all the best... I still GRIN eveRytime I get into my car.... The power, torque, mean exhaust, and driving an AMG cause excessive happiness

Keep us posted!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new 2013 c63 sedan